The boycott should happen

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

but it won't. Thief in Chief Biden and the demrats owe the communist Chinese a great deal, not to mention the CCP's internal suppression of elements of their own populace.

Economic ones don't at times. This proposed boycott however is making a moral and political statement,
And that's exactly what's been wrong with the games up to this point.

The Olympics should transcend politics.

We were stupid to boycott the games in 1980, Russia was stupid to boycott the games in '84, and it will be stupid for us to boycott the games in 2022...

And that's exactly what's been wrong with the games up to this point.

The Olympics should transcend politics.

We were stupid to boycott the games in 1980, Russia was stupid to boycott the games in '84, and it will be stupid for us to boycott the games in 2022...
In theory I would agree. However the world is for better or worse different.

Boycotting the Beijing Olympics is a useless measure.

What should happen is that the IOC should think long and hard about what cities should be able to host the olympic games...and rotate the biannual games through a number of cities (lets say 8-10) whose nations A) want the games, B) have infrastructure in place to host the games without massive investment C) if investement is needed in the form of new venues...have a sustainability plan to address the afterlife of these venues. I'd love to see some sort of human rights tie-in to the awarding of these sites as well. China shouldn't be able to crush any dissent M-F and then host the games on Saturday.

Or...another idea that we've been kicking about recently is that you no longer have "Olympic cities".... Evey 2 years, you have an Olympic Games. Ski Jumping in Noway where it was basically invented; figure skating at, just to name a place, Madison Square Garden; Luge in Sarajevo... And 2 years after...Track and Field at a track in Beijing, equestrian in Manchester, Handball in Prague...

I have many posts available that suggest that RepubliKKKans don't boycott.
Why the sudden change?

It will be disgusting if America chooses to participate in an Olympics hosted by a country with an appalling human rights record that continues today.

Sure they do.

On occasion, perhaps, but the vast majority of them fail pretty quickly...

Move the games to Atlanta to make up for the baseball boycott that occurred there.

The problem with that is that the IOC couldn't, nor should they, give a shit about the All Star Game being moved.

And I won't even mention the fact that there aren't too many places in Atlanta to go downhill skiing. The Olympics being held in China are the winter games. Atlanta can't host those...

I'm not going to boycott china over the Olympics.

What I do boycott is the Olympics because America and other countries used it to display their political and social agendas.

I also boycott companies and organizations that "proudly support" blacks, BLM, and other such racist subjects.

I'm not going to boycott china over the Olympics.

What I do boycott is the Olympics because America and other countries used it to display their political and social agendas.

It's not America which does that. It's America-hating piece of shit athletes who do that...

Forum List

Back