The best cat in the world

I just put down my beloved cat Kiki and im in terrible agony. Words cant describe how much i loved her. Im sobbing as i write this.

She was one of my best friends ever. She followed me everywhere i went at home. If i took a shower, she would be in the bathroom with me. If i went for a smoke on the deck, she would faithfully stick by my side. When she was inflicted with diabetes, she was the best patient ever. When her insulin alarm would go off every 12 hours, she would immediately head to the kitchen and wait for her shot.

She was simply the best and I will miss her forever.

Ours died this past winter. He had a great life after he picked us out to move in on and we took him in. He was feral before moving in on us. He started by accompanying my wife when she took our dog for his daily afternoon walk.
Two previous cats of ours lasted into their early 20s. They picked us out too.

Honestly, whenever we have to put down one of our pets, I end up crying like a baby. We're big on rescues. At the moment we have 3 dogs and 7 cats. Every one of them is precious to us.

I just put down my beloved cat Kiki and im in terrible agony. Words cant describe how much i loved her. Im sobbing as i write this.

She was one of my best friends ever. She followed me everywhere i went at home. If i took a shower, she would be in the bathroom with me. If i went for a smoke on the deck, she would faithfully stick by my side. When she was inflicted with diabetes, she was the best patient ever. When her insulin alarm would go off every 12 hours, she would immediately head to the kitchen and wait for her shot.

Sorry for your loss.

I had to put down my cat Gizmo last June due to some health issues. He was almost 18 years old. Raised him since he was 8 weeks old. I still miss that old boy and will continue to remember him always.

So I can relate, it sucks losing a pet who is a best friend.

So sorry to hear of your loss. I had to have a beloved cat of mine put down almost 10 years ago. I still think about him on occasion. He, Pepe, was my best friend and always wanted to be with me. When he passed I was devastated. I couldn't function normally for about two weeks. I read a couple books about how to deal with losing a pet. These helped. It may really hurt now, but you'll always have nice memories of your beloved Kiki and time will heal your heart.

People who dont have cats dont know how they bond with their owners

I have a cat that, when he's gone, I will miss more than most people

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. It always hurts to lose those who have loved us. While I've always had pets, and cared for them all; I've always had a certain affinity for cats. Their stoic aplomb, their devil-may-care indifference, their malleability that allows them to adapt, and fill any niche like water can fill any vessel... Maintaining a serene, majestic beauty that comprises nature's perfect killer, all bundled up, in a lovingly independent loyalty... I too love cats. I'm sorry for your loss.

Coming out of lurkdom to express my heartfelt condolences. I’ve had some really special cats over the years. I alway say, if you don’t like cats, you never had a cat. I hope by now you are feeling better and I hope you find it in you heart to get another, in KiKi’s honor.

Understand fully, had to put down our CK yesterday Many a tear was shed as we held him gently as the vet administered a strong sedative before he administered the fatal shot ...felt him go as we do with all our fur babies when the time has come. he had a huge tumor in his mouth, found him full of blood.....a rescue, as all our cats are. He had 12 years in house, and would always be first to the table at feeding time....a truly gentle soul.... can still see him waiting ....will always be a whole in our hearts for these FUR BABIES!

Understand fully, had to put down our CK yesterday Many a tear was shed as we held him gently as the vet administered a strong sedative before he administered the fatal shot ...felt him go as we do with all our fur babies when the time has come. he had a huge tumor in his mouth, found him full of blood.....a rescue, as all our cats are. He had 12 years in house, and would always be first to the table at feeding time....a truly gentle soul.... can still see him waiting ....will always be a whole in our hearts for these FUR BABIES!
Sorry to hear of YOUR loss. Pets really ARE a blessing. They comfort you when you're feeling down and are there to keep you company if you're feeling lonely. You'll have nice memories of your beloved CK and time will help heal your heart.

New Topics

Forum List

Back