The Apology Tour Lie

obama went around the world apologizing and bowing and scraping.

obama has worn out his welcome.

When I was overseas the Armed Forces Network would run these stupid PSA's about how to act while overseas and when interacting with another country's culture. One of the spots showed this couple going to an off base restaurant somewhere in Asia and as they're being greeted the guy does this really stupid, clowning, ridiculous bow. His wife is embarrassed and the waiter turns and shakes his head while he leads them to their seats.

That's exactly how Obama looks when he bows.

Was never welcomed by me. I knew he was full of shit when he was debating Hillary.
Find the apology, wingnut.

I didnt mention the apology. I was responding to Katz. And wingnut??
Yes, wingnut. If you believe Obama apologized for America just because Sean Hannity says it over and over, then you're a wingnut.

If you believe that Obama is a Communist/Marxist, even though not one banker has been prosecuted and the DOW has doubled under his leadership, then you're a wingnut.

How many more examples do you need?

Apology dressed in pretty political speak.

" I know that promises of partnership have gone unfulfilled in the past, and that trust has to be earned over time. While the United States has done much to promote peace and prosperity in the hemisphere, we have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms. But I pledge to you that we seek an equal partnership. There is no senior partner and junior partner in our relations; there is simply engagement based on mutual respect and common interests and shared values. So I'm here to launch a new chapter of engagement that will be sustained throughout my administration."

Obama to the world > $imagesCAOX9R3J.jpg

When I was overseas the Armed Forces Network would run these stupid PSA's about how to act while overseas and when interacting with another country's culture. One of the spots showed this couple going to an off base restaurant somewhere in Asia and as they're being greeted the guy does this really stupid, clowning, ridiculous bow. His wife is embarrassed and the waiter turns and shakes his head while he leads them to their seats.

That's exactly how Obama looks when he bows.
Obama bows to Romney's grandchild:

M0T2c.jpg

" I know that promises of partnership have gone unfulfilled in the past, and that trust has to be earned over time. While the United States has done much to promote peace and prosperity in the hemisphere, we have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms. But I pledge to you that we seek an equal partnership. There is no senior partner and junior partner in our relations; there is simply engagement based on mutual respect and common interests and shared values. So I'm here to launch a new chapter of engagement that will be sustained throughout my administration."

Obama to the world > View attachment 21987
Where's the apology?

Obama went around the world telling how bad this nation has been and promising that that we'll be better in the future.

If a Republican spoke like that, you would call "we've been so bad but we're going to change" an apology. Edit: actually, I guess you might not, not in every case. If a Republican had spoken like that about something you believed he needed to apologize for, you probably would in fact never call that an apology. You would probably say, "he never said 'sorry' or 'apologize' so it doesn't count."

These disingenuous semantic games are doing a number on us. Partisan cognitive dissonance is profound.

Last edited:
Obama went around the world telling how bad this nation has been and promising that that we'll be better in the future.

If a Republican spoke like that -- and if you didn't actually believe that America was hateful -- you would call "we've been so bad but we're going to change" an apology.

These disingenuous semantic games are doing a number on us. Partisan cognitive dissonance is profound.
Where's the apology?

Where's the apology?

I can't help the willfully stoopid partisan hacks of the world. Sorry, you'll have to figure this out yourself.

If a Republican spoke like that -- and if you didn't actually believe that America was hateful -- you would call "we've been so bad but we're going to change" an apology.

Where's the apology?

One example:

"Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

So let me say this as clearly as I can: America is changing, but it cannot be America alone that changes."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-President-Obama-at-Strasbourg-Town-Hall/

Translation: We've been bad. But if you'll give us another chance and work with us, we'll be better.

If a Republican had said something like that about an institution Democrats hold in high regard, that would be labelled an apology. But since it was a Democrat saying it about America, it wasn't an apology.

From your link, one example:

I know that promises of partnership have gone unfulfilled in the past, and that trust has to be earned over time. While the United States has done much to promote peace and prosperity in the hemisphere, we have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms. But I pledge to you that we seek an equal partnership.

Translation: We've been bad but if you'll give us another chance we'll try to be better.

Where's the apology?

I can't help the willfully stoopid partisan hacks of the world. Sorry, you'll have to figure this out yourself.
If you could find any apology in that speech you would have tripped over yourself posting it.

But you can't. Because there is no apology. It's just another lie you have bought and cheerfully regurgitate.

Where's the apology?

One example:

"Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

So let me say this as clearly as I can: America is changing, but it cannot be America alone that changes."

Remarks by President Obama at Strasbourg Town Hall | The White House

Translation: We've been bad. But if you'll give us another chance and work with us, we'll be better.

If a Republican had said something like that about an institution Democrats hold in high regard, that would be labelled an apology. But since it was a Democrat saying it about America, it wasn't an apology.
Not an apology. A statement of fact.

Forum List

Back