The ads are disgusting. WTF USMB?

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
A woman taking a picture of her vag? An eye socket full of thorns?

I can't respond to any post without being subjected to the most hideous images. If the idea is to get me to click on advertiser links out of intrigue, you've failed miserably. All it does is piss me off.

You should really get some more tasteful advertising.

I can't respond to any post without being subjected to the most hideous images. If the idea is to get me to click on advertiser links out of intrigue, you've failed miserably. All it does is piss me off.

Move your cursor over offending image and bring up the x in the top right corner.

Then you can eliminate offending images.

I usually get whatever websites I was recently looking at. For example Opentable.com is currently being shown.

What websites are you going to?

What's really crappy is when I'm on my ipad (thankfully, the only time I see the stupid ads), if I am replying to a post and someone else posts in the meantime, the screen jumps and my typing ends up being a click on the ad which opens up a website to God knows what. A very unsafe and potentially virus enabling flaw on this website.

Move your cursor over offending image and bring up the x in the top right corner.

I didn't know about that. Does it stay eliminated?

I didn't know about that. Does it stay eliminated?
Seems to.

You click on a reason you want it removed, and they say thank you, they will try not to show it again.

They aren't here to piss you off.

Yup they are disgusting, and everybody has complained. It's all part and parcel of usmb's descent into nothingness. And a clear indication of who their core posting audience is.

Most of the ads when I'm browsin USMB are usually about tits and fitness. I don't mind at all.​

They don't control what ads you get. Your own search history is what determines the advertising you get.

In all the time I've been coming to this board, I have never gotten an ad, video or pop-up but I use Mozilla and AdBlock.

They don't control what ads you get. Your own search history is what determines the advertising you get.

In all the time I've been coming to this board, I have never gotten an ad, video or pop-up but I use Mozilla and AdBlock.
Taboola ads don't go by your search history.

I use firefox and adblocker on my laptop and the ads don't show up but there seems to be nothing to block Taboola crap on an ipad.

Taboola ads don't go by your search history.

I use firefox and adblocker on my laptop and the ads don't show up but there seems to be nothing to block Taboola crap on an ipad.

Which makes me wonder which of my google searches led to a woman taking a picture of her vag.

That's not entirely the case. One thing I noticed before I installed Ad Blocker was that some of the ads very closely matched what came up on my Facebook feed if I had Facebook open on my computer, so if someone else posted something that came up on my Facebook feed, the ads would mirror it. Sometimes it would be something like someone would post a link to "Twenty movie stars who quit acting" and on the same website there would be "twenty biggest jugs in Hollywood" and that ad would show up on this site for me.

adblocker plus
:thup:

Even on my phone they're only at the very top or the very bottom. And then I only see stuff like Progressive Ins. And the bottom is fitness and schools.
Browser history is key

Forum List

Back