The Big Bang Never Happened? New Equation Says The Universe Always Existed

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Isn't this something...room for a GOD possibly??????

One of the most widely accepted scientific theories about the origin of the universe, the Big Bang theory, might not be quite as stable of a model as scientists previously thought. Evidence of cosmic microwave background radiation and the expansion of the universe seemed to prove that all known matter exploded from a single point 13.8 billion years ago, but a new model suggests that the Big Bang may never have happened at all. That would mean that all the matter in the universe has always existed, and there is no obvious beginning.

According to Phys.org, the new study applies quantum correction terms to Einstein’s famous theory of general relativity to suggest that the universe never expanded nor shrunk (as the “Big Bang” and “Big Crunch” hypotheses suggest). In addition to disproving Big Bang theory, the model could also explain the cause of dark matter and dark energy. This research was co-authored by two physicists in Egypt, Ahmed Farag Ali from Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, and Saurya Das from the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada.

“The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there,” Ali explained....

The Big Bang Never Happened New Equation Says The Universe Always Existed

One of the most widely accepted scientific theories about the origin of the universe, the Big Bang theory, might not be quite as stable of a model as scientists previously thought. Evidence of cosmic microwave background radiation and the expansion of the universe seemed to prove that all known matter exploded from a single point 13.8 billion years ago, but a new model suggests that the Big Bang may never have happened at all. That would mean that all the matter in the universe has always existed, and there is no obvious beginning.

According to Phys.org, the new study applies quantum correction terms to Einstein’s famous theory of general relativity to suggest that the universe never expanded nor shrunk (as the “Big Bang” and “Big Crunch” hypotheses suggest). In addition to disproving Big Bang theory, the model could also explain the cause of dark matter and dark energy. This research was co-authored by two physicists in Egypt, Ahmed Farag Ali from Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, and Saurya Das from the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada.

“The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there,” Ali explained....

Big Bang's my least favorite scientific theory. That everythig now originated in an object smaller than an atom makes no damned sense. :) Just because everything's expanding doesn't mean it started off infinitely small. Starting point could have been thousands of light-years across too. We can't tell because our view of the earliest universe is restricting because of how much dust there was because everything was so densely packed together hence the term 'observable' or 'known' universe. We can only see about 13.4 billion light-years in any direction because the universe is only 13.4 billion years old - we can't see further than light has had time to travel. Yet the actual diameter of the universe is estimated around 80 billion light-years. So much of the universe is forever going to be unknown.

• Banned

Big Bang's my least favorite scientific theory. That everythig now originated in an object smaller than an atom makes no damned sense. :) Just because everything's expanding doesn't mean it started off infinitely small. Starting point could have been thousands of light-years across too. We can't tell because our view of the earliest universe is restricting because of how much dust there was because everything was so densely packed together hence the term 'observable' or 'known' universe. We can only see about 13.4 billion light-years in any direction because the universe is only 13.4 billion years old - we can't see further than light has had time to travel. Yet the actual diameter of the universe is estimated around 80 billion light-years. So much of the universe is forever going to be unknown.

I never could get my head wrapped around everything starting from nothing!

I never could get my head wrapped around everything starting from nothing!

Think what we're gonna discover eventual is this universe isn't unique. Just as there's many stars with planets orbiting them, and many galaxies orbitning groups of galaxies, I think the universe is just one of many with other universes around it.

Everything else in reality is one among many. Many animals, many particles orbiting a nculeus, etc. Nothing's unique or alone or truly indivisible. There's no such thing as one unique thing. Why should there be only one universe isf there's no just one thing IN that universe? Can zoom in or out infinitely and see more individual things. Just a matter of when do you wanna stop? Physics artifically halts zooming in with the Planck length, but places no such limit on the unuverse other than the universe itself. But in principle you can go out infinitely and never be forced to stop. Just as you can smaller. Only reason we halt zooming in is in our current stage of physics we have no use for anything smaller than a planck length.

God and science isn't useful. It's more like a copout, "Because God can do anything." Ok, let's run with that a little bit. Explain via science how a being who presumedly evolved from a flesh and blood being could evolve to the point where it "cvan do anything" even violating the laws of physics? If you'd say God's always existed as it is now, fine, explain that.

Nothing real in this universe can be real without something from science explaining it. God can't exist absent science being able to at the very least theorize how it may have come about, and be able to do the things we say it can. "Magic" is not an answer, it's a cop-out.

To put it another way, just because humans can do things ants can't, and relative to ants seems godly, doesn't mean we can literally "do anything." We're still bound to the same physical reality and physics the ants are. While much of what we can do seems like acts of gods relative to what ants can do, to us it's perfectly mundane and unremarkable. To the ants it's absolutely godlike.

Similarly, if a god actually exists relative to human beings, it too might be ablew to do impressive things, but will still be finite, limited, and bound to scientific laws and limittations.

The laws of physics do not apply before, during and after the BB until later. The so called laws of physics may only exist in this universe and not in others universes.

The laws of physics do not apply before, during and after the BB until later. The so called laws of physics may only exist in this universe and not in others universes.

Sorta. A law of physics will always apply whether we understand it yet or not. The early universe may well have expanding vastly in excess of the speed of light (aka Inflation theory) seemingly breking a law of physics, yet not quite. Just means our previous understanding about velocity was in error. No laws were broken as a result, and our understanding of the laws was tweaked.

Sorta. A law of physics will always apply whether we understand it yet or not. The early universe may well have expanding vastly in excess of the speed of light (aka Inflation theory) seemingly breking a law of physics, yet not quite. Just means our previous understanding about velocity was in error. No laws were broken as a result, and our understanding of the laws was tweaked.
Try this on for our laws of physics - take 100% of the energy in the universe and that is equal to or less than the instant of creation in that itty- bitty, teenie- weenie spec.
Now, what about some laws of physics before the big bang? I wasn't there but my mother in law was but she won't tell.

Looks to me like the article does not say what you or the blog says it did.

Astrophysicist Brian Koberlein clarifies that the new model only suggests there was not a singularity at the beginning of the universe, as he explained on his website.

“The catch is that by eliminating the singularity, the model predicts that the universe had no beginning. It existed forever as a kind of quantum potential before ‘collapsing’ into the hot dense state we call the Big Bang. Unfortunately many articles confuse ‘no singularity’ with ‘no big bang.'”

According to Earth Sky, the new model doesn’t necessarily prove the Big Bang never happened, as there’s still an expansion of the universe to account for, but it could greatly contribute to the scientific discussion about the origin of everything.

Read more at The Big Bang Never Happened New Equation Says The Universe Always Existed

Go through your website link. There are lots of papers questioning aspects of the Big Bang and the Big Bank itself.

Theorists apply loop quantum gravity theory to black hole

The Big Bang versus the Big Bounce

New theory suggests some black holes might predate the Big Bang

Republicans latch on to one thing they think they've heard and if it kind of fits what they imagine, they see it as proof. The link you posted suggested the universe is finite and possibly static. They will have to reconcile that with actual measurements and data:

A Science Odyssey People and Discoveries Hubble finds proof that the universe is expanding

AT T Labs - Innovation - Technology Timeline - The Echo of the Big Bang AT T Labs AT T

That's the thing about science. Keep throwing the ideas out there. Remember, it wasn't that long ago the people didn't believe in black holes. People thought our galaxy was the only galaxy. However, it will take something pretty massive to, as Sarah Palin put it, "refudiate" current theories.

Gentlemen, and I use it in the most loosely knit terms, I place a scientific article out there, with the headline from that article, and I'm attacked. If you have a differing opinion from a man of science that wrote it, I suggest you contact him directly, or simply state YOUR OPINION, which, unless you have a higher degree than the scientist, isn't worth the space you take up! But continue!

Gentlemen, and I use it in the most loosely knit terms, I place a scientific article out there, with the headline from that article, and I'm attacked. If you have a differing opinion from a man of science that wrote it, I suggest you contact him directly, or simply state YOUR OPINION, which, unless you have a higher degree than the scientist, isn't worth the space you take up! But continue!
I missed the posts where someone attacked you dipshit. Care to point them out?

I missed the posts where someone attacked you dipshit. Care to point them out?

If you didn't use Republican, :ahole-1:, it wouldn't have been a personal attack!

"Republicans latch on to one thing they think they've heard and if it kind of fits what they imagine, they see it as proof. The link you posted suggested the universe is finite and possibly static. They will have to reconcile that with actual measurements and data:"

God and science isn't useful. It's more like a copout, "Because God can do anything." Ok, let's run with that a little bit. Explain via science how a being who presumedly evolved from a flesh and blood being could evolve to the point where it "cvan do anything" even violating the laws of physics? If you'd say God's always existed as it is now, fine, explain that.

Nothing real in this universe can be real without something from science explaining it. God can't exist absent science being able to at the very least theorize how it may have come about, and be able to do the things we say it can. "Magic" is not an answer, it's a cop-out.

God did not evolve from a flesh and blood being. And science can't explain shit. All they have been able to do is discover the Physics of God, and even that we do it at a snail's pace. When did man discover dimensions? How much longer before they figure out that dimensions can tear, burn, roll?

The beginning wasn't the Big Bang. In the beginning, there was God..... What you call magic, God calls physics. Scientists are finding God, they are just to ignorant to says so. And He can do anything.

Forum List

Back