The ALL Animals Thread :)

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
I wanted to post this picture somewhere, and I couldn't find a thread for just random animals, so I thought I would create one. I'm sure there are plenty of horse lovers, lizard lovers, snake lovers out there! :)

ac8b5e1bcc23103308b4c88ad94f299a.jpg

Vultures are cute, aren't they?
Vulture.jpg

I'm on a major migratory path that includes Sandhills, Monarchs and yes vultures.

They are amazing to behold. I once had a formation fly by me so close that I could feel the wind movement underneath their wings. It was freaking amazing. Took my breath away.

In the winter the buzzards will be mating, flying in vertical circles in the sky above the house.......the Eagles are building nests....

In the winter the buzzards will be mating, flying in vertical circles in the sky above the house.......the Eagles are building nests....

I saw a bald eagle once. It was pretty far away and I had to look through binoculars though. Still, it was cool. I'd never seen one before.
They have increased in the area which means that little kitties and puppies that get dumped out here don't make it very long..

Vultures. They have such an important role. They are the hoovers of nature. Flying composter's Don't just pick on the vulture on nature when other beasties do the same thing.

Others include skunk, raccoons, possums, coyotes, wolves and but especially the American Bald Eagle feeds on carrion.

After wolves and bears dining on carrion at the end of it all when there is nothing left but bones are you going to call the poor little mice, shrews and voles gross for eating the bones to support their high calcium need because their front teeth never stop growing?

Surely Mickey and Minnie aren't gross bastards.

Vulture.jpg

Errr, not really, but that's just my opinion. :D You could have probably found a cuter picture at least.

Ah. . . well, I posted it as a bias test. Pretty much an experiment to see who is bigoted and what not. . . .

Is this just a pretty things thread, or do all lives matter?

How about this one?

csiro_scienceimage_1353_dung_beetle.jpg

Vulture.jpg

Errr, not really, but that's just my opinion. :D You could have probably found a cuter picture at least.

Ah. . . well, I posted it as a bias test. Pretty much an experiment to see who is bigoted and what not. . . .

Is this just a pretty things thread, or do all lives matter?

How about this one?

csiro_scienceimage_1353_dung_beetle.jpg

This isn't that kind of thread. It is just for posting pictures that, yes, you find cute. So, if beetles covered in shit are what floats your boat, I guess you can post them. I can just put you on ignore. No biggie.

Forum List

Back