The Batman Drives a Split-Window Sting Ray Corvette!

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
63vette.jpg

The next Batman’s daily driver will be a classic 1963 Corvette Sting Ray split-window coupe. Naturally, it’s painted black.

Last edited:
The split window is awesome, but I always thought the side pipes detracted from the Corvette's lines.

Beautiful car, but you can't see shit behind the line across the drivers seat. It's literally scary to try to backup in a crowded area

Oh, wait. lol. From the listing...

''The owner has informed us that this 1963 Corvette Z06 Split-WIndow Z06 HAS BEEN STOLEN from the owner's garage in Cypress, Texas.''

I tell ya. Can't have anything anymore...

Oh, wait. lol. From the listing...

''The owner has informed us that this 1963 Corvette Z06 Split-WIndow Z06 HAS BEEN STOLEN from the owner's garage in Cypress, Texas.''

I tell ya. Can't have anything anymore...

I guess it's by coincidence, but I was watching a You Tube video today which featured a former jewel thief. He was reviewing "heist" scenes from different movies and rating them for believability, accuracy, etc.

One thing he said is that, when you can, steal cash. "Cash", he said, "is king." Why? Because you don't need to try to get rid of it. You don't need a fence. He spoke of stealing cash and diamonds, which were his two primary commodities. Steal a Picasso and, yeah, you've stolen a valuable Picasso, but it would be impossible to sell.

There were only about 10,500 split window coupes built. That might sound like a lot, but that's how many there were in 1963, not 2020. It's believed that only about . If it had air conditioning, only 278 of those were built. Something like that would be almost impossible to get rid of without raising a shitload of red flags...

I guess it's by coincidence, but I was watching a You Tube video today which featured a former jewel thief. He was reviewing "heist" scenes from different movies and rating them for believability, accuracy, etc.

One thing he said is that, when you can, steal cash. "Cash", he said, "is king." Why? Because you don't need to try to get rid of it. You don't need a fence. He spoke of stealing cash and diamonds, which were his two primary commodities. Steal a Picasso and, yeah, you've stolen a valuable Picasso, but it would be impossible to sell.

There were only about 10,500 split window coupes built. That might sound like a lot, but that's how many there were in 1963, not 2020. It's believed that only about . If it had air conditioning, only 278 of those were built. Something like that would be almost impossible to get rid of without raising a shitload of red flags...

For 2003, Chevrolet sold 12,812 coupes starting at a price of $43,255, a total of 14,022 convertibles starting at $49,700, and 8,635 Z06 coupes starting at $50,485. All total, 2003 produced total sales of 36,026 Corvettes, which was still an improvement over the 2002 model year, though only by 88 units.Feb 28, 2017

I have one, Z06 anniversary. Only 1200 made in my color, "electron blue" 8635 total. But split window 63 is awesome for sure!

ZTyI5LM.jpg

The Quickest Corvette Yet.

Zero-to-60 times are under four seconds. Lateral acceleration has been measured at an astonishing 1 g. Top Speed has exceeded 170 mph on a test rack. No wonder enthusiasts can’t get enough of this radical Corvette. Z06 is the quickest, most agile production Corvette ever. At the heart of it: a 405-hp LS6 V8. The Z06 also includes a high performance six-speed manual transmission, special suspension with Active Handling and Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. Yes, Z06 is one intense automobile.

I'm a Ford guy- :doubt:

Funny story about Corvettes- my ex bummed a ride from a co-worker once when her car was in the shop (for what I don't remember but it must have been a warranty thing since fixing stuff was an area of expertise I excelled at)- anyway, her friend had a vette- this would be late 70's IMS- anyway, when she got home I asked if we were going to have to buy a vette. Her reply, and I quote: I wouldn't have one of those hard to get in and out of, low riding, rattling things! :auiqs.jpg:.................woo-hoo! Saved!

Her husband now, bought her one of those new style Thunderbirds several years ago- she loves it :oops:
Both my sons are Ford guys- both drive F250 4wd- the oldest is a Mustang guy- he's had so many I can't remember all of them. Currently he has a 2017 GT he bought in 2018 with 5000 miles on it- he just had to replace the rear tires a couple weeks ago- I told his wife she needs to keep her foot out of it- she looked at me and with all the seriousness she could muster she replied; that's no fun- :mm:

There was a man from Lafayette,
Who drove around in his Corvette, There was room for his ass, And a gallon of gas,
So he hung out his balls...to his regret.

a150d9c281e585a25420046b0aa71bba.jpg

I had a red 1983 Corvette. Decided to splurge when I was young. There wasn't one in 1983 as the model came out in 1984. One of the cool things about it was the flip out headlamps. It had fantastic handling as it felt it was on rails when you drove it. It had firm suspension which you had to get used to. You could drive it hard from stop as rear traction was great and the large wide chassis aided in the cornering. It had great acceleration to get up to 140 mph and gigantic brakes to stop it. It was sleek and had one of the best aerodynamics for its time. This was a road car that you could take to the strip, as well.

I drove it to LA on my first long distance trip on I-5 S and it wasn't long before a CHPs pulled along side me. No other cars around. I slowed down a bit and thought he was going to pull me over, but he had me roll down the windows and he yelled for me to let it out. He said he won't give me a ticket. Thus, I punched it to around 130+ and pulled away until I couldn't see him anymore. Later, I saw him again and he waved. The only big complaint I had was the paint job when it got older would oxidize poorly and fade and get splotches. Yet, it was supposed to be the best paint for a car during its time.

Instead of paying $685K, how about looking for these? You can still get these now. I'm 60, so these are more my speed haha. You can drive them hard if the condition is still good.

For 2003, Chevrolet sold 12,812 coupes starting at a price of $43,255, a total of 14,022 convertibles starting at $49,700, and 8,635 Z06 coupes starting at $50,485. All total, 2003 produced total sales of 36,026 Corvettes, which was still an improvement over the 2002 model year, though only by 88 units.Feb 28, 2017

I have one, Z06 anniversary. Only 1200 made in my color, "electron blue" 8635 total. But split window 63 is awesome for sure!

ZTyI5LM.jpg

The Quickest Corvette Yet.

Zero-to-60 times are under four seconds. Lateral acceleration has been measured at an astonishing 1 g. Top Speed has exceeded 170 mph on a test rack. No wonder enthusiasts can’t get enough of this radical Corvette. Z06 is the quickest, most agile production Corvette ever. At the heart of it: a 405-hp LS6 V8. The Z06 also includes a high performance six-speed manual transmission, special suspension with Active Handling and Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. Yes, Z06 is one intense automobile.

Yeah, can't much argue against the Z06. There's been some prototype Z06 C8s spotted around, apparently. Those oughtta be a hoot.

Did you see where they're ditching the Grand Sport and replacing it with the E-Ray Hybrid? Blech.

Last edited:
Yeah, can't much argue against the Z06. There's been some prototype Z06 C8s spotted around, apparently. Those oughtta be a hoot.

Did you see where they're ditching the Grand Sport and replacing it with the E-Ray Hybrid? Blech.

E-ray, mid engines, hmmmm. It was very close that there never would be a C5. They may lose it.

Forum List

Back