The Art o the Dems: Lying about lying about the lies...

Yes. I understand that. And that sentiment --- about aligning with so-called "conservative values" --- was held as ridiculous by the two sources I quoted ..... his son and his colleague.

But they are flaming liberals so what do you expect? And all I read from them was, he wasn't a Republican... which I already knew because he was an independent.

One thing we must remember here. In the 1960s, there were a lot of conservative democrats and liberal republicans. All of that changed after his death so it's difficult to say how he would have aligned himself today. I don't think he would have supported what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are doing. He would have condemned what happened in Baltimore and Charleston. He would not be leading this anti-law enforcement movement or praying to Poop Swastika.

And it is a documented fact that he was pro life.

spot the disconnect ...

She didn't say MLK was a Republican or voted for a Republican and neither did I.

Yes, she retracted that he was a registered republican. ML King Sr. (her grandfather) was a registered republican and she assumed her uncle was as well, but he was an independent.

How did she retract a statement you said she didn't make???

Again, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You're making shit up as you go along and then have to alter your position only after researching what you should have known before posting.

Do you not comprehend time? Some time back, she made the statement he was a republican. She retracted that statement. At a later time, in another interview, she said he would align with conservative republicans on the issues. In that later interview, she did not say he was a Republican.
Putz... I'm not the one saying she didn't claim MLK Jr. was a Republican before saying she did claim MLK Jr. was a Republican.

The deranged idiot who said that was ..... are ya sitting down .... ? YOU. :mm:

spot the disconnect ...

She didn't say MLK was a Republican or voted for a Republican and neither did I.

Yes, she retracted that he was a registered republican. ML King Sr. (her grandfather) was a registered republican and she assumed her uncle was as well, but he was an independent.

Again, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You're making shit up as you go along and then have to alter your position only after researching what you should have known before posting.

Do you not comprehend time? Some time back, she made the statement he was a republican. She retracted that statement. At a later time, in another interview, she said he would align with conservative republicans on the issues. In that later interview, she did not say he was a Republican.
Putz... I'm not the one saying she didn't claim MLK Jr. was a Republican before saying she did claim MLK Jr. was a Republican.

You're confusing yourself, Fawny! I made the statement that she said her uncle would align with conservative republicans. She had previously stated he was a republican but recanted that statement. MLK was, in fact, an independent. I don't know where you get that I am contradicting myself. I've never argued that King was a Republican. Alveda made that statement once and recanted it.

Yes. I understand that. And that sentiment --- about aligning with so-called "conservative values" --- was held as ridiculous by the two sources I quoted ..... his son and his colleague.

But they are flaming liberals so what do you expect? And all I read from them was, he wasn't a Republican... which I already knew because he was an independent.

One thing we must remember here. In the 1960s, there were a lot of conservative democrats and liberal republicans. All of that changed after his death so it's difficult to say how he would have aligned himself today. I don't think he would have supported what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are doing. He would have condemned what happened in Baltimore and Charleston. He would not be leading this anti-law enforcement movement or praying to Poop Swastika.

What documented fact?

spot the disconnect ...

You're confusing yourself, Fawny! I made the statement that she said her uncle would align with conservative republicans. She had previously stated he was a republican but recanted that statement. MLK was, in fact, an independent. I don't know where you get that I am contradicting myself. I've never argued that King was a Republican. Alveda made that statement once and recanted it.
You're fucking deranged.

First you said she didn't claim her uncle was a Republican.

Then you said she did claim her uncle was a Republican.

This comes after you saying it was MLK's daughter making these claims before being educated it was his niece, not his daughter.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. It's beyond obvious to everyone reading this even.

But they are flaming liberals so what do you expect?

Poisoning the Well fallacy fails.
You're saying "if the source agrees with me, run with it, if it doesn't.... :lalala: "

Poster please.

To the extent that any of that is realistic reflection of the world ... do you believe everything media tells you?

BFD. Aren't we all.

spot the disconnect ...

I comprehend that you said she didn't say he was a Republican.

That's what YOU said until I corrected you. You said, "she didn't say MLK was a Republican"

spot the disconnect ...

You're fucking deranged.

This comes after you saying it was MLK's daughter making these claims before being educated it was his niece, not his daughter.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. It's beyond obvious to everyone reading this even.

I haven't read the entire exchange but he seems to be telling me that King "would have aligned with conservative values", whatever that might mean. Then when I presented people who knew him dismissing that as absurd, he went "uhhh... they're 'flaming liberals', what do you expect?"

Which is hilarious on many fronts, one of which is that this country was founded by 'flaming Liberals'.

You're fucking deranged.

Two different times. Previously, Alveda made the statement he was a Republican and then recanted. At a later time, she said he would align with conservative republicans and not that he was a republican. So you are taking a pre-recanted statement and attempting to un-recant it so that you can use that to make her later statement a contradiction. And then somehow blaming me for the contradiction. :dunno:

You people work really, really hard at telling whoppers, don't you?

spot the disconnect ...

You're fucking deranged.

I haven't read the entire exchange but he seems to be telling me that King "would have aligned with conservative values", whatever that might mean. Then when I presented people who knew him dismissing that as absurd, he went "uhhh... they're 'flaming liberals', what do you expect?"

Which is hilarious on many fronts, one of which is that this country was founded by 'flaming Liberals'.

No one from the 60s would have aligned with today's kooky liberals except maybe Abbie Hoffman and that weirdo who was tripping on acid all the time. Hell, most of the Tea Party would have supported JFK!

You didn't present anyone who thought it was "absurd" that King was an independent or a conservative. They said it was absurd that he was a registered Republican, but that wasn't the claim... a registered Republican does not equal a modern conservative republican.

spot the disconnect ...

You're fucking deranged.

You have to understand, he has no idea what he's talking about. He's making up his position as he goes along and readjusts his claims as they get corrected. He was running under the impression that MLK's own daughter was making these claims until you educated him it was his niece. He thought Alveda King didn't claim her uncle was a Republican until I educated him that she in fact had once made such a claim

He can't defend his position.
He has no idea what he's talking about.
That doesn't slow him down.

You're fucking deranged.

You have to understand, he has no idea what he's talking about. He's making up his position as he goes along and readjusts his claims as they get corrected. He was running under the impression that MLK's own daughter was making these claims until you educated him it was his niece. He thought Alveda King didn't claim her uncle was a Republican until I educated him that she in fact had once made such a claim

Clearly, I've not made up anything. I came in on the tail end of an argument someone was having with another over King being a Republican. I never said he was a Republican, I never said he voted Republican or supported a Republican candidate. All I said was that I heard his niece say that he would have aligned with conservative republicans on the issues of the day. From there, this has morphed into a stupid argument over things she previously said and recanted and all kinds of other silly shit you want to drag into it. But that's exactly what you people do and ironically, exactly what the thread topic is about.

No one from the 60s would have aligned with today's kooky liberals except maybe Abbie Hoffman and that weirdo who was tripping on acid all the time. Hell, most of the Tea Party would have supported JFK!

Oh no I doubt that very much. The TP was an astroturf pseudomovement formed to oppose the Black Guy. It wouldn't even have relevance to JFK. Without O'bama, or some other black POTUS, it wouldn't have even been manufactured. There would be no need as long as a white guy was in office.

You didn't present anyone who thought it was "absurd" that King was an independent or a conservative. They said it was absurd that he was a registered Republican, but that wasn't the claim... a registered Republican does not equal a modern conservative republican.

They didn't use the word "absurd" per se --- I did. But they certainly dismissed the idea that MLK would align with modern Republicans. Now, the point that "conservative" does not necessarily equal "Republican" is well taken, but you never did define what you mean by "conservative values" --- which as my prior post alluded to, changed markedly in the years after his death. So without a definition, you kind of have no point.

You're fucking deranged.

Two different times. Previously, Alveda made the statement he was a Republican and then recanted. At a later time, she said he would align with conservative republicans and not that he was a republican. So you are taking a pre-recanted statement and attempting to un-recant it so that you can use that to make her later statement a contradiction. And then somehow blaming me for the contradiction. :dunno:

You people work really, really hard at telling whoppers, don't you?
You said she claimed he didn't say he was a Republican. You threw that out there twice; neither time pointing out anything she said at any other time.

Only after I corrected you did you change your position and admit she did in fact claim her uncle was a Republican.

You're fucking deranged.

Clearly, I've not made up anything. I came in on the tail end of an argument someone was having with another over King being a Republican. I never said he was a Republican, I never said he voted Republican or supported a Republican candidate. All I said was that I heard his niece say that he would have aligned with conservative republicans on the issues of the day. From there, this has morphed into a stupid argument over things she previously said and recanted and all kinds of other silly shit you want to drag into it. But that's exactly what you people do and ironically, exactly what the thread topic is about.
Your posts belie your claims you know what you're talking about.

And still waiting for your "documented fact" MLK was pro-life.....

Forum List

Back