The Boy Who Cried Racist - Modern Day Folktale

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
remember the boy who cried wolf?

There was once a shepherd-boy who kept his flock at a little distance from the village. Once he thought he would play a trick on the villagers and have some fun at their expense. So he ran toward the village crying out, with all his might,--

"Wolf! Wolf! Come and help! The wolves are at my lambs!"

The kind villagers left their work and ran to the field to help him. But when they got there the boy laughed at them for their pains; there was no wolf there.

Still another day the boy tried the same trick, and the villagers came running to help and got laughed at again. Then one day a wolf did break into the fold and began killing the lambs. In great fright, the boy ran for help. "Wolf! Wolf!" he screamed. "There is a wolf in the flock! Help!"

The villagers heard him, but they thought it was another mean trick; no one paid the least attention, or went near him. And the shepherd-boy lost all his sheep.

That is the kind of thing that happens to people who lie: even when they tell the truth no one believes them.

I'm getting this same feeling lately when I hear people call others and politicians racist. Most of the time its unfounded B.S. and i'm starting to think all calls of racism are just people crying for their own selfish reasons and not actually pointing out real racism.

Last edited:
I predicted the closer we got to the elections the more we would hear SCREAMS of racist, bigot, etc etc.

They USE it like a weapon to try and SHUT PEOPLE UP...

But I also believe the PEOPLE are fed up with it all so it really doesn't matter anymore. They call people racist and the people just, YAWN.

Once again, I hear it much more from the right claiming that the left is doing it as opposed to seeing it in actual practice.

Few people with half a brain think that opposing a candidate on political reasons makes a person "racist".

On the other hand, there are some legitimate racists on this board. If you deny that, you haven't been reading their posts.

Once again, I hear it much more from the right claiming that the left is doing it as opposed to seeing it in actual practice.

Few people with half a brain think that opposing a candidate on political reasons makes a person "racist".

On the other hand, there are some legitimate racists on this board. If you deny that, you haven't been reading their posts.

I dont think anyone here was claiming that racists don't exist and that there are no racists on this board, heck i've seen anti-white, anti-black, and anti-hispanic posts all over the place.

However, I see people tossing "racist" around so much that the term itself no longer really carrys any weight. "Romney is a racist" thread is a great example of people abusing the term and diminishing its value in the process.

I dont think anyone here was claiming that racists don't exist and that there are no racists on this board, heck i've seen anti-white, anti-black, and anti-hispanic posts all over the place.

However, I see people tossing "racist" around so much that the term itself no longer really carrys any weight. "Romney is a racist" thread is a great example of people abusing the term and diminishing its value in the process.

Racist. :D ;)

Lots of people claimed that we opposed Obamacare because it was proposed by a black president.

Shirley Sherrod comes to mind as one who said that.

I could come up with other examples if I had to, but they blur together it happened so much, and so many are buried in commentary sections on boards and blogs.

I predicted the closer we got to the elections the more we would hear SCREAMS of racist, bigot, etc etc.

They USE it like a weapon to try and SHUT PEOPLE UP...

But I also believe the PEOPLE are fed up with it all so it really doesn't matter anymore. They call people racist and the people just, YAWN.

You left out Fatty!!! ;)

Last edited:
Kind of like calling sexism in regards to a few right wing women?
It's because she is a woman, kind of sounds like it's because he is black. Just sayin

losing-the-debate-shout-racist.jpg

I love it, CON$ call Obama a "little black man-child" or "our boy president" or "boiking" etc., and then bitch that they are being called a racist for disagreeing with his policies.

I love it, CON$ call Obama a "little black man-child" or "our boy president" or "boiking" etc., and then bitch that they are being called a racist for disagreeing with his policies.

Pretty General and misguided statement. How is that not Profiling?

Those things were said in response to us being called racist for disagreeing with Obama.

Get your timeline straight.

You guys started saying every questioning of qualification and every criticism of policy was were signs and codewords of our supposed racism.

Our only defense to the preposterous accusations from the left was to turn it into a joke and embrace the punchline.

Some of us tried to defend ourselves respectfully in the beginning, because that's the way we were raised all our lives to do, but you used our respectful responses as a sign that we cared, and the more we showed we cared, the more you seemed to realize that you could wound us by accusing us of foul things.

Pretty much the only avenue remaining to vent our frustration at the unfair accusations was humor.

That is the point of the OP as I see it. You guys tried to gain political mileage out of accusing us of racism. In doing so, you have made the word "racist" a joke and done a grave injustice to those who are suffering from real racism.

In fairness, your signature tells others exactly how valuable your opinions are, EdTheHack. You attribute a quote to Rush which was, in fact, coined by the left winger Saul Alinski. If you're that fucking stupid with basic quotes, why would anyone take anything else you say seriously?

Idiot.

In fairness, your signature tells others exactly how valuable your opinions are, EdTheHack. You attribute a quote to Rush which was, in fact, coined by the left winger Saul Alinski. If you're that fucking stupid with basic quotes, why would anyone take anything else you say seriously?

Idiot.

So many things Rush says were taken straight from the mouths of those on the left.

The left doesn't care when it comes from their own. But suddenly it's evil because Rush said it back to them.

remember the boy who cried wolf?

There was once a shepherd-boy who kept his flock at a little distance from the village. Once he thought he would play a trick on the villagers and have some fun at their expense. So he ran toward the village crying out, with all his might,--

"Wolf! Wolf! Come and help! The wolves are at my lambs!"

The kind villagers left their work and ran to the field to help him. But when they got there the boy laughed at them for their pains; there was no wolf there.

Still another day the boy tried the same trick, and the villagers came running to help and got laughed at again. Then one day a wolf did break into the fold and began killing the lambs. In great fright, the boy ran for help. "Wolf! Wolf!" he screamed. "There is a wolf in the flock! Help!"

The villagers heard him, but they thought it was another mean trick; no one paid the least attention, or went near him. And the shepherd-boy lost all his sheep.

That is the kind of thing that happens to people who lie: even when they tell the truth no one believes them.

I'm getting this same feeling lately when I hear people call others and politicians racist. Most of the time its unfounded B.S. and i'm starting to think all calls of racism are just people crying for their own selfish reasons and not actually pointing out real racism.

Or the majority of Confederate Republicans are racist. It's just that simple.

Idiot.

So many things Rush says were taken straight from the mouths of those on the left.

The left doesn't care when it comes from their own. But suddenly it's evil because Rush said it back to them.

I wouldn't know, because I don't listen to Rush. I have, however, read the drivel produced by Alinski... I know exactly where that quote comes from... and it sure as hell wasn't Rush.

I just like to point out the partisan bullshit that EdTheHack considers to be relevant. The guy is laughable.

Forum List

Back