The Best News Father Can Get.

NGSamson

Jul 27, 2011
South Texas.
My oldest Son dropped out of school two years ago. The reason he gave was so he could take care if his girlfriend. I accused him of being a crack head and it was just ugly and we both said things that we regretted. Well today he asked me out to lunch. While we got caught up I asked how far along his girl was. He proceeded to tell me that he went to the community collage, got a diploma, not a GED but an honest to goodness diploma. He also told me that he enlisted in the Navy, and that he will be getting married after boot camp. And no, his girl is not pregnant. I did have to eat some crow, but I enjoyed it, and I am happy that he will be leaving that dead end shit hole.

We are going to move his girl in with us so she can save money while she does community collage. Poor kid wants to be a Sea Bee like I was. I tried to convince him he could do better but what can you do ?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
My oldest Son dropped out of school two years ago. The reason he gave was so he could take care if his girlfriend. I accused him of being a crack head and it was just ugly and we both said things that we regretted. Well today he asked me out to lunch. While we got caught up I asked how far along his girl was. He proceeded to tell me that he went to the community collage, got a diploma, not a GED but an honest to goodness diploma. He also told me that he enlisted in the Navy, and that he will be getting married after boot camp. And no, his girl is not pregnant. I did have to eat some crow, but I enjoyed it, and I am happy that he will be leaving that dead end shit hole.

Where did he work... pm me.

Immie

We are going to move his girl in with us so she can save money while she does community collage. Poor kid wants to be a Sea Bee like I was. I tried to convince him he could do better but what can you do ?

The Sea Bee's he'll end up with some very marketable skills after his service.

Oh My Lord, please forgive my rudeness! :redface:

Yes, thank your son for his service and you are right that is great news. I'm happy that the two of you are able to reconcile your differences.

Now, please PM me his place of previous employment and the email address of the person who is responsible to hire his replacement. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

That is great news! Sometimes kids just need to learn things 'on their own.' It sounds like he has a good head on his shoulder and has a direction in life. And he loves his girlfriend, who may be your daughter in law someday, and the mother of your grandchildren!

Keep us posted!

Forum List

Back