The "Brat Ban" movement - I love it

I don't allow kids at my facilities. I did at first until this asshole jarhead shows up with his fat little bastards who came back up with the key to a cabin because there was no A/C or MTV.The average temp here at sundown is 66 fucking degrees.
Yeah. murkins. In the midst of a rainforest full of animals with 100 foot waterfall 50 yards from the cabin and these cocksuckers want MTV. They'll make great Marines, just like daddy.

Personally, I love being around kids. Even the bratty ones can be entertaining. But I can totally understand that not all people share my affection for the young. Businesses must do what's best for their customers.

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

I was standing in line at the grocery store yesterday. In front of me was a four year old sitting in the cart while her dad was loading up the groceries. She was "eeeeeeeeing" at an uber loud and high-pitched tone. She would go as long as she could, stop and catch her breath, then start all over again. The dad? Looked at her with zero reaction, zero comment, zero anything. The kid turned and looked at me and I quietly went "ssshhh". She shut up.

Parents who are afraid to say no to their kids ought to be slapped upside the head.

Yes... Indeed, as a parent I do cringe when mine are disobedient and it is a very difficult thing to adequately discipline and direct them. But at the same time, they are mine to parent and not everyone else's.... So that means I do not invite or make welcome other people's methods so easily. I consider others I just will not necessarily be overly manipulated or controlled by them.

As long as it's the businesses making the decisions and not the government I don't have a problem with it.

I was standing in line at the grocery store yesterday. In front of me was a four year old sitting in the cart while her dad was loading up the groceries. She was "eeeeeeeeing" at an uber loud and high-pitched tone. She would go as long as she could, stop and catch her breath, then start all over again. The dad? Looked at her with zero reaction, zero comment, zero anything. The kid turned and looked at me and I quietly went "ssshhh". She shut up.

Parents who are afraid to say no to their kids ought to be slapped upside the head.

My father would have beat my ass if I did that.

Hey, parents, here's a bit of advice:

Nobody thinks your kids are cute except you.

Yes... Indeed, as a parent I do cringe when mine are disobedient and it is a very difficult thing to adequately discipline and direct them. But at the same time, they are mine to parent and not everyone else's.... So that means I do not invite or make welcome other people's methods so easily. I consider others I just will not necessarily be overly manipulated or controlled by them.
Nobody is asking to "control" you or your methods or really cares what methods parents use. We only ask and expect that they WORK and you ("you" meaning parents) teach your children how to behave, in public at least. Anyone who is unable or worse unwilling to do so (the brain-dead idiot at the store above is a perfect example; I see that kind of thing all the time) should not be permitted in public with their children. They should also be neutered immediately, but sadly, this is not about to happen...so having at least some places where adults can go without fear of such obnoxious brats and their shallow end of the gene pool parents is more than welcome.

Nobody is asking to "control" you or your methods or really cares what methods parents use. We only ask and expect that they WORK and you ("you" meaning parents) teach your children how to behave, in public at least. Anyone who is unable or worse unwilling to do so (the brain-dead idiot at the store above is a perfect example; I see that kind of thing all the time) should not be permitted in public with their children. They should also be neutered immediately, but sadly, this is not about to happen...so having at least some places where adults can go without fear of such obnoxious brats and their shallow end of the gene pool parents is more than welcome.
You may merely be mistaken when you posted "Nobody is asking to "control" you or your methods or really cares what methods parents use." Many, many people obviously do care and many use methods of manipulation of all sorts to direct and redirect 'us' as parents in the raising of our children.

I no longer agree with your abrasive suggestiveness toward parenting and I would suggest that perhaps you should have a few of your own children before attempting to butt heads with those of us that have our own and know BETTER than to rant ridiculously about the noise other children make, within reason. There are better ways to address such issues. Adult conversation proving adult wisdom and experience couple with common courtesy and consideration toward ALL parties involved would be a start.

MANY ADULTS go in public and act like complete ASSES so what the hell do you think we should do with them? Hmmm? Cut their heads off in society and prevent them from ever being able to make another decision for themselves for as long as they live representing the backward and unwelcome way that many individuals consider themselves evolved from? Really? Perhaps you should keep yourself in better check, bill5. Not all parents would tolerate their children acting too badly in public but on that same note most parents would pop you in the mouth for bitchin like a baffling loon over a little bit of NOISE.

Last edited:
Ah now I see what your little hissy in the military forum was about :rolleyes:

You may merely be mistaken when you posted "Nobody is asking to "control" you or your methods or really cares what methods parents use." Many, many people obviously do care and many use methods of manipulation of all sorts to direct and redirect 'us' as parents in the raising of our children.
Like....

I no longer agree with your abrasive suggestiveness toward parenting and I would suggest that perhaps you should have a few of your own children before attempting to butt heads with those of us that have our own
I suggest you take a valium and think before you speak. Also check your facts before flying off half-cocked. Did it ever occur to you that I DO have children? And even if I didn't, so what? Plenty of people without kids have a clue about parenting (I did - what I'm saying I have known/believed all my adult life) and TONS of parents out there are clueless about parenting. In fact, that is why the no-young-kids thing is gaining steam.

As for "butting heads," you threw the first butt. I am merely stating my opinion. Excuse me if it disagrees with yours.

and know BETTER than to rant ridiculously
Ah the pot/kettle thing. Surprise.

There are better ways to address such issues.
Yes, like parents being intelligent and considerate enough to know not to bring very young children to restaurants. Sadly, there are a lot of morons out there reproducing who don't get it, making this a needed fix.

The rest of your post is so childish and nonsensical it's not even worth addressing.

PS: I see you just sent me a PM. I'm not about to waste my time reading more of your silliness either privately or "out here," so it was a wasted effort FYI.

Last edited:
Pay close attention dear bill5 because you are likely to not be on just merely my shit list if you continue bashing on children in public. Take your limited, snip cutting creative reporting and selective reasoning to feed your own logic as you wish it will be to your own demise.

I don't allow kids at my facilities. I did at first until this asshole jarhead shows up with his fat little bastards who came back up with the key to a cabin because there was no A/C or MTV.The average temp here at sundown is 66 fucking degrees.
Yeah. murkins. In the midst of a rainforest full of animals with 100 foot waterfall 50 yards from the cabin and these cocksuckers want MTV. They'll make great Marines, just like daddy.

Cock-what? Isn't that one of the qualifications for the new enlightened military since they threw out DADT?

I've raised five kids to adulthood. I think I have a right to an opinion on the matter, lol! My opinion is that I didn't allow my children to misbehave in public, period. If they acted up in a restaurant, we left the restaurant whether we had eaten or not. If they acted up in a movie, we left the movie no matter how hard they sobbed that they were sorry and would be good. I'm the parent. I do not negotiate with four year olds... or teenagers, for that matter.

It wasn't long before they knew the drill. If they wanted to do something fun as a family, be it going to a park, a restaurant, Disneyland or just shopping for schoolclothes at the mall, there was a level of behavior expected of them.

I didn't allow my children's behavior to ruin the enjoyment of others in restaurants, movies, grocery shopping or even at a park. They were not allowed to run shrieking wildly, causing people nearby to wince or cover their ears. They were not allowed to run up behind someone enjoying a meal and scream at the top of their lungs for the pleasure of watching the startled person spill coffee all over himself. But I have seen all of these things done by children whose parents could not be bothered to contain them.

I applaud "child free" stores, restaurants, theatres and even "child free zones". Very few people find other people's loud, wailing, tantrum-throwing, rude, obnoxious children as cute. I sure as hell don't.

I swear, some parents deliberately use their holligan offspring as passive-aggressive weapons, gloating at the misery being inflicted on others and enjoying the fact that there isn't a damned thing those poor people can do about it without getting themselves arrested. So kudos to the gutsy manager who informs these rude parents that they'll have to take their out-of-control children and leave the establishment.

:applause:

But as much as I applaud parents who actually act like parents and IMMEDIATELY handle their kids after they act up, the point of this movement is to prevent anyone from having to listen to really young kids - who are of course much more prone to inappropriate behavior (not their fault) - acting up in the first place. Even if a parent corrects/handles a kid immediately after an outburst, the damage is already done. If only takes a few seconds of an ear-piercing scream to ruin a meal. This is why kids ~ 6 and under should not be taken to places where a low level of noise is expected, eg restaurants, movies (other than "kiddie" movies of course) etc.

Absolutely, and I sure as hell hope there will be future movements to remove idiot, loud mouth asshats who mistakenly think they rule the world.

I remember my daughter's one attempted tantrum. She was two. She spent a few days with a friend while my mother was in intensive care, and when she got home, she tried to tantrum just like their little one. I picked her up by by the cross strap of her coveralls, swung her up, bounced her off her feet and said "WE DON'T DO THAT". She stopped, mid-shriek.

Now, I have known parents of kids on the spectrum, and that wouldn't work for them. Heck, some kids you can spank until your hand changes colors and they'll still do what they want to do. I was one of those kids you just had to look at, and I'd burst into tears.

Parenting isn't easy.

Thanks to PTSD, I have an exaggerated startle reflex. One kid making like an air raid siren is enough to trigger me, so I do get Bill's point. And I LOVE kids. Infants, babies, toddlers, on up. But I don't appreciate it when somebody shows up with the equivalent of a circus, and refuses to parent effectively.

New Topics

Forum List

Back