The Can Of Worms

The Vatican says the reporter misquoted Francis.

Even the reporter says so! "In a meeting with the journalists of the Foreign Press Association of Rome in 2013, Scalfari maintained that all his interviews have been conducted without a recording device, nor taking notes while the person is speaking.

“I try to understand the person I am interviewing, and after that I write his answers with my own words,” Scalfari explained. He conceded that it is therefore possible that “some of the Pope’s words I reported, were not shared by Pope Francis.”

Vatican: Don’t trust report that Pope Francis denied reality of hell :: EWTN News

Even the reporter says so! "In a meeting with the journalists of the Foreign Press Association of Rome in 2013, Scalfari maintained that all his interviews have been conducted without a recording device, nor taking notes while the person is speaking.

“I try to understand the person I am interviewing, and after that I write his answers with my own words,” Scalfari explained. He conceded that it is therefore possible that “some of the Pope’s words I reported, were not shared by Pope Francis.”

Vatican: Don’t trust report that Pope Francis denied reality of hell :: EWTN News
It wouldn't be the first time.

I also believe Pope Francis sometime uses the wrong words when not speaking his native language.

If true, he'd better issue a firm personal denial. He's already got problems with certain factions within the Curia.

It wouldn't be the first time.

I also believe Pope Francis sometime uses the wrong words when not speaking his native language.

At least he should be quoted correctly when he uses the wrong words. No need to make stuff up. That appears to be what happened in this case.

Then the idiot isn't really a reporter, huh. Thanks for the heads up about the Foreign Press Association.

Forum List

Back