The 1912 Hillsville Massacre

In the days of Sandy Hook and Las Vegas massacres, killing 4 people seems pretty tame.

But they didn’t have access to AR-15s back then

In the days of Sandy Hook and Las Vegas massacres, killing 4 people seems pretty tame.

Now that they do have A-15'S how many have been killed there by them? [you may want to change the question so it fits your answer]

Imagine having to conduct a massacre with just conventional weapons.
Today, we appreciate our second amendment and make sure those wanting to kill as many as they can in a short period of time have unfettered access to the firepower they need

Nah, just any full-auto weapons they could afford. You fucking moron.
People could own Gatling guns back then, idiot.

Imagine having to conduct a massacre with just conventional weapons.
I can't even imagine you answering the question

Today, we appreciate our second amendment
lol

and make sure those wanting to kill as many as they can in a short period of time have unfettered access to the firepower they need
no, you make sure they have gun free zones to conduct such activity

Fascinating story. There must be a film in there somewhere. Are these places still a feudin and a fightin ?
Well, not so sure what it is you find fascinating about this but OK here is my favorite and most interesting quote

Jeremiah Allen and his sons were of a type that is peculiarly American. Freed for generations from the social and legal conventions of European society, the Allens cherished an individuality that would have been inconceivable back in the British Isles. The pioneer families who settled Virginia’s Blue Ridge grew or made nearly all of life’s necessities. They learned to depend only on themselves and a few close neighbors, and grew up with a kind of freedom and self-confidence unknown to Europeans of the same class.

Tommy, no offense but this reads like "LORE"...try "HATFIELDS v McCoy [sp] far more interesting.

Fascinating story. There must be a film in there somewhere. Are these places still a feudin and a fightin ?
Well, not so sure what it is you find fascinating about this but OK here is my favorite and most interesting quote

Jeremiah Allen and his sons were of a type that is peculiarly American. Freed for generations from the social and legal conventions of European society, the Allens cherished an individuality that would have been inconceivable back in the British Isles. The pioneer families who settled Virginia’s Blue Ridge grew or made nearly all of life’s necessities. They learned to depend only on themselves and a few close neighbors, and grew up with a kind of freedom and self-confidence unknown to Europeans of the same class.

Tommy, no offense but this reads like "LORE"...try "HATFIELDS v McCoy [sp] far more interesting.
I saw that series a while back. It was ok. I think the feud part in Huck Finn is the most powerful depiction of a feud. You got to like those folks before they were blown away.

"Freed for generations from the social and legal conventions of European society, the Allens cherished an individuality that would have been inconceivable back in the British Isles."

From the unread attached article.

Yes, because we need armed people on airplanes, court houses and sporting events.

We have armed people on airplanes, court houses, and sporting events ...

1000x-1.jpg

I saw that series a while back. It was ok. I think the feud part in Huck Finn is the most powerful depiction of a feud. You got to like those folks before they were blown away.
meh...until today I never considered feuds a genre-like-thing, never even read a page/snippet out of sawyer/finn, when the reading lists were handed out [5th grade] I chose "Inherit The Wind" a truly great story in the courthouse, if you want interesting reading read that! [even if you already know the story]

New Topics

Forum List

Back