The ‘Cancel Culture’ Myth

Nope, all your posts are worthless.

yet here you are, again, getting worked up about them. I mean, you could be like this next guy, who put me on ignore because I spanked him too often.

In all fairness, you have to hand it to nutters: They're willing to outright deny what is absolutely obvious.

It just isn't there. It just doesn't exist. Where? I don't see it.

You have to admit, it can be very difficult to communicate with someone who will do that. You just give up, they claim victory.

Pot, meet Kettle. You engage in all the behaviors you describe in others. Like when you make claims that are easily refuted, but keep making them anyway.

Yes, I know chop suey is American and that’s what makes it appropriate for a chi com in America.

Sorry, man, your obsession with China is your thing, I'm about fixing America's problems.

The biggest one is we have a crazy person in the White House.

I am never putting you on ignore, I enjoy calling out your bullshit way too much.

I am never putting you on ignore, I enjoy calling out your bullshit way too much.

You mean you enjoy getting spanked, apparently.... you are a sad little man.

Wrong....as usual....but I'll also be donating some to food pantries and giving some to friends.

Fuck AOC and her stupid boycott.

Somehow, we doubt you ever used the product, and won't be using it in a couple weeks.

You mean you enjoy getting spanked, apparently.... you are a sad little man.

Wrong....as usual....but I'll also be donating some to food pantries and giving some to friends.

Fuck AOC and her stupid boycott.

Somehow, we doubt you ever used the product, and won't be using it in a couple weeks.

Lol "spanked"

You can't even back up your shit with verifiable data.

“The idea is that if you do something that others deem problematic, you automatically lose all your currency. Your voice is silenced. You’re done. Those who condemn cancel culture usually imply that it’s unfair and indiscriminate.

The problem with this perspective is cancel culture isn’t real, at least not in the way people believe it is. Instead, it’s turned into a catch-all for when people in power face consequences for their actions or receive any type of criticism, something that they’re not used to.”

Ok, a strong and clear position. Now, let's see how you back it up.

The fact is that the ‘PC/cancel culture’ myth runs contrary to the Framers’ original intent that it should be private citizens in the context of private society who determine what forms of speech and expression are acceptable and appropriate and what are not, free from unwarranted interference by government or the courts.

Indeed, as correctly noted in the OP article, what conservatives wrongly deride as being ‘PC/cancel culture’ is actually the marketplace of free speech and expression at work – something one would think rightists should support: the free enterprise of ideas the sole purview of the people, immune from regulation by the state.

Instead, conservatives embrace the ‘PC/cancel culture’ myth as a means by which to advance the lie that ‘free speech’ is being ‘violated’ and conservative voices ‘silenced’ – when in fact nothing could be further from the truth; the ‘PC/cancel culture’ myth is a bad faith effort by the right to delegitimize appropriate, warranted criticism of racism, bigotry, and hate.

Ah, to support your conclusion, you define the position of your enemies in such a way as to invalidate their complaint.

NO examples of course. That would be silly. Better just to make assertions backed up by additional assertions.

That would be you losing the debate, right there. YOu utterly failed to even try to support your premise.

Okay. they have to call their teams something else. Frankly, given what a bunch of losers the Indians are, they should probalby welcome a name change.

The Cleveland Indians were a charter member of the American League in 1901... 119 years ago. The Washington Redskins have existed for 83 years. These are not here today, gone tomorrow organizations.

They have traditions, history and legacy... but I don’t expect our young skulls full of mush to understand such things as they are no longer taught, never mind embraced. How much they will find they have lost someday soon.

The Cleveland Indians were a charter member of the American League in 1901... 119 years ago. The Washington Redskins have existed for 83 years. These are not here today, gone tomorrow organizations.

So what? The names are still racist and need to go.

They have traditions, history and legacy... but I don’t expect our young skulls full of mush to understand such things as they are no longer taught, never mind embraced. How much they will find they have lost someday soon.

Guy, if someone offered the owners of the Indians to move to their city tomorrow they'd say fuck tradition in a heartbeat.

Okay, still waiting for you to give an example of someone who was effectively cancelled.

Not someone who was dropped by corporate sponsors after they said something obnoxious and got dropped by the big corporation who didn't want them to tarnish their brand name.
I already told you, long ago, but then you got snarky, because you knew I was right.

Alex Jones' impact on the culture, both mainstream, and the internet, has been decimated by the CFR and interlocking directorate's moves against him. If not for him, Julian Assange, and Roger Stone? Donald Trump, in all probability, would not have been elected.

Your blatant strawmen, Tu Quoque, Personal Incredulity and Ad hominem do not negate the fact that you have been proven wrong.

Get over yourself.

. . . and? Go away.

I already told you, long ago, but then you got snarky, because you knew I was right.

Alex Jones' impact on the culture, both mainstream, and the internet, has been decimated by the CFR and interlocking directorate's moves against him. If not for him, Julian Assange, and Roger Stone? Donald Trump, in all probability, would not have been elected.

Yes, but these are all BAD things. Donald Trump has been the most disastrous president in my lifetime, easily.

Your blatant strawmen, Tu Quoque, Personal Incredulity and Ad hominem do not negate the fact that you have been proven wrong.

Get over yourself.

. . . and? Go away.

Naw, crazy person, it will be a great day when we identify people like you and Dale Smith and force you to take your medications.

Forum List

Back