What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The $500 million song

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
After 40 years, there's a frivolous lawsuit claiming that Stairway to Heaven is a ripoff of some song in Am by a group called Spirit.

I listened to the spirit song and if Stairway was 4 bars long, I'd say they were somewhat similar, but after that there's absofuckinglutely nothing in common.

In discovery the lawyer representing spirit found that Stairway all by itself generated over $500 million.

There's a lady who's sure

G.T.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That 1st paragraph is really fuckin strugglin, Frank.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If I had written a musical phrase that was later used in a multi million dollar hit, I would expect some of the gravy too. Probably not a lot of it, but they proved Zeppelin heard the phrase before they wrote Stairway. It seems obvious that they used at least part of the earlier song.

Indeependent

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This story is well over a year old.
And yes, that very small piece of guitar riff was ripped off; perhaps subconsciously.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$260.01
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List