The Bronze Age Village buried by the Plinian Eruption of Mount Vesuvius

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011

THE PLINIAN ERUPTION OF MOUNT VESUVIUS AROUND 4,000 YEARS AGO – 2,000 YEARS BEFORE THE ONE THAT BURIED THE ROMAN CITY OF POMPEII, PRESERVED THE EARLY BRONZE AGE VILLAGE OF AFRAGOLA IN METRES OF ASH, MUD AND ALLUVIAL SEDIMENTS.​

....There was also one storage building in the village where all the grains and various agricultural goods and fruits were gathered from nearby woods to be stored. The building caught fire probably due to the arrival of pyroclastic materials and collapsed, carbonising the stored vegetal materials inside.

Bronze Age Campanian Plain was home to a rich diversity of food sources, including a variety of grains and barley, hazelnuts, acorns, wild apples, dogwood, pomegranates, and cornelian cherry, all extraordinarily well-preserved in the aftermath of the volcanic eruption.

This is so cool. They are saying that it happened in the fall and changed the climate for awhile.

The makeup of the town, the bodies preserved in volcanic ash. the pictures of their local diety, Greek god of fertility was depicted with a penis disorder
Well, this is a direction that I never thought that my thread would take. I may regret this. I've never heard of a deity with a penis disorder. I wonder if that is how Priapus started out. The penis was pretty popular and people carried ones made of clay for good luck. The mutilation of the herms in Athens were about ripping the penis off the corner statue block things.

There used to be a site that used 3D to tour ancient cities, don't know if it's still around. Don't know why they don't use CGI to do this sort of thing and start a revival in going to theaters using the new tech. If they think crap like Spider Man and stupid stuff about faggots is all there is to the market possibilities no wonder they're going out of business.

There used to be a site that used 3D to tour ancient cities, don't know if it's still around. Don't know why they don't use CGI to do this sort of thing and start a revival in going to theaters using the new tech. If they think crap like Spider Man and stupid stuff about faggots is all there is to the market possibilities no wonder they're going out of business.

Yeah. It was new to me then watching it.

Forum List

Back