The American Dream

I am a loyal customer of certain brands, like AT&T, in no small part because I own the companies.

Don't get me wrong... this average Joe is no titan of industry, just an average American holder of a few shares of corporate stock, whose still young enough to be reinvesting the quarterly dividends in more shares, and old enough to be looking forward to at least one income stream to supplement my Social Security.

The concept behind incorporation as a productive entity isn't inherently evil. As a matter of fact, incorporation and selling 'shares' of the means of production is a brilliant way to 'share the wealth'.

Industrialization is a rough evolutionary step - imagine the difference capitalism would have made if the well paid manufacturing workers of the 1950's, '60's and '70's had bought their companies instead of negotiating fat, debilitating union contracts with owners who had no vision beyond the next quarterly report.
History's rear-view.... WYGD? :dunno:

The American Dream is certainly available, but you have to do something productive and use the proceeds to buy in.
:coffee:

Several years ago during a visit to Best Buy, this little kid walks up to me... "Do you work here"?

I said "I own the company. I bought it just yesterday". His eyes got big as saucers LOL.

I like messing with their heads.

Forum List

Back