The Big Fat Lie.

earlycuyler

Extra long Bad Ass Cut.
Sep 17, 2011
Drivers seat.
this morning us guys were sitting around and one of them was explaining to us how important NRA memberships are to gun owners, and how happy he was to now be a life member, and that we should be good Americans and support them with our dollars by getting at minimum a one year membership. First, I have nothing against NRA members or gun owners. But I do have an issue with the blatant lies that NRA members use to recruit new members. I am also of the opinion that Wane LaPierre is on the same level of scum as any union president. There are two things I hear brought up by NRA members that are lies. I dont know if thees lies are put out by the leadership, or just by members that dont know better. The first one is the end of the "assault" weapons ban. 90% of NRA members will tell you that a republican President (Bush) pushed and signed some legislation, or advocated for the end of the bill. On truth, he did nothing. Second lie, The feds confiscated the poor private citizens guns after Katrina. When you call BS on that one they will site a court ruling that told NOLA to give back "confiscated" guns. Good, but what they dont say is that there are NO siteable incidence of law abiding citizens having there guns taken away. What they dont tell you NRA or otherwise is that thees guns were taken by the police from evacuated homes and businesses so that crack heads would not get them, and that the owners could not get them back. Sorry to rant.

I have a shot gun to, but dont hunt. Even may Dad has been turned away and he has been a live time member since 1980. Its in a sad state.

If they don't sell the myth of gun grabbers how will they sell memberships?

The NRA used to be a fine organization. I was a Junior member back in the 50s.

They taught a class in gun safety that I really enjoyed.

Now they seem like just another fear mongering organization working to convince people to send them money.

Forum List

Back