The Abrahamic Religions

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
In Mr Fitnah's thread concerning Koranic exhortations to violence (contested) it occurred to me that a good look at the three Abrahamic religions might be useful. As I said in that thread my knowledge is scant, but I'll say what I think I know and wait for more information.

As I understand it Abraham, a Hebrew, was visited by God and possibly began the first (apparently there's some thought that there were earlier ideas of monotheism but not sure) monotheistic religion based on revelations from God. That became Judaism.

Then Yeshua, who was called Jesus Christ, the Anointed One, came along as an Aramaic-speaking Jew and preached and drew followers. In His name Christianity developed from its Judaic roots.

Much later, 7th Century (?) CE, Mohammed was visited by the Archangel Gabriel who revealed the Koran to the Prophet. Allah/God was a bit annoyed that the earlier two Abrahamic religions which worshipped Him had gone off the rails a bit and the Prophet had revealed to him the Koran so that he could begin to set people right.

The point I made in Mr F's thread was that adherents of the three religions are essentially worshipping the same God. There are major doctrinal differences though. But the object of veneration is the same God.

In Mr Fitnah's thread concerning Koranic exhortations to violence (contested) it occurred to me that a good look at the three Abrahamic religions might be useful. As I said in that thread my knowledge is scant, but I'll say what I think I know and wait for more information.

As I understand it Abraham, a Hebrew, was visited by God and possibly began the first (apparently there's some thought that there were earlier ideas of monotheism but not sure) monotheistic religion based on revelations from God. That became Judaism.

Then Yeshua, who was called Jesus Christ, the Anointed One, came along as an Aramaic-speaking Jew and preached and drew followers. In His name Christianity developed from its Judaic roots.

Much later, 7th Century (?) CE, Mohammed was visited by the Archangel Gabriel who revealed the Koran to the Prophet. Allah/God was a bit annoyed that the earlier two Abrahamic religions which worshipped Him had gone off the rails a bit and the Prophet had revealed to him the Koran so that he could begin to set people right.

The point I made in Mr F's thread was that adherents of the three religions are essentially worshipping the same God. There are major doctrinal differences though. But the object of veneration is the same God.

I know. Pretty awful, isn't it?

I know. Pretty awful, isn't it?

not nearly as bad as seeing a fatal traffic accident

If it were the same god, the same god would have said the same thing to all three. The fact of the matter is, he did. It's called the BIBLE. Some listened some didn't.

Muslims are busy worshiping a fallen star (Satan) while some Jews are still trying to approach G-d through their own works and righteousness just as Cain did ~6000 years ago.

Muslims are busy worshiping a fallen star (Satan)
Don't be a fool. We are the people of 'Isa (AS).
I'm not a fool. I realize that you believe Yashua is only a good prophet, which only a fool believes. Either Yashua was a lunatic, a liar or who he said he was, G-D. At least atheists and Jews pick one of the sane options.

Muslims are busy worshiping a fallen star (Satan)
Don't be a fool. We are the people of 'Isa (AS).
I'm not a fool.
I've read far too many of your posts to believe that.

I realize that you believe Yashua is only a good prophet, which only a fool believes. Either Yashua was a lunatic, a liar or who he said he was, G-D. At least atheists and Jews pick one of the sane options.
Atheists and Jews stop short of attributing false words to him (AS). Atheists are generally decried, but those who believe in zero gods are often closer to the truth than those, like you, who believe in three or more.

And when Allah will say: O Jesus, son of Mary, didst thou say to men, "Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to Thee! it was not for me to say what I had no right to. If I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. Surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen." - 5:116​

As you Americans so colourfully put it, "I don't have a dog in this hunt." I just get ticked off when I see misrepresentation on all sides. :doubt:

Who has misrepresented? All the threads I have read and all the times I have posted I freely admit the fact and in fact point it out, that all 3 worship the same God.

Islam has no connection to Abraham beyond Mohammad's claim.
He is not of the blood line .
Islam assures that Jews and Christians do not worship Islams "god".

Islam is Mohammed's invention to essentially steal religion and the title of "prophet"

Last edited:
If it were the same god, the same god would have said the same thing to all three. The fact of the matter is, he did. It's called the BIBLE. Some listened some didn't.

Muslims are busy worshiping a fallen star (Satan) while some Jews are still trying to approach G-d through their own works and righteousness just as Cain did ~6000 years ago.

I hate to repeat myself, and i know i've said this before, but I think each religion is like a different language with which people speak to G-d... and he's multi-iingual.

As for the same thing being said to everyone, people impose their own idiosyncrasies on everything... including religion. to us, jesus didn't fulfill the prophesies and the messiah for us isn't a spiritual savior in the sense that christians see it.

george carlin once did a truly great bit on the 10 commandments.... said it could all be boiled down to one... do unto others as you would have them do unto you. if people actually followed that, i think the world would be a pretty good place.

Islam recognizes both the Christian Bible and the Jewish Holy book as Holy Books. Why? Because they worship the same God.

Christians recognize the Jewish Holy book as well. Why? Because they worship the same God as the Jews.

So all 3 religions worship the same God. They just each think he said or did something different.

I hate to repeat myself, and i know i've said this before, but I think each religion is like a different language with which people speak to G-d... and he's multi-iingual.

As for the same thing being said to everyone, people impose their own idiosyncrasies on everything... including religion. to us, jesus didn't fulfill the prophesies and the messiah for us isn't a spiritual savior in the sense that christians see it.

One question. Are you absolutely sure?

george carlin once did a truly great bit on the 10 commandments.... said it could all be boiled down to one... do unto others as you would have them do unto you. if people actually followed that, i think the world would be a pretty good place.

you're getting closer... :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Why do people keep typing, ( G-D ) ?

Because they're Jews. They don't pronounce what they believe to be the name of God, "YHWH", and some of them decided to extend this practice to the English language for some reason.

Muslims worship Allah - God, they don't worship Satan.

As you Americans so colourfully put it, "I don't have a dog in this hunt." I just get ticked off when I see misrepresentation on all sides. :doubt:

Who has misrepresented? All the threads I have read and all the times I have posted I freely admit the fact and in fact point it out, that all 3 worship the same God.

There are two types of misrepresentation. 1. Misrepresentation out of malice. 2. Misrepresentation out of ignorance. Type 1 abounds here. I'm not accusing you of either.

Islam has no connection to Abraham beyond Mohammad's claim.
He is not of the blood line .
Islam assures that Jews and Christians do not worship Islams "god".

Islam is Mohammed's invention to essentially steal religion and the title of "prophet"

Mate it's all inventions to me. I just don't like bullshit about people's religions, bullshit based on bigotry.

Forum List

Back