The Amazing Race

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
The popular Amazing Race needs its own thread so let's start fresh in 2015.

Season #26 of the Amazing Race premiering Wednesday, February 25, 2015, immediately follows Survivor on Wednesday night and then moves to its regular Friday night slot. This season it is all dating couples—six couples already dating and five couples who are meeting for the first time on the Amazing Race. It appears to be an all new cast--no retreads.

The-Amazing-Race-2015-Spoilers-Season-26-Cast-500x333.jpg

phil_1.jpg

Phil Keoghan, host

•Aly Dudek and Steven Langton – Dating Couple

•Harley Rodriguez and Jonathan Knight – Dating Couple

•Jeff Magee and Lyda Grawn – Dating Couple

•Lebya Simpson and CJ Harris – Dating Couple

•Matt Cucolo and Ashley Gordon – Dating Couple

•Rochelle Nevedal and Michael Dombrowski – Dating Couple

•Hayley Keel and Blair Townsend – Blind Date Couple

•Jackie Ibarra and Jeffrey Weldon – Blind Date Couple

•Laura Pierson and Tyler Adams – Blind Date Couple

•Jenny Wu and Jelani Roy – Blind Date Couple

•Bergen Olsen and Kurt Jordan Belcher – Blind Date Couple

Cannot stand that choreographed (read that fixed) show ever since Boston Rob and his wife Amber got the royal screwing when they were aboard the plane about to take off when the shows producers arranged a "flight delay" so the second place couple could get aboard. The plane took off ridiculously "late"...just so that phony ass show could have a final competition back in the USA. Haven't watched since. It is RIGGED with a captial R. Of course here is the winning couple.

latest

I know there are always complaints of rigging or manipulation on all the competition shows, with all kinds of conspiracy theories. But folks are selling those theories too--it's pretty lucrative to come up with them because they do sell. But you'll find just as many assurances from others, most especially the contestants themselves, that the competition is the real deal. For instance, even a power television network doesn't have the clout to hold up a commercial airliner to give anybody an advantage. Most especially, if it was really rigged, I think we would have more candidates or crew leaking that information. And certainly the competition would be more than happy to run with a story uncomplimentary to the Amazing Race which usually nets the highest rating in its time slot.

Here's a pretty good piece on what happened here:
The Amazing Race 7 runner-up Rob Mariano continues to fuel final flight conspiracy rumors - Reality TV World

Of course all the shows are edited to provide what they hope is the maximum entertainment value for the fans and keep people watching.

I love the show myself.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back