The best thing libertarians can do right now is support Republicans

Government has done nothing but screw up health care. And the worse they make it, the more the leftists want government to take more control over it. They aren't people that learn

Uh, buddy, most people on Medicare are pleased with it. So pleased, some of you inbreds don't even realize it's a government program.

Why do you want Trump in charge of your health insurance?
If I don’t have healthcare at all is that better?

"Have" healthcare? What do you mean?

Seriously though - you guys seem to go completely deaf and blind when I bring this up. But if you make health care a government concern. Every. Single. Fucking. Election. will be a fight to the death (maybe literally) over healthcare. Your health care will depend on your ability to control the government, and when you're not in control of government you'll be getting fucked. Is that really what you want?

Obamacare now is ridiculously expensive unless it's subsidized. And even then they can't afford to use it because of the massive co-pays.

That is the reality of free government shit

I don’t have kids and my two nephews go to really expensive private schools. The oldest is going to Michigan state university in the fall

Michigan State? OMG, they couldn't get into a real school? What a waste of money then on "really expensive private schools." Mighigan fucking State.

Buy hey, if they want to grow corn or stick their hand inside a cow, they are going to do all right there.

Go Blue!
Amen!

Know what Michigan and Michigan State students have in common? They were all accepted by Michigan State.
That’s true. Michigan is the better university. The smartest students go to Michigan but then when they graduate they go to work for MSU grads.
Nice try. Lame, but nice.
Plus the connections my nephew now has after going to Cranbrook. I think my brother is rich because he makes between $500k and a million. Some of the kids my nephew goes to school with are Richie rich.

You sure are obsessed with money. Last I heard you make less than I did 20 years ago

If you don't want to pay for your own healthcare, why should other people be forced to pay it for you?

Not really the issue. The issue is, "Do you want to pay for premiums for years and then let an Insurance company bean counter screw you when you get sick."

Been there. Done that. it's not fun.

No matter who runs it, government or Cigna, you are either having someone pay for your health coverage or you are paying for someone else's if you don't get sick that year.

Why do you want Trump in charge of your health insurance?

I don't. Trump will be gone by then.

Those are some industrial strength blinders you're wearing. You think there will never be another Trump? Of course there will, and with everyone voting LO2E, the next Trump will be even worse. And you to set them up with as much power over you as possible. Wow.

If you don't want to pay for your own healthcare, why should other people be forced to pay it for you?

Not really the issue. The issue is, "Do you want to pay for premiums for years and then let an Insurance company bean counter screw you when you get sick."

No matter who runs it, government or Cigna, you are either having someone pay for your health coverage or you are paying for someone else's if you don't get sick that year.

Everything you write is about wanting to stick your hand into someone else's pants and pull out their wallet to pay your bills.

Is there anything YOU are responsible for in your life?

Or you're paying for it yourself out-of-pocket...Something which cheapskate chumps like you never ever consider to be a reasonable course of action.

Those are some industrial strength blinders you're wearing. You think there will never be another Trump?

yes, I think after he's gone, BOTH Parties are going to take action to make sure that shit never happens again.

Expect the GOP to introduce a Superdelegate rule like the Democrats have. Expect a lot of laws to be passed so that someone can't get nominated if they do the stuff Trump does....

"Have" healthcare? What do you mean?

Seriously though - you guys seem to go completely deaf and blind when I bring this up. But if you make health care a government concern. Every. Single. Fucking. Election. will be a fight to the death (maybe literally) over healthcare. Your health care will depend on your ability to control the government, and when you're not in control of government you'll be getting fucked. Is that really what you want?

Actually, it's up every time this time...

Only to the extent that government controls health care. Why do you want to maximize that?

Both parties would have a vested interest in making Medicare for All Work. It's why Medicare is referred to a "Third Rail" of politics, nobody dares to touch it.

Of course they do. Both parties have a vested interest in maximizing their power over you.

Those are some industrial strength blinders you're wearing. You think there will never be another Trump?

yes, I think after he's gone, BOTH Parties are going to take action to make sure that shit never happens again.

Expect the GOP to introduce a Superdelegate rule like the Democrats have. Expect a lot of laws to be passed so that someone can't get nominated if they do the stuff Trump does....

OIC - it's all good then.

You're a silly, naive person Joe.

XiSmile.jpg

Only to the extent that government controls health care. Why do you want to maximize that?

Because I don't sit at home wetting myself thinking the government is out to get me like you do.

You only have four and a half years to go!

Nope, he's gone in November, buddy. You don't have Great Depression 2, Riots and Plagues and people re-elect you... especially when they didn't want you to start with.

You don't like getting back the vitriol you so freely dish out. It's been at least 40 years, which is as long as I remember politics. Democrats have been foul mouthed name calling asses to anyone who disagrees with you.

Trump comes along and dishes it back and you moan and wail to high heaven. A reasonable person in your position would say wow, it sucks to be talked to that way. You should stop doing it. But no, the lesson you learn is you want to be sure Republicans never again pick a candidate who fights back

Everything you write is about wanting to stick your hand into someone else's pants and pull out their wallet to pay your bills.

Again, I worked very hard for that insurance, and it wasn't there when I needed it.

Time to try something else.
So you then you naively believe that federal bureaucrats will be there when you need them.

Whatta fuckin' rube! :auiqs.jpg:

Again, I worked very hard for that insurance, and it wasn't there when I needed it.

Obviously the lawyer you talked to told you that you were trying to get your insurance company to pay for something you weren't paying for coverage from. You picked the cheapest crap policy your employer offered and then wanted full top level coverage, didn't you? Be honest

So you then you naively believe that federal bureaucrats will be there when you need them.

Whatta fuckin' rube! :auiqs.jpg:

It is incredible, isn't it? We need competent, caring service, have the government do it!

Because I don't sit at home wetting myself thinking the government is out to get me like you do.

Joe, your fantasy libertarian doesn't exist. It's a boogeyman you've built up in your head. Kinda like the way Trumpsters see immigrants. Libertarians don't think "government" is out to get them. But, as you may have noticed, deplorables are real. And when they get their hands on government, I want them to have as little power over us as possible.

No, the Republican haven't done anything to merit support. I'm not even going to try. But:

Democrats are

- No longer just a lesser evil. They are actual evil. They have taken race whoring to epic proportions. Race relations have done nothing but go down and it's been a clear Democrat strategy to accomplish that to get blacks to the polls to vote blue. That while they ramp up the electronic lynching of any black who tries not to be a Democrat to send a message to the rest of the blacks what will happen to them if they do the same

- Pushing the green new deal to get Marxism. The reality is we aren't technologically advanced enough yet to get off fossil fuels. Yet they want to spend trillions. And it's just a shallow marketing cover for Marxism. They are seriously pushing things like minimum income as "green"

- Turning our inner cities into violent turf. You can't even walk the streets anymore. Note too how even though there are NO Republicans involved in these inner city issues, Democrats try to use their own failures to draw votes

- Are just pushing endless Marxism, and for real. Not like the old days where they just ran as Marxists. They want single payer and government control over energy, financial services just to start

That while the Libertarian Party is now just a gag party

- Bob Barr, Gary Johnson and Gary Johnson? Three candidates in a row that weren't even libertarian

- Finally in 2020, we got Jo Jorgensen who is at least libertarian, but the Libertarian Party again had to prove it's just a gag party by picking Spike Cohen, the anarchist running mate of Vermin, a performance artist who wears a shoe as a hat and isn't even libertarian. The party can't be taken seriously at this point

I argued since circa 1990 thirty years ago that it really didn't matter if you didn't listen to the words and just looked at what they actually did. Now it matters. Not because the Republican have gotten any better, they haven't. But the Democrats have gone off the deep end. No more sticking our heads in the sand and pretending the parties are the same, they are not. And Democrats are to a point like despots and dictators that the have to be stopped.

Frankly if you can't vote Republican, at least vote for another third party until the Libertarian Party pulls its head out of its ass. Gone were the days of Harry Browne where we could vote for an actual libertarian. Badnarik wasn't bad either. But since then, it's sad
Libertarians are just republicans who are embarrassed to admit it anyway.

/Thread.

Forum List

Back