The beginning of the end of Facebook

Mr.Blonde

Gold Member
Feb 12, 2017
Here is an interesting article and I agree with it all, but I think he missed something:

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/wall-street-finally-taught-zuckerberg-the-lesson-he-deserved/

What I think he missed was Zuckerberg I don't think he understood was what made his product valuable.

The most valuable target for advertisers is the 15 to 35 year old market (might be even be 25). Zuckerberg tried to get everyone. It would be like if MTV tried to keep their original viewers while also trying to get new viewers. MTV knows that eventually their audience will stop watching, but that is ok because they are always going to get new viewers. Your parents aren't cool. If your parents are on Facebook/watching MTV the target people aren't going to want to be around.

Sadly, Face will rebound as the mindless cellbots continue their parading around never looking at the world around them.

Sadly, Face will rebound as the mindless cellbots continue their parading around never looking at the world around them.

It will rebound but not fully. There is a Silicon Valley investors who are seeing possible writing on the wall and is trying to find the next social media site.

When that happens Facebook will be done almost overnight.

It is not even so much the site, but a different algorithm with a wider selection of friends and less interference with content. Growth is slowing, so the other question is, how many ads can you add without losing too many posters?

Maybe "CENSORBOOK" will just change name & server farm location and hire more mods like ShitSlinger, LL, CC?

Google also worked to elect the Beast using search algorithms to prop her up. But no harm yet, they have that SEARCH engine to keep them going no matter what wrongs they commit.

There maybe less fake news than Trump thinks there is, but if most news sources are liberal, Google, Twitter and FB are left leaning, then there is definitely cause for concern.

Today I heard on the news about a story in the Wall Street Journal that Facebook is asking the large banks to share account information with Facebook (checking & savings balances, Loan amounts, etc.). This is supposedly to "enhance" the Facebook experience for users. What's next?

Today I heard on the news about a story in the Wall Street Journal that Facebook is asking the large banks to share account information with Facebook (checking & savings balances, Loan amounts, etc.). This is supposedly to "enhance" the Facebook experience for users. What's next?

The Black Mirror episode "Shut up and Dance".

This is scary Mark Zuckerberg already has so much of your data already anymore he will have all your data and one server breach someone has everything.

One day there will be a breach and you will have a bigger situation than when it happened to married people dating site.

Facebook ....sold his soul to China,

it makes us vomit

4l0rPSV.jpg

Trump's first national economic advisor, believes social media companies like Facebook are a larger societal danger than were banks before the financial crisis, due to their dissemination of misinformation.

“In ’08 Facebook was one of those companies that was a big platform to criticize banks, they were very out front of criticizing banks for not being responsible citizens. I think banks were more responsible citizens in ’08 than some of the social media companies are today. And it affects everyone in the world. The banks have never had that much pull.”
— Gary Cohn to Bloomberg

Gary Cohn calls Facebook worse than pre-crisis big banks

Forum List

Back