The amazing contortionist Rand Paul

It's amazing

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music2/contortionist.jpg

He flips from deficit hawk to neocon and back .... it's as if he has no spine.

Sen. Rand Paul Offers Amendment to Boost Defense Spending
you mean like every politician of all ideologies that is looking to get elected?
Yes. I agree.
Nothing new here.

Hint...don't vote for someone based on what they say. Vote for them based on what they have done. Vote for them based on those they associate with. Vote for them based on how they acted while in office.

How funny they never worry over Obama or Democrats twisting and turning

Obama was against homosexual marriage until he was for it. they told us HE EVOLVED

MANY democrats were for the Iraq war before they were against it

we are so screwed these elected asses aren't ALL held to the same STANARDS

Obama was against homosexual marriage until he was for it. they told us HE EVOLVED

FAIL.

Transcript Obama s Speech Against The Iraq War NPR
What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

FAIL.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.
Pay attention.

A large portion of congressional democrats voted for the war....but when it became unpopular, they talked about how they were against the war.

We all know Obama was against the war from day one.

But if anyone based their support for the war on faulty information - or information that was deliberately faked - that's not a "flip-flop" imho.

FAIL.

Pay attention.

A large portion of congressional democrats voted for the war....but when it became unpopular, they talked about how they were against the war.

"voted for the war" based on who's intel Scooter Jarhead ?

Ever heard of Doug Feith? Please tell me a thing or two about him. If you can't, or more likely won't, you don't deserve to be in this conversation because you're either ignorant of history or disingenuous:thup:

FAIL.

Pay attention.

Ever heard of Doug Feith? Please tell me a thing or two about him. If you can't, or more likely won't, you don't deserve to be in this conversation because you're either ignorant of history or disingenuous:thup:

Our elected officials at the federal level get their intel from more than one source and much of it is unavailable to the gen pop. As you have no idea exactly what prompted any given legislator to act as he/she did, I respectfully suggest you don't belong in this discussion because you're either ignorant of history or disingenuous.
:cool-45:

The vote for authorization of force was before Blix and El-baradi got access for inspections. And, the threat of force was most likely the reason Saddam let inspectors back in. I don't think you can fairly criticize that vote. But the invasion occurred something half a year after that vote. Whether pols who voted for it thought BushII was supposed to come back for another vote is, imo, at best disingenuous. The gut check time for those pols was the spring of 03, AFTER the inspections showed no imminent threat. Very, very few of them had the courage to stand up to all those bumper stickers on pick up trucks and the BushII PR machine of Karl Rove.

FAIL.

Pay attention.

Ahhh...so you are one of those folks that believed that the intel was cooked...cherry picked as Hillary said.

Newsflash....if such was true, the families of the fallen would have insisted that congress press charges against the individual that cooked intel, resulting in the deaths of their loved ones for a war that was based on the illegal actions of a member of the administration...yet we have heard nothing of the sort.

Gee....Hillary was running for President AGAINST the war and she was asked how she can be against something she voted for and she claims she was duped by the administration or she would never have voted for it....and that means what she said was fact.

Cant make this shit up.

The vote for authorization of force was before Blix and El-baradi got access for inspections. And, the threat of force was most likely the reason Saddam let inspectors back in. I don't think you can fairly criticize that vote. But the invasion occurred something half a year after that vote. Whether pols who voted for it thought BushII was supposed to come back for another vote is, imo, at best disingenuous. The gut check time for those pols was the spring of 03, AFTER the inspections showed no imminent threat. Very, very few of them had the courage to stand up to all those bumper stickers on pick up trucks and the BushII PR machine of Karl Rove.

You make some very good and (imho) spot-on points here.

Rand is starting to look more and more like Mitt everyday
Interestingly....and not that I am saying he has my vote yet....but Cruz seems to be the only politician I am aware of that has stayed true to his values...regardless of how unpopular they may make him.

Imagine a government where we can take all politicians true to their word.

Fantasyland.

FAIL.

Pay attention.

Ahhh...so you are one of those folks that believed that the intel was cooked...cherry picked as Hillary said.

Newsflash....if such was true, the families of the fallen would have insisted that congress press charges against the individual that cooked intel, resulting in the deaths of their loved ones for a war that was based on the illegal actions of a member of the administration...yet we have heard nothing of the sort.

Gee....Hillary was running for President AGAINST the war and she was asked how she can be against something she voted for and she claims she was duped by the administration or she would never have voted for it....and that means what she said was fact.

Cant make this shit up.
I see you didn't answer my question: do you know who Doug Feith is and what he did to help bring about vietraq/the rise of Iran?

If you can't answer that Scooter, I'm done w/ you.

FAIL.

Pay attention.

Cant make this shit up.
I see you didn't answer my question: do you know who Doug Feith is and what he did to help bring about vietraq/the rise of Iran?

Edelmans predecessor.

What you have is speculation of intent.....nothing more.

Pay attention.

Cant make this shit up.

Edelmans predecessor.

and? I'm done w/ you. You are ignorant or willfully ignorant because the facts conflict w/ your rw ideology.

Notice how rw'ers will never bring up Doug Feith? lol.

The problem is that at one time I considered that Rand Paul might be a tonic to the Doug Feiths.

In 1996, Feith and Perle participated in a study group organized by the Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies (largely based in Israel) that produced a report aimed at shaping the policies of the incoming Likud-led government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The June 1996 report, titled "A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm," urged Israel to break off then-ongoing peace initiatives and suggested strategies for reshaping the Middle East, including pushing stronger Israeli relations with Turkey, which at least some members of the study group—whose participants also included David Wurmser, the principal author of the study, and Meyrav Wurmser—argued would improve Israel's strategic situation, especially vis-à-vis Syria.[43]

"A Clean Break" also recommended "removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq" and working closely with "Turkey and Jordan to contain, destabilize, and roll back" regional threats and using "Israeli proxy forces" based in Lebanon for "striking Syrian military targets in Lebanon." If that should "prove insufficient, [Israel should strike] at select targets in Syria proper." Further, "Israel can shape its strategic environment, in cooperation with Turkey and Jordan, by weakening, containing, even rolling back Syria." This would create a "natural axis" between Israel, Jordan, a Hashemite Iraq, and Turkey that "would squeeze and detach Syria from the Saudi Peninsula." This "could be the prelude to a redrawing of the map of the Middle East, which could threaten Syria's territorial integrity."[44]

Douglas Feith - Profile - Right Web - Institute for Policy Studies

Pay attention.

Cant make this shit up.

Edelmans predecessor.

and? I'm done w/ you. You are ignorant or willfully ignorant because the facts conflict w/ your rw ideology.

Notice how rw'ers will never bring up Doug Feith? lol.
So...be done with me. I know all that he was accused of doing, I am aware of the Pentagons IG report and its findings and I am aware of his and the CIA's response.

Like I said...be done with me. You do very little to enhance this board in my eyes anyway.

Cya.

Forum List

Back