The American Jobs Act - Yea Obama!

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
The Democrats rushed to officially sponsor Obama's bill. So it's on the way to becoming law. Oh wait. They didn't.

"House GOP Rep. Louis Gohmert (Texas) officially introduced the "American Jobs Act of 2011" on Wednesday afternoon."

GOP rep. introduces alternative

Way to go, Louis!

• Banned
Yeah, I wouldn't think so. But you'd think Obama would be organized and competent enough to at least get someone like Pelosi to secure his legislation's name for him.

Did he consult with anyone in the congress about his ideas before he presented them?

Yeah, I wouldn't think so. But you'd think Obama would be organized and competent enough to at least get someone like Pelosi to secure his legislation's name for him.

Did he consult with anyone in the congress about his ideas before he presented them?

Nah.... no sane Dem wants anything to do with in an election cycle.

• Banned

Nah.... no sane Dem wants anything to do with in an election cycle.

I hear that.

But still I'm seriously shocked. If he really didn't have anyone on his side, why did he offer his opponents such a big target? What was Obama's skill set when he came into office? Speaking and politicking - "organizing" if you will.

And he can't even do that? Can't even get a single Democrat on board with him when he goes over to Congress with all the pomp and circumstance to request his bill be passed.

He has reached new heights of incompetence. I really didn't think he would have it in him. Why would he do this without even one person on board with him? You don't ask questions in court that you don't know the answer to. You don't send someone like Clinton or Carter in to negotiate high profile international coups unless you have an arrangement in advance. And you don't call together both houses of congress and take over a hundred million American televisions sets unless you have something up your sleeve. Politics 101.

I can't believe the heights of failure Obama is scaling. His ineptitude is jaw-dropping. No joke. We on the right poke at him all the time. But to just hand this to us? To be sooo incredibly unprepared ..... ? WTH?

Last edited:
The Democrats rushed to officially sponsor Obama's bill. So it's on the way to becoming law. Oh wait. They didn't.

"House GOP Rep. Louis Gohmert (Texas) officially introduced the "American Jobs Act of 2011" on Wednesday afternoon."

Way to go, Louis!
Nelson_Muntz-logo-DE3BD3F1CB-seeklogo.com.gif

Wow. Louis Gohmert is a douche bag.

And what evidence do you have for this very intelligent conclusion.

I read the article.

Gohmert said that he read the president's 155-page jobs plan, when it was emailed to lawmakers on Monday afternoon.
So, at 1:20pm [Wednesday] Gohmert filed his own version of a jobs bill, under the title included on the president's legislation distributed to members of Congress two-days prior.

Wow. Louis Gohmert is a douche bag.

And what evidence do you have for this very intelligent conclusion.

I read the article.

Gohmert said that he read the president's 155-page jobs plan, when it was emailed to lawmakers on Monday afternoon.
So, at 1:20pm [Wednesday] Gohmert filed his own version of a jobs bill, under the title included on the president's legislation distributed to members of Congress two-days prior.
So, he can e-mail the alleged bill around to congresscritters, but can't have one of his devoted flunkies take it up to Capitoline Hill to have it officially registered?

Like we needed more evidence of what a bunch of amateurs and poseurs are currently squatting at 1600 Pennsylvania?

:lmao:

Way to go, Louis!

Obama: 'pass this bill right away!'

WH Aide: 'Sir, we forgot to file the bill, and someone took the name'

Obama: 'Hm... I know. We'll call it ObamaCares'

(White House staff congratulates each other on their foresight in not filing the bill.)

If you remember, the Democrats were feeling somewhat estranged before his election when he would come onto the House Floor as a presidential candidate and not even regognize them. He was snobbish and walked on by them as if they were not needed then.

a president can't file a bill, can they? so what are people talking about when they say 'obama' did not file his bill on jobs and sent it email?

Forum List

Back