The Arctic Ocean has been warming since the beginning of the 20th century

"The seafloor sediment cores provided researchers with geochemical and ecological data stretching back 800 years.

For most of those 800 years, researchers noted the Arctic Ocean's temperature and salinity were relatively stable. But the geochemical signatures began to shift around the beginning of the 20th century, revealing a significant uptick in temperature and salinity."

The industrial revolution started around 1760. By 1900 there was a significant uptick in both atmospheric CO2 and CH4. Since nothing had happened in the previous 700 years, only after there was the increase in GHGs, I would say that is further proof of AGW, and an indication that the planets sensitivity to GHGs is more than previously thought.
Post hoc ergo manmade global climate warming change

Another dumb fuck that cannot grasp reality. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University has policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. It is Trumpanzees like you that are lying for political reasons.
I used to worry about manmade global climate warming change until Obama bought an ocean front mansion

CO2 had increased from 280 ppm to 296 ppm, CH4 from 740 ppb to 880 ppb from pre-industrial to 1900.
150A628E-162F-4B5A-A9FD-609137DA9723.jpeg

They’re going to lose their funding if they don’t get in line.
The Arctic Ocean has been warming since the beginning of the 20th century, fueled by a process known as Atlantification, according to a study published Wednesday in the journal Science Advances.

The new research highlights the connection between the North Atlantic and Arctic between Greenland and Svalbard, a region known was Fram Strait, where warmer, saltier water from the south has been steadily infiltrating northern waters.
It makes perfect sense.... the higher the concentration of salt in the water the lower it's freezing temperature ergo the less ice it will render. Hopefully the authors of the research paper have hired a military grade bodyguard company. I fully expect to see headlines bemoaning the untimely death of several high-level officials related to that agency.

I'm simply appalled at all of you ... how could you, collectively, not notice the complete and udder lack of a scientific paper ... you just trusted UPI to faithfully repeat what some paper somewhere might have said may happen ... and only if all 50 assumptions we're making are true ... or maybe Miss Hays is making this up as she goes along ...

Easy enough to find the journal Science Advances ... maybe 100 papers posted here in just November ... obviously a thesis mill, peer-reviewed by Bubba ... I'm not going to look through October's issues ... anyone who is emotionally tied to this discussion maybe should find the paper in question and post a link here ...

[crossthreading]
[hijack]
[spam]

I thought this was more interesting:

"Regional Impacts of COVID-19 on Carbon Dioxide Detected Worldwide from Space" --- Weir et al --- Science Advances (Nov 2021) ...

[/spam]
[/hijack]
[/crossthreading]

I broke a couple rules, so sue me ...

No, it has not. We reached the maximum for this interglacial about 6
000 years ago, and have been slowly cooling ever since.

View attachment 568792
Did you look at some of the other graphs on that link? Did you notice is was considerably warmer during previous interglacial cycles? If it's as you say we peaked in temperature and were slowly falling, why is it that the previous interglacial cycles were considerably warmer with less atmospheric CO2?

1638232632664.png

Did you look at some of the other graphs on that link? Did you notice is was considerably warmer during previous interglacial cycles? If it's as you say we peaked in temperature and were slowly falling, why is it that the previous interglacial cycles were considerably warmer with less atmospheric CO2?

View attachment 569841

I think this better describes the process options in our current path:

<iframe src="Cat Distort GIF by Psyklon - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

That pretty much blows a hole in the entire man-made climate change theory. Are we then to believe climate change was spurred by the Civil War? Steam locomotives? This new fact makes the Earth so reactionary that Earth never could have settled down long enough for advanced life to ever form if every little thing sent it reeling off to disaster.
Man made climate change is spurred on by the hot air coming out of climate alarmists.

I'm simply appalled at all of you ... how could you, collectively, not notice the complete and udder lack of a scientific paper ... you just trusted UPI to faithfully repeat what some paper somewhere might have said may happen ... and only if all 50 assumptions we're making are true ... or maybe Miss Hays is making this up as she goes along ...

Easy enough to find the journal Science Advances ... maybe 100 papers posted here in just November ... obviously a thesis mill, peer-reviewed by Bubba ... I'm not going to look through October's issues ... anyone who is emotionally tied to this discussion maybe should find the paper in question and post a link here ...

[crossthreading]
[hijack]
[spam]

I thought this was more interesting:

"Regional Impacts of COVID-19 on Carbon Dioxide Detected Worldwide from Space" --- Weir et al --- Science Advances (Nov 2021) ...

[/spam]
[/hijack]
[/crossthreading]

I broke a couple rules, so sue me ...
Don't tell Frankie boi

Did you notice that the sea level was 20 feet higher then than now?
Yes, which is consistent with it being 2C warmer than now...

...at a lower atmospheric CO2 concentration.

How do you explain that?

It was 2C hotter than now with a lower CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.

Yes, which is consistent with it being 2C warmer than now...

...at a lower atmospheric CO2 concentration.

How do you explain that?

It was 2C hotter than now with a lower CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.
Because, silly ass, the concentration of CO2 was not lower then. It was at 300 ppm, about 20 ppm higher than ours was at the beginning of the industrial revolution. And now we are at 415 ppm. But there is a vast inertia in the system that is called oceans. But they are heating rapidly, far more rapidly than they have in previous extinction events.

Because, silly ass, the concentration of CO2 was not lower then. It was at 300 ppm, about 20 ppm higher than ours was at the beginning of the industrial revolution. And now we are at 415 ppm. But there is a vast inertia in the system that is called oceans. But they are heating rapidly, far more rapidly than they have in previous extinction events.

Dumb ass, the peak temperature of previous interglacials was 2C hotter than it is today. The peak CO2 concentration of previous interglacials was 120 ppm lower than it is today. How could it have been 2C hotter with 120 ppm less of CO2.

Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

Forum List

Back