The American Right enters its Hippie phase

No not really - It dowsn't :cool-45:
Ha. Fat fingered.

Let me try again:

I don't know if the people spitting on vets returning from war where liberals.

Weather Underground was decidedly NOT liberal...by any stretch or contorted version of the term.

Why don't you tell me what you think a real liberal is?

Are you still calling yourself a liberal and maintain real liberal positions or have you accepted the identity and idiology the Marxists have been trying to give you for decades?

If you truly want to be a liberal and not an authoritarian stooge, then you are my ally.
Apparently you'll now project and claim that Trump isn't an authoritarian - It's his enemies!
Pee Wee concurs! :rolleyes:

i-know-you-are-but-what-am-i.jpg

Ha. Fat fingered.

Let me try again:

I don't know if the people spitting on vets returning from war where liberals.

Weather Underground was decidedly NOT liberal...by any stretch or contorted version of the term.

Why don't you tell me what you think a real liberal is?
A real liberal is one who doesn't try to overturn free and fair elections with violence
A real liberal doesn't believe that corporations are people
A real liberal knows that COVID is real and follows science and not conspiracy theories
A real liberal knows that todays Trumpublican Party is NOT "conservative"
A real liberal wants people to vote - Regardless of their politics
A real liberal thinks decent health care is a right
A real liberal knows that George Floyd was murdered and that BLM is hardly a terrorist. organization

For starters - Need more? :)

Apparently you'll now project and claim that Trump isn't an authoritarian - It's his enemies!

It's hard to say one way or another on Trump. His messages were often mixed, like most politicians.

I know that his opponents are HARDCORE authoritarians and slaves to the military/industrial complex.

We have two bullshit political parties who have apparently held secret meetings with each other and have decided how they will screw us all by giving us the illusion of a choice. The GOP selected some aspects of individual liberty to shit on (among other things), while the DEMS picked gun rights and property (among other things). They both kneel and suck the dongs of the military/industrial complex, so when you're talking about anti-war, neither fit the bill, but Trump didn't start any new wars and even tried to bring all our troops home from all overseas deployments. For all his faults, THAT's what the establishment duopoly REALLY hated about Trump.

:dunno:

This is so true. Remember radical lefties in the late 60s? This is pretty much today's Party of Trump. The roles have reversed. Brilliant piece from a very conservative writer and website. At least what we USED to consider conservatism.

Kevin Daniel Williamson (born September 18, 1972) is an American conservative political commentator. He is the roving correspondent for National Review.[2]

<snips>

As Democrats embrace authority and Republicans push countercultural revolution, we’re reenacting the 1960s with the roles reversed.
My hunch is that a great deal of what is presently going on with the Right — and it won’t do to pretend it is just a tiny fringe — is an echo of that 1960s counterculture. Republicans have evolved out of their Apollonian sensibility and adopted a Dionysian one just as Democrats have, by and large, made the opposite journey. Today among progressives, it’s “experts say” and “science says,” but not long ago it was, “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson,” in the words of Bernardine Dohrn, who went on to marry William Ayers and become a professor of law at Northwestern as well as a benefactor of Barack Obama.​
Democrats’ overall approach to politics right now is to associate their party and its members with high-status authority figures and to denounce Republicans as insufficiently reverent of these figures, and insufficiently deferential to them. The response of many Republicans has been to subject those authority figures and their institutions — and, in some ways, the idea of authority itself — to ridicule and scorn. They desire to be both outraged and outrageous, high on rage themselves and a source of rage and anxiety in others. Like those of the hippies and, later, the punks, this right-wing tendency is largely outward-focused rather than the expression of some intimate individual sensibility: If the hippies and the punks had been driven by some kind of anarchic individualism, they wouldn’t have all looked alike and listened to the same music. The point wasn’t originality or authenticity — it was to freak out the squares, to vex and offend the mainstream of society, the ’60s and ’70s version of “owning the libs.”​
The leftist radicals of the 1960s were willing to engage in genuinely self-destructive behavior as a sacrifice to the idols they had constructed for themselves. They held science, reason, the government, the business establishment, organized religion, and much else in disdain, along with such notions as compromise, moderation, and cooperation. The contemporary Right also hates the government, the business establishment, much of organized religion, compromise, etc., but instead of LSD and Transcendental Meditation it has hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, absurd mask politics, election trutherism, anti-vaccine activism, 1,001 conspiracy theories, and QAnon.​
It even has its own version of the Manson murders, the five dead after the January 6 sacking of the Capitol only one unborn child short of the six dead at Roman Polanski’s house — both episodes of violence meant as theater for public consumption. This is self-harm, but it is also communicative. It is ceremonial outrage directed at the foundations of respectability per se, a reaction to what many on the right — and here I include myself — experience as an ever-narrower corridor of thinkable thoughts and sayable sentences. In some cases, those who are on the outside looking in discover that they are better pleased to be on the outside looking out — but others prefer to smash the windows, or to perform obscenities in front of them to shock and disgust those seated comfortably inside.​
Obviously, this kind of histrionic, ecstatic, Dionysian politics is ultimately incompatible with conservatism properly understood, though it goes easily hand-in-hand with a particular kind of right-wing revolutionism. Hence the contemporary Right’s promises of revolution and of a Dionysian frenzy presaging a return to innocence, from Ron Paul’s “Revolution” to the Tea Party to “Make America Great Again,” which, as far as right-wing slogans go, at least has the good taste to be properly reactionary. Hence also the cultishness of Republican politics circa 2021: the fever-dream hysteria, the idolatry, the mad quackery and pseudoscientific enthusiasms, and — lest we forget — the violence. In 2000, the “Brooks Brothers Riot” was a joke — in 2021, the riot was for real, and some on the right are starting to get a taste for it.​
Where and how this ends, I do not know. But if there were such a thing as stock in cults, I’d be long on those and short on most of what we understood to be conservatism until the day before yesterday.​

Full:

the only problem is it was dems in charge in the 60s to. The hippies just grew up. The parties didn’t change.

A real liberal is one who doesn't try to overturn free and fair elections with violence
A real liberal knows that COVID is real and follows science and not conspiracy theories
A real liberal knows that George Floyd was murdered and that BLM is hardly a terrorist. organization

For starters - Need more? :)

Welp - that leaves you out! :21:

I agree.
I don't know what you mean there, but groups of people (corporations) can be protected, just like individuals.
But, does a real liberal want to force a bunch of mandates on everyone, including but not limited to forcing people to take a vax that lacks FDA approval and for which the manufacturer is shielded from liability for any side effects?
Oh, no argument there. The GOP as a whole is not "conservative" (which is another fucked up term that has lost it's meaning).
...wants people to vote...ONCE...and only those who are citizens and will be stuck here with the results of said vote.
But, a real liberal does not want to steal the property of others to pay for it.
A real liberal waits for the evidence before declaring anyone a murderer. A real liberal also knows that BLM is a corporation and on top of that, is not liberal itself, but another brand of authoritarianism. "Do what we want or we will force you to."

This is so true. Remember radical lefties in the late 60s? This is pretty much today's Party of Trump. The roles have reversed. Brilliant piece from a very conservative writer and website. At least what we USED to consider conservatism.

Kevin Daniel Williamson (born September 18, 1972) is an American conservative political commentator. He is the roving correspondent for National Review.[2]

<snips>

As Democrats embrace authority and Republicans push countercultural revolution, we’re reenacting the 1960s with the roles reversed.
My hunch is that a great deal of what is presently going on with the Right — and it won’t do to pretend it is just a tiny fringe — is an echo of that 1960s counterculture. Republicans have evolved out of their Apollonian sensibility and adopted a Dionysian one just as Democrats have, by and large, made the opposite journey. Today among progressives, it’s “experts say” and “science says,” but not long ago it was, “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson,” in the words of Bernardine Dohrn, who went on to marry William Ayers and become a professor of law at Northwestern as well as a benefactor of Barack Obama.​
Democrats’ overall approach to politics right now is to associate their party and its members with high-status authority figures and to denounce Republicans as insufficiently reverent of these figures, and insufficiently deferential to them. The response of many Republicans has been to subject those authority figures and their institutions — and, in some ways, the idea of authority itself — to ridicule and scorn. They desire to be both outraged and outrageous, high on rage themselves and a source of rage and anxiety in others. Like those of the hippies and, later, the punks, this right-wing tendency is largely outward-focused rather than the expression of some intimate individual sensibility: If the hippies and the punks had been driven by some kind of anarchic individualism, they wouldn’t have all looked alike and listened to the same music. The point wasn’t originality or authenticity — it was to freak out the squares, to vex and offend the mainstream of society, the ’60s and ’70s version of “owning the libs.”​
The leftist radicals of the 1960s were willing to engage in genuinely self-destructive behavior as a sacrifice to the idols they had constructed for themselves. They held science, reason, the government, the business establishment, organized religion, and much else in disdain, along with such notions as compromise, moderation, and cooperation. The contemporary Right also hates the government, the business establishment, much of organized religion, compromise, etc., but instead of LSD and Transcendental Meditation it has hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin, absurd mask politics, election trutherism, anti-vaccine activism, 1,001 conspiracy theories, and QAnon.​
It even has its own version of the Manson murders, the five dead after the January 6 sacking of the Capitol only one unborn child short of the six dead at Roman Polanski’s house — both episodes of violence meant as theater for public consumption. This is self-harm, but it is also communicative. It is ceremonial outrage directed at the foundations of respectability per se, a reaction to what many on the right — and here I include myself — experience as an ever-narrower corridor of thinkable thoughts and sayable sentences. In some cases, those who are on the outside looking in discover that they are better pleased to be on the outside looking out — but others prefer to smash the windows, or to perform obscenities in front of them to shock and disgust those seated comfortably inside.​
Obviously, this kind of histrionic, ecstatic, Dionysian politics is ultimately incompatible with conservatism properly understood, though it goes easily hand-in-hand with a particular kind of right-wing revolutionism. Hence the contemporary Right’s promises of revolution and of a Dionysian frenzy presaging a return to innocence, from Ron Paul’s “Revolution” to the Tea Party to “Make America Great Again,” which, as far as right-wing slogans go, at least has the good taste to be properly reactionary. Hence also the cultishness of Republican politics circa 2021: the fever-dream hysteria, the idolatry, the mad quackery and pseudoscientific enthusiasms, and — lest we forget — the violence. In 2000, the “Brooks Brothers Riot” was a joke — in 2021, the riot was for real, and some on the right are starting to get a taste for it.​
Where and how this ends, I do not know. But if there were such a thing as stock in cults, I’d be long on those and short on most of what we understood to be conservatism until the day before yesterday.​

Full:

5i4piq.gif

I think what we have here. . . Is in fact, the reverse being true.

Real liberals, forgetting what enlightenment principals were all about. If the folks back then, could see what has become of the so-called left? They would call them all a bunch of sell outs to the man. You never, ever, endorse the actions of an illiberal elite that wants to strip the little folks of their freedom, no matter what the excuse. If you do? That makes you a sell-out.

If you believe that billionaire propaganda? That makes you a sheep, just like it made the right the sheep in days gone by.

New Normal Newspeak #3: “Progressive”​

.o09.png

". . . Maybe no other word has had its meaning as brutally violated as “progressive” in the last decade. It is used to stifle freedom of speech, to camouflage corruption of “liberal” candidates, as a casus belli for regime change and to bang the drum for new cold wars with both Russia and China.

But applying it to Saudi Arabia is a whole new level of stretched meaning.. . "

iu

Just out of curiosity. . .

Who wrote the most executive orders?

Personally? I believe that is a more meaningful metric for "authoritarian," than all the propaganda on the TEE VEE in the world. And honestly? This current administration is not off to a good start.

iu

We're the counter culture

Paul Joseph Watson is on the phone from 10 years ago ...he's said ...derp
Totalitarian Left is the Establishment.
You are the Counterculture fighting the Totalitarian Left.

Liberal Liberals are few and far between. We have to rely on Alternative Media spaces built by Conservatives for Conservatives. Conservatives treat us with contempt, but at least they give us platform. Totalitarian Left deplatforms and cancels all opposition.

Liberal Liberals have to rely on Conservative handouts in order to remain online.

Liberal Liberals who stand for Human Rights of all people are deplatformed and cancelled by Totalitarian Liberal Establishment.

Liberal Liberals who stand for Human Rights of all people are treated with contempt by Conservatives, but at least you gave us access to your online spaces.
Liberal Liberals who stand for Human Rights of all people depend on charity of those who view us with contempt.

Forum List

Back