The Arctic Ocean has been warming since the beginning of the 20th century

Because, silly ass, the concentration of CO2 was not lower then. It was at 300 ppm, about 20 ppm higher than ours was at the beginning of the industrial revolution. And now we are at 415 ppm. But there is a vast inertia in the system that is called oceans. But they are heating rapidly, far more rapidly than they have in previous extinction events.

Careful ... `inertia` is a three syllable word ... and you're using it wrong ... you should learn what these complex and sciency words mean before you throw them around ... or you'll be looking the silly jackass yourself ... the correct term here is `stupid motherfucker` ...

Wait ... brain fart ...

The correct term here is `heat capacity` ... how much energy it takes to raise a gram of material one degree Centigrade (or one kelvin) ... the oceans' heat capacity is four times that of the atmosphere ... however rapidly you think these temperatures are going up ... it's still a much much slower process than heating the atmosphere ... and at 1.8 W/m^2 today, and the expected 4.5 W/m^2 of climate forcing in 100 years, ha ha, it's going to take a very long time to heat the oceans ... I'd tell you to do the math but we both know you're unlearned in this simple arithmetic ...you'll need to go back and finish Middle School ...

Carbon dioxide looks to be being absorbed by the oceans and converted into biology ... over half human CO2 output disappears within the year it's emitted ... as we sift through the ocean waters, pulling out all the lifeforms larger than a mouse, we'll leave behind a better environment for phytoplankton ... the Greening of the Earth ... but again we'll need Middle School arithmetic to show these facts, maybe find a friend who can explain it to you ...

So if people are the cause of global warming, how about we eliminate 4 or 5 billion. Let's just leave North America.

Because, silly ass, the concentration of CO2 was not lower then. It was at 300 ppm, about 20 ppm higher than ours was at the beginning of the industrial revolution. And now we are at 415 ppm. But there is a vast inertia in the system that is called oceans. But they are heating rapidly, far more rapidly than they have in previous extinction events.
Why isn't our present temperatures hotter than previous interglacial temperatures if our atmospheric CO2 is 120 ppm more than previous interglacials?

aha.gif

So if people are the cause of global warming, how about we eliminate 4 or 5 billion. Let's just leave North America.

Just eliminating 90% of the men-folk is 3-1/2 billion ... hell of a start ... not just the extra resources, but women will be in charge ... win/win for everybody ... and since this is MY idea, I'm one of the lucky ones who get 10 wives ...

Just eliminating 90% of the men-folk is 3-1/2 billion ... hell of a start ... not just the extra resources, but women will be in charge ... win/win for everybody ... and since this is MY idea, I'm one of the lucky ones who get 10 wives ...
I wouldn't say having 10 wives is lucky.

New Topics

Forum List

Back