The Burning Crusade

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Well, it's less than a week until this new crack is unleashed upon a group of addicted gamers, already wetting their pants in anticipation. In all seriousness, though, it looks to be a solid expansion with almost as much content as the original game. Among the new features-

-Outland, the destroyed world of Draenor, will be opened to players lvl 58 and above, with new zones, one new city, and about the same amount of content in one of the two continents of the primary world.
-Flying mounts, granted full motion of control, but only usable in Outland.
-Two new races. The Alliance gets the light-aligned Dranei race, able to play the previously Horde exclusive class-shaman, while the Horde get the magic addicted blood elves, able to play the previously Alliance exclusive class, the paladin (blood elves are a bit evil now, but they steal their paladin abilities from an enslaved creature of the light)
-Socketed items, much like those available in Diablo II.
-New profession, jewelcrafting, able to craft rings, necklaces, and gems for socketed items.
-Several new dungeons, most of which are in outland, although Kharazan and The Caverns of Time are in the main world. Kharazan is the tower of Medivh and will be the highest level dungeon available, with several wings and expansive encounters. The Caverns of Time allow characters to go back in time to take part in three epic events from the Warcraft universe, the freeing of Thrall, the Battle for Mt. Hyjal, and the opening of the Dark Portal.
-Level cap raised to 70, with new talents, spells, and abilities.
-Arena PvP ladder featuring 2, 3, and 5 man teams from either faction in fights to the death, rather than faction vs. faction objective based battles. The arena will have its own rankings and rewards, and with the ability to fight teams from your own faction, the overpopulated alliance will not longer have to wait several minutes for a pvp battle.

Not to mention the fact that the game will be far more open to the casual gamer, with the high end dungeons being made for 5-10, rather than 40, people at a time. I, for one, am joining the pantswetters in drooling over this expansion. I've already paid for it in full and I'm just waiting for the shipping.

Official Site:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/

I used to play way back even during it's beta. I only lasted 5-6 months before the grind got to me and was bored trying to get to 60. Stopped at 57. Oh well. I really enjoyed the game, but I don't miss it now. The flying mounts sounds awesome. But I can't go back, I wasted too many hours on it already.

Well, I have been playing it since the 17th of Jan and enjoying every minute. I am not a hardcore gamer per say. It took me well over a year to make 60 and I have gone up one level since Crusade came out. Of course, I had to try the new races (made one of each) and they are fun. The grind for them seems to go much faster, too.

I can see how some would spend every waking minute in game, but I have a "life" (sorta) so have not made the virtual world my ONLY world.

I can see how some would spend every waking minute in game, but I have a "life" (sorta) so have not made the virtual world my ONLY world.

Apparently some kid played for 72 hours straight and made it to level 70 first. Ever hear of the kid that played so long in japan that he died?

Forum List

Back