The 50 best college majors for finding the highest-paying jobs after graduation

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
The 50 best college majors for finding the highest-paying jobs after graduation

Highest Paying Bachelors Degrees | PayScale
Make sure you click on "See Full List"

These numbers only reflect students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in each field. Associate's, master's, and other degrees are not considered.

The lucrative STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) have plenty of representation on the list of highest-paying jobs after graduation. Engineering, in particular, is a college major that leads to strong future earning potential. All but two of the 20 highest-paying college degrees are some kind of study in engineering. Science, technology, and math majors are also present.

In today's job market, having a bachelor's degree is nearly a necessity to land a rewarding, well-paying job with any possibility for advancement; a bachelor's degree is almost essential for entry into most professional careers. In certain lines of work, like teaching and engineering, you cannot enter the field without holding at least a bachelor's degree.

------------------------------

I was number 38 and my salary was spot on. I retired at 63. I was going to retire at 64 so I told the company I worked at in case they had to go through a staff reduction, which they had in the past. I didn't want some young engineer with kids and a wife let go when I was going to quit anyway. And I didn't want them to put me on a four year project if I was leaving in less than a year. That didn't seem fair.

So they did have a 10% staff reduction throughout the company. While they did fire me, they paid me full salary and healthcare for nearly a year which put me passed my 64th birthday.

When the lady from HR told me I was being fired and that they were going to continue to pay me I told her I was going to dance out the door. She told me everyone else cried. So I left low key. I didn't want anyone thinking I was mocking them. I'm not a Republican. I don't believe in cruelty.

I heard later the HR lady was also fired after firing everyone else. Harsh.

Pew Research Center: Republicans say college bad for U.S.

The reason most Republicans think college is bad for America is because colleges teach what Republicans don't want to believe.

High school graduates who work full time had median weekly earnings of $718 in second quarter : The Economics Daily: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

It's sad that Republicans are teaching children that college is bad for America. Politically, it may work for now, but they will eventually be left in the dust wondering what happened. You can see it coming.

\
I was number 38 and my salary was spot on. I retired at 63.
I am also a #38 on your chart and retired around the same time that you did.

And I can assure you that your idiotic OP rant is pure nonsense. ..... :cuckoo:

I didn't bother reading the rest of the OP after he claims getting a bachelor's degree is a must. So that being said , I knew it, I knew it, he did get fired when the cookie factory closed in Chicago...damn am I good.

My granddaughter is working towards a degree in civil engineering [and has a 4.0]. She already has a summer job which I am sure will carry over into her Junior year, First in her entire family to go to college.

• Banned
My granddaughter is working towards a degree in civil engineering [and has a 4.0]. She already has a summer job which I am sure will carry over into her Junior year, First in her entire family to go to college.
Companies like educated workers.

I worked out on the assembly line while I was going to a university here in Chicago. It wasn't much, but they were paying me about 8 grand a year. And I got the GI bill for my service in the military.
Since I made the National Dean's list every semester, it was in my third year they began pressuring me to apply for engineering. I didn't want to because it was a family business and it was a place to work but not to make a career.

Then the father retired and turned the company over to his kids who were in their 40's. In a few years, they had grown into an international company. You had to have a degree to work in engineering. Except for me, the entire department turned over. I became CAD manager and Sr. Design Engineer. And all because I went to school.

So when these Republicans say school isn't important, I figure they must be delusional or stupid. Looking at the country today, who could possibly believe that? They must like having bosses with names like Jose and Bernd and Machmood.

• Banned
Companies like educated workers.

I worked out on the assembly line while I was going to a university here in Chicago. It wasn't much, but they were paying me about 8 grand a year. And I got the GI bill for my service in the military.
Since I made the National Dean's list every semester, it was in my third year they began pressuring me to apply for engineering. I didn't want to because it was a family business and it was a place to work but not to make a career.

Then the father retired and turned the company over to his kids who were in their 40's. In a few years, they had grown into an international company. You had to have a degree to work in engineering. Except for me, the entire department turned over. I became CAD manager and Sr. Design Engineer. And all because I went to school.

So when these Republicans say school isn't important, I figure they must be delusional or stupid. Looking at the country today, who could possibly believe that? They must like having bosses with names like Jose and Bernd and Machmood.
The eight grand a year was for going to school beyond my regular salary.

And when I moved into engineering I got barely a raise. A dollar an hour after 60 days.

Then, after my first project I got another dollar an hour. About two years later, they about doubled my salary. It shows up in the Social Security chart. Two huge bumps over two years. I retired making more than three times what the average assembler made.

And who says college is bad?

New Topics

Forum List

Back