The American Culture War was won by the Left

Culture is mostly determined by the media and the media is filled with degenerate kids with no respect for tradition. You almost gotta laugh that pot heads want to legalize the sale of marijuana while cigarette smoking is banned in most arenas. Culture prone babes risk their health and mental stability while liberal men promote the destruction of the life inside them. The Queer agenda enjoys the most tolerant environment in the world but they accuse normal heterosexuals of thought crimes.

So here we get to the causal factor regarding your dislike of kids earning sports scholarships: "I personally resented the fact that I had to pay higher fees at UIC back in the 1980's to pay for a bunch of athletic programs no one gave a shit about." Many colleges have huge atheletic programs drawing top students who happen to excel in academics and sports. I can only guess your college didn't draw in these type of kids and as you said nobody cared about sports. That is not the norm within US state colleges and competition and giving it 100% is something that's good prep for most any career. I'll also assume you were never sports-oriented, and that enforces your stance about not liking others going to college on a scholarship that they might not have been able to afford and would not have done.

No, the university I went to spent LOTS of money to build up a Sports program, and FAILING. They built a fancy new stadium and hired a famous coach and they STILL couldn't get it all to work. So they fired the coach and then had to give away free tickets to get students to go to the games, and they STILL didn't.

The joke I always say when I meet a fellow UIC Alum - "Go Flames, said no one, ever!"

I always get a laugh.

We will not agree about kids and scholarships. There are kids who work exceptionally hard in class and exceptionally hard in the extra-curriculars. If you ask me which kid I would hire between one who is as smart as a whip and a person who isn't quite as sharp but is goal-oriented, dedicated, and never gives up, I'll take that second person any day of the week. I know this as a teacher, coach, and and as a parent.

You would... I wouldn't. Again- this shit costs money. And it costs even more money because the government MANDATES it for girl's sports no one cares about. I knew more than one vet who had to drop out because he couldn't afford the fees, but these dumb jocks are getting a free ride at everyone else's expense.

If you're looking for somebody to become defensive from your posturing, you have the wrong poster btw. It takes a thick skin to be an effective teacher these days, plus life is just too darn short to stress the trivial things.

Yes, we know. Teachers are largely immune to any criticism... and that's the problem. It's why we get all these dumb kids who can't read their own diplomas, because you guys are going such a bang up job. But don't worry, Timmy we'll get you a sports scholarship...

So here we get to the causal factor regarding your dislike of kids earning sports scholarships: "I personally resented the fact that I had to pay higher fees at UIC back in the 1980's to pay for a bunch of athletic programs no one gave a shit about." Many colleges have huge atheletic programs drawing top students who happen to excel in academics and sports. I can only guess your college didn't draw in these type of kids and as you said nobody cared about sports. That is not the norm within US state colleges and competition and giving it 100% is something that's good prep for most any career. I'll also assume you were never sports-oriented, and that enforces your stance about not liking others going to college on a scholarship that they might not have been able to afford and would not have done.

No, the university I went to spent LOTS of money to build up a Sports program, and FAILING. They built a fancy new stadium and hired a famous coach and they STILL couldn't get it all to work. So they fired the coach and then had to give away free tickets to get students to go to the games, and they STILL didn't.

The joke I always say when I meet a fellow UIC Alum - "Go Flames, said no one, ever!"

I always get a laugh.

We will not agree about kids and scholarships. There are kids who work exceptionally hard in class and exceptionally hard in the extra-curriculars. If you ask me which kid I would hire between one who is as smart as a whip and a person who isn't quite as sharp but is goal-oriented, dedicated, and never gives up, I'll take that second person any day of the week. I know this as a teacher, coach, and and as a parent.

You would... I wouldn't. Again- this shit costs money. And it costs even more money because the government MANDATES it for girl's sports no one cares about. I knew more than one vet who had to drop out because he couldn't afford the fees, but these dumb jocks are getting a free ride at everyone else's expense.

If you're looking for somebody to become defensive from your posturing, you have the wrong poster btw. It takes a thick skin to be an effective teacher these days, plus life is just too darn short to stress the trivial things.

Yes, we know. Teachers are largely immune to any criticism... and that's the problem. It's why we get all these dumb kids who can't read their own diplomas, because you guys are going such a bang up job. But don't worry, Timmy we'll get you a sports scholarship...
You do seem to have a lot of anger over this as you’ve even suggested “small issue”....which how many years now has it been since you had to -pay for others you think took advantage of your college finances? You said in the 80’s? Geez....40 some odd years... and I thought I held on to things.

I get the part of you grouping together all teachers who teach school in the US as being exactly the same. You’ve been a model student of Leftist media opinions presented as facts and I give you 100% score on believing everything you read in print by CSNBC.

I’ll give you a bit of advice- every single person has a unique brain regardless of what the media has told you to believe. If you think all teachers are the same than it follows that all firefighters are the same, all pilots are the same, all engineers are the same, and all Democrats are the same. Do you believe these statements to be factual?
I agree that there is a lot of dumbing down going on in the public schools throughout various states. Also, there are many schools which have been doing a great job with preparing kids to be life-long learners, focus on the development and utilization of critical thinking skills, and expect their students to take responsibly for their actions toward others.
It is curious you’ve directed your anger at me with your comments so I figure you do this as your normal style of arguing a topic. I’ll leave the personal negativity to people who walk around with a chip on their shoulder, perhaps you carry around many so called chips...just a hunch.

You do seem to have a lot of anger over this as you’ve even suggested “small issue”....which how many years now has it been since you had to -pay for others you think took advantage of your college finances? You said in the 80’s? Geez....40 some odd years... and I thought I held on to things.

No anger at all... just a frustration over stupidity.

I get the part of you grouping together all teachers who teach school in the US as being exactly the same. You’ve been a model student of Leftist media opinions presented as facts and I give you 100% score on believing everything you read in print by CSNBC.

Not at all... Actually, up until 12 years ago, I was pretty right wing. Then I realized that I didn't make enough money to vote Republican. The GOP keeps working class whites voting against their own economic interests through BULLSHIT issues like this one.

I’ll give you a bit of advice- every single person has a unique brain regardless of what the media has told you to believe. If you think all teachers are the same than it follows that all firefighters are the same, all pilots are the same, all engineers are the same, and all Democrats are the same. Do you believe these statements to be factual?

Nothing to do with my point. Actually, I'm kind of glad teachers suck at their jobs. I have a business that only does well because you guys suck at teaching people how to write.

I agree that there is a lot of dumbing down going on in the public schools throughout various states. Also, there are many schools which have been doing a great job with preparing kids to be life-long learners, focus on the development and utilization of critical thinking skills, and expect their students to take responsibly for their actions toward others.

Um. No. the real problem is that unlike most professions, it's damn well near impossible to fire an incompetent teacher. I guess I should be happy I got to go through Catholic Schools, but that just left me with a lifetime hatred of organized religion.

It is curious you’ve directed your anger at me with your comments so I figure you do this as your normal style of arguing a topic.

Stop being such a snowflake!!!

Not at all... Actually, up until 12 years ago, I was pretty right wing. Then I realized that I didn't make enough money to vote Republican. The GOP keeps working class whites voting against their own economic interests through BULLSHIT issues like this one.

Nothing to do with my point. Actually, I'm kind of glad teachers suck at their jobs. I have a business that only does well because you guys suck at teaching people how to write.

Um. No. the real problem is that unlike most professions, it's damn well near impossible to fire an incompetent teacher. I guess I should be happy I got to go through Catholic Schools, but that just left me with a lifetime hatred of organized religion.

It is curious you’ve directed your anger at me with your comments so I figure you do this as your normal style of arguing a topic.

Let's say that you're right. That all public school teachers (approximately 3.2 million full-time) suck at their jobs and not one of them can be fired unless they commit some type of atrocious act. Considering what you are backing, that 3,200,000 people think, act, and believe exactly the same I have to ask you how you've arrived at such an obtuse opinion? In order to even make such a confounded statement would require that you've traveled for years, state to state, observing every single teacher in every single US public school. Most impressive!

Ah yes, writing skills. I used to tutor a few kids of varying ages who needed one-on-one sessions to catch up with their classmates during summers. The state in which I reside tests students on core content-primarily comprehension, writing, and math skills. Give a poor performing kid extra help and voila, he or she is able to not only catch up with their peers but can often exceed individualized goals. I cheer for these kids, do you? I'm thinking not lol

I have a hard time relating to posters who come across as drowning almost in "Oh, every thing is bad, all people are losers, and everyone is just alike" nonsense. Once our brains establish either deeper groves of negativity or deeper grooves of positivity, those are the "go-to grooves" our brains primilary uses. Which type of crevices do you suspect dwell inside your head....mostly? lol Sorry...I am feeling a little more feisty today and I come in peace!

Now, about me being a snowflake....there is absolutely no way I am a snowflake...I am more of a blob fish and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Let's say that you're right. That all public school teachers (approximately 3.2 million full-time) suck at their jobs and not one of them can be fired unless they commit some type of atrocious act. Considering what you are backing, that 3,200,000 people think, act, and believe exactly the same I have to ask you how you've arrived at such an obtuse opinion? In order to even make such a confounded statement would require that you've traveled for years, state to state, observing every single teacher in every single US public school. Most impressive!

Ah yes, writing skills. I used to tutor a few kids of varying ages who needed one-on-one sessions to catch up with their classmates during summers. The state in which I reside tests students on core content-primarily comprehension, writing, and math skills. Give a poor performing kid extra help and voila, he or she is able to not only catch up with their peers but can often exceed individualized goals. I cheer for these kids, do you? I'm thinking not lol

I have a hard time relating to posters who come across as drowning almost in "Oh, every thing is bad, all people are losers, and everyone is just alike" nonsense. Once our brains establish either deeper groves of negativity or deeper grooves of positivity, those are the "go-to grooves" our brains primilary uses. Which type of crevices do you suspect dwell inside your head....mostly? lol Sorry...I am feeling a little more feisty today and I come in peace!

Now, about me being a snowflake....there is absolutely no way I am a snowflake...I am more of a blob fish and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Agreed

Forum List

Back