The cancer of Cancel Culture and the lefts devotion to it.

How do all those right wingers demanding a boycott of the Olympics in China effect their hate for the cancel culture? Can you have it both ways?
I explained that in the first fucking paragraph ffs.

And fuck the Olympics just because it's mostly overrated boring bullshit masquerading as a sport. Shotput a sport? That shit with the rock and a mop on ice? Gtfo with all that nonsense. Bar games for fun are not a sport

No you didn't. Lots of RWNJs are demanding the US boycott the Olympics. That would affect my ability to watch the games. You right wingers need to make up your silly minds.
Or you can stop trying to pigeon hole everyone. Of course, that would have to be reciprocated.
So often on this board I see leftists comparing boycotts to modern Cancel Culture. The problem with that completely false comparison is that my personal boycotts or promotion of said boycotts has no impact on your ability to indulge in what I am boycotting.
Take General Motors for instance. I will never again buy a new GM product because of how they shit on dealers while bailing out investors with my tax dollars. That personal boycott has no affect on your ability to purchase a GM product. I am not DECIDING FOR YOU.

At the same time I have not nor would I ever try to get Springsteens music banned or Deniros movies canceled. In fact I still love both of their products. They have both added to the culture of our nation. One with pride instilling patriotic music and the other with thought provoking movies that delved into organized crime. I think America would be a worse place culturally if I cancelled the products of everyone I disagreed with politically or personally.
A great question for the left is why is Mein Kampf still for sale on Amazon while other books from a conservative perspective are banned? Why is Gina canceled while the left invokes Nazi references daily? Those are rhetorical so don't bother with your gibberish twisted responses.
If not for Lincoln the United States today might still be fractured. The Civil Rights bill might not exist. Yet in California he is canceled and Illinois is considering canceling him. How is this not total off the charts lunacy?
Think back to the worst things you've ever said in life then imagine CNN putting your picture and those statements on the air every hour, every day for weeks or months...

Where does this insanity take us? Gina was spot on despite wording it in a way that could get her in trouble.

We have to stop this shit. We are circling the drain. We're like the Roman empire on the fast track.
Dixie Chicks.
What about them? Ate they still making music? I'm not a country fan so I have no idea beyond the headlines
They were silenced and received death threats when they dared to open their mouths about GWB.
Part of the right wing cancel culture you're now going to pretend you knew nothing about.

What I heard you say is that everything that has been happening in the last five years is ok because of the Dixie Chicks. Is that what you intended?

I use the Dixie Chicks to point out that the right wing uses the so-called "cancel culture" all the time. Ask the congressmen and women who have been censured by their state GOP parties. Ask Whoopi Goldberg who was fired from Weight Watchers (I think it was) because of her riff on GWB. Anyone seen Kathy Griffith/Griffin or whatever that twit's name is lately? Wonder why.

So. It's ok then.

We've been doing it forever. Probably not one of our better qualities as human beings but pretending that one political ideology does it and the other does not is almost as stupid as pretending one political ideology likes country music and the other one doesn't or one drinks alcohol and the other doesn't.

How do all those right wingers demanding a boycott of the Olympics in China effect their hate for the cancel culture? Can you have it both ways?

And fuck the Olympics just because it's mostly overrated boring bullshit masquerading as a sport. Shotput a sport? That shit with the rock and a mop on ice? Gtfo with all that nonsense. Bar games for fun are not a sport

No you didn't. Lots of RWNJs are demanding the US boycott the Olympics. That would affect my ability to watch the games. You right wingers need to make up your silly minds.
Or you can stop trying to pigeon hole everyone. Of course, that would have to be reciprocated.
So often on this board I see leftists comparing boycotts to modern Cancel Culture. The problem with that completely false comparison is that my personal boycotts or promotion of said boycotts has no impact on your ability to indulge in what I am boycotting.
Take General Motors for instance. I will never again buy a new GM product because of how they shit on dealers while bailing out investors with my tax dollars. That personal boycott has no affect on your ability to purchase a GM product. I am not DECIDING FOR YOU.

At the same time I have not nor would I ever try to get Springsteens music banned or Deniros movies canceled. In fact I still love both of their products. They have both added to the culture of our nation. One with pride instilling patriotic music and the other with thought provoking movies that delved into organized crime. I think America would be a worse place culturally if I cancelled the products of everyone I disagreed with politically or personally.
A great question for the left is why is Mein Kampf still for sale on Amazon while other books from a conservative perspective are banned? Why is Gina canceled while the left invokes Nazi references daily? Those are rhetorical so don't bother with your gibberish twisted responses.
If not for Lincoln the United States today might still be fractured. The Civil Rights bill might not exist. Yet in California he is canceled and Illinois is considering canceling him. How is this not total off the charts lunacy?
Think back to the worst things you've ever said in life then imagine CNN putting your picture and those statements on the air every hour, every day for weeks or months...

Where does this insanity take us? Gina was spot on despite wording it in a way that could get her in trouble.

We have to stop this shit. We are circling the drain. We're like the Roman empire on the fast track.
Dixie Chicks.
What about them? Ate they still making music? I'm not a country fan so I have no idea beyond the headlines
They were silenced and received death threats when they dared to open their mouths about GWB.
Part of the right wing cancel culture you're now going to pretend you knew nothing about.

What I heard you say is that everything that has been happening in the last five years is ok because of the Dixie Chicks. Is that what you intended?

More accurately would be that you are complaining about the exact same thing you are guilty of. Hypocrite much?

I see. You are incapable of intellectual discourse. I won't make that mistake again.

If you think intellectual discourse is the same as ignoring your hypocrisy, then you could be right.
If by hypocrisy, you mean that I judge all you little Democratic Party members as the same because you look alike then I'm guilty. You repeat the same lines. You don't blink. You don't question. It's easy to forget you might not actually tow the party line. I thought that by asking directly that it would provide you with the opportunity to actually state what you thought as an individual.

Again. I see you are incapable of intellectual discourse. I won't make that mistake again.

I'm a liberal. We don't ban books or destroy people because we can.

You're a liberal? No you're just another lying hypocritical right wing idiot.

Dixie Chicks.

More accurately would be that you are complaining about the exact same thing you are guilty of. Hypocrite much?

I see. You are incapable of intellectual discourse. I won't make that mistake again.

If you think intellectual discourse is the same as ignoring your hypocrisy, then you could be right.
If by hypocrisy, you mean that I judge all you little Democratic Party members as the same because you look alike then I'm guilty. You repeat the same lines. You don't blink. You don't question. It's easy to forget you might not actually tow the party line. I thought that by asking directly that it would provide you with the opportunity to actually state what you thought as an individual.

Again. I see you are incapable of intellectual discourse. I won't make that mistake again.

I'm a liberal.

Dixie Chicks.

I'm a liberal.

No problem. The orderly on your floor said they also have 2 Teddy Roosevelts and a Marlene Dietrich too.

Dixie Chicks.

I'm a liberal.

No problem. The orderly on your floor said they also have 2 Teddy Roosevelts and a Marlene Dietrich too.
I'm not a neoliberal. It's why I don't just kick back and throw USMB high fives when you recite Democratic Party talking points. I'm not a Democrat but I am a liberal. You hear what you want to hear and anyone that doesn't think just like you is considered the enemy.

That's a you problem, not a me problem.

Dixie Chicks.

I'm a liberal.

I'm not a neoliberal. It's why I don't just kick back and throw USMB high fives when you recite Democratic Party talking points. I'm not a Democrat but I am a liberal. You hear what you want to hear and anyone that doesn't think just like you is considered the enemy.

Cool. Glad to meet you. I'm Batman.

Dixie Chicks.

I'm a liberal.

Cool. Glad to meet you. I'm Batman.

And..............now you bore me.

This is the 1056th Cancel Culture™ thread by a USMB rightwing poster.

Dixie Chicks.

I use the Dixie Chicks to point out that the right wing uses the so-called "cancel culture" all the time. Ask the congressmen and women who have been censured by their state GOP parties. Ask Whoopi Goldberg who was fired from Weight Watchers (I think it was) because of her riff on GWB. Anyone seen Kathy Griffith/Griffin or whatever that twit's name is lately? Wonder why.

So. It's ok then.

We've been doing it forever. Probably not one of our better qualities as human beings but pretending that one political ideology does it and the other does not is almost as stupid as pretending one political ideology likes country music and the other one doesn't or one drinks alcohol and the other doesn't.
Does every thread have to include it? Because nobody appears to get beyond that in most threads.

Dixie Chicks.

So. It's ok then.

Does every thread have to include it? Because nobody appears to get beyond that in most threads.

Does every thread have to include what? As far as I know, you have to be a moderator to "cancel" someone's posts here. Most threads have no intervention at all from what I see. Those that have intervention, I will agree, the intervention is ill-advised.

New Topics

Forum List

Back