The bible on being "worldly" or "of the world"

Which is fine but it doesn't answer my question . God does not need us to enforce his will.
Whether He needs it, it's in the Bible. Ya a Christian, aintcha.
Somehow I doubt he would be pleased with all the people we kill in his name.
That's not His will, as stated in the Bible.

For some reason we only care about the portions we like.
Obviously.

You leave out quite a bit.

Which is fine but it doesn't answer my question . God does not need us to enforce his will.
Whether He needs it, it's in the Bible. Ya a Christian, aintcha.
Somehow I doubt he would be pleased with all the people we kill in his name.
That's not His will, as stated in the Bible.

For some reason we only care about the portions we like.
Obviously.

You leave out quite a bit.

You mean we aren't writing books here?

...which, by the way, is here already.

Can you elaborate, please?
You said in the OP, "believers can rest assured that there is a glorious Kingdom that awaits us." On the contrary, Jesus stated repeatedly during his ministry that the kingdom had come. The apostles thereafter began to recognize their citizenship in it.

Paul proclaimed citizenship in the kingdom for himself and his contemporaries (Col 1:13). The letter to the Hebrews exhorts believers to be grateful for the kingdom they had received (Heb 12:28). And the Revelator declared himself a partner in the kingdom with his brethren (Rv 1:9). The kingdom’s arrival is clearly a first-century phenomenon.

Sadly, mainstream and evangelical Christians do not recognize it.

You said in the OP, "believers can rest assured that there is a glorious Kingdom that awaits us." On the contrary, Jesus stated repeatedly during his ministry that the kingdom had come. The apostles thereafter began to recognize their citizenship in it.

Paul proclaimed citizenship in the kingdom for himself and his contemporaries (Col 1:13). The letter to the Hebrews exhorts believers to be grateful for the kingdom they had received (Heb 12:28). And the Revelator declared himself a partner in the kingdom with his brethren (Rv 1:9). The kingdom’s arrival is clearly a first-century phenomenon.

Oh, thanks. The quote you referenced is actually from the author in the link. I copied and pasted it here.

Oh, thanks. The quote you referenced is actually from the author in the link. I copied and pasted it here.
Then that author doesn't understand Christianity. The kingdom of God is the heart and soul of Christianity. If one doesn't know what it is, then he doesn't understand the faith.

Being in the kingdom, the apostles were not of the world. That is, they were not of Moses. They were not under temple jurisdiction.

I thought Jesus said "My Kingdom is part of this World, and will be established on earth as soon as every elected office in America is held by Bible Thumping Republicans."

Forum List

Back