The Alex Murdaugh debacle is, sadly, a more/less typical American story

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
In the US we are taught to value money

success
having stuff

Alex M fell for this lie. I mean, did that family ever go to church? (any church or church-so-called)?

It doesn't look like it (not that reporters ever "go there" much). So Murdaugh is like so many Americans, the only difference being that he went to a terrible extreme to "solve" his problems. But a lot of Americans w/ money think they are above the law.

I think of a bumper sticker I saw outside a homeless shelter once. It looked like the truck it was on was fairly new, like the driver thereof was not himself homeless so I assumed he had $$ and believed in using it to help the homeless. It said

Live simply, that others may simply live

If the wealthy would just live more simply (smaller house, not so many cars...) they would have extra money to spend on helping the less fortunate, and if they did this, it wouldn't be long before we would have few to zero "unfortunates."

think of Hillary (or Hitlery, if you prefer) deciding to live in a 3 room cabin so she can spend her excess $$ on the homeless..

haha... I knew you'd find that comical..

Last edited:
The family has been corrupt for three generations. The grandfather and father were simply better at not getting caught.

Lots of evidence of drug running and other nefarious deeds that Alex has not been indicted on. His swindling his law partners was just the tip of that iceberg.

• Banned
The family has been corrupt for three generations. The grandfather and father were simply better at not getting caught.

Lots of evidence of drug running and other nefarious deeds that Alex has not been indicted on. His swindling his law partners was just the tip of that iceberg.
I haven't heard anything about the grandfather or M's father.

Forum List

Back