The Boss' Dogs

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
These two love coffee and veggie burritos. If you run, they will give chase.
Aren't they great?

DSCN1163 (2).JPG

Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496
What kids dog likes veggie burritos? They're carnivores, give the poor pooches some meat for pity sake.
dogs are omnivores not carnivores,,,

Don't tell my dog Fritz. He'll eat vegetables when they're mixed in with meat though like Merrick's Grammy's Pot Pie or Pappy's Pot Roast but he loves his meat. Our last schnauzer would eat raw carrots occasionally but Fritz won't touch them. Sometimes he picks around vegetables but he eats like a pig so pretty much everything eventually gets gone. I've never seen a dog with such an enthusiastic appetite.

Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496
What kids dog likes veggie burritos? They're carnivores, give the poor pooches some meat for pity sake.
That can be debated, but I always considered dogs as omnivores.

Are Dogs Carnivores or Omnivores? Here's What New Research Says

Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496

Don't tell my dog Fritz. He'll eat vegetables when they're mixed in with meat though like Merrick's Grammy's Pot Pie or Pappy's Pot Roast but he loves his meat. Our last schnauzer would eat raw carrots occasionally but Fritz won't touch them. Sometimes he picks around vegetables but he eats like a pig so pretty much everything eventually gets gone. I've never seen a dog with such an enthusiastic appetite.

thats just a matter of preference,,I would eat just cheeseburgers if given the choice,,

Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496

I have a lab mix and a coon hound mix, the coon hound is getting old and feeble so we switched from dry food to an equal mix of chicken thighs,rice and mixed veggies from the human food section and the coon hound turned around in her health almost the next day and gotten better since.

it tells me they need more than we think,,,

Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496

I have a lab mix and a coon hound mix, the coon hound is getting old and feeble so we switched from dry food to an equal mix of chicken thighs,rice and mixed veggies from the human food section and the coon hound turned around in her health almost the next day and gotten better since.

There is a huge amount of reading online. Some give me the impression it's from vets sponsored by commercial pet food co's.
Sounds like the Coon can digest easier with the diet change. Also, amazing results giving CBD to older dogs with vitality issues. Many dog owners swear by it.

Post a pic of that coon hound. What a great breed.

Last edited:
Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496

There is a huge amount of reading online. Some give me the impression it's from vets sponsored by commercial pet food co's.
Sounds like the Coon can digest easier with the diet change. Also, amazing results giving CBD to older dogs with vitality issues. Many dog owners swear by it.

our vet took xrays and said her entire spine is covered in arthritis which is most of her problems,,,

I have been taking that relief factor stuff with huge success and thinking about giving her some since she still has mobility issues,,

if it wasnt for the fact shes a coon hound I would be worried about her sleeping most of the day,,,

our vet took xrays and said her entire spine is covered in arthritis which is most of her problems,,,

I have been taking that relief factor stuff with huge success and thinking about giving her some since she still has mobility issues,,

if it wasnt for the fact shes a coon hound I would be worried about her sleeping most of the day,,,
If dogs could talk...

If dogs could talk...

some can and do,,,we just dont understand them,,mostly,,

Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496

thats just a matter of preference,,I would eat just cheeseburgers if given the choice,,
Fritz loves his cheeseburgers too.
Plain cheeseburgers are only a buck at Burger King. About once a month Fritz gets his cheeseburger.

Aren't they great?

View attachment 304496

I would never feed a dog kibble alone. How'd you like eating something like oatmeal and only oatmeal day in and day out, meal after meal. You'd probably eat it to keep from starving but you'd sure as hell hate it.

Back in Virginia my grandfather bred, raised and trained the best coon dogs in the area. I think he got pretty good prices for them too. I was too young to appreciate the money aspects back then but I went on coon hunts with him many nights. He could identify each dog by sound alone from far away plus what they were doing at that moment.

I watched this 25lb miniature schnauzer tree a 400 lb black bear one afternoon a couple of summers ago.

CIMG0295.JPG

Until a coyote bitch with a couple of pups and no sense of humor got hold of him and taught him some humility, I called him Fearless Fritz. Now he's just Fritz

Attachments

• CIMG0295.JPG
    CIMG0295.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Forum List

Back