Thanksgiving 2019

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
What's on the menu? What's the plan?

I am making putting in the oven a turducken stuffed with cornbread dressing with a fig sauce and gravy. We are having Creole corn, collard greens, red beans and rice, bread pudding with rum sauce, Kentucky butter rum cake and a sweet potato pie.

That's a good question. Now that you mention it, I don't think that I am allowed to even make that call. Hell, I could be sentenced to the kid's table. That will have to go up the chain of command.

I'm driving down the day before to start cooking. So, about 3 1/2 hours after I am told to put the turducken in.

I've disowned my brother and all my local family are dead so it's just the Wife and I.
Going to smoke a small fresh brined turkey,the Wife will make some home made cranberry sauce and cornbread dressing along with some mashed garlic tators,some homemade yeast rolls and turkey gravy.
And of course a pecan pie.

I am making putting in the oven a turducken stuffed with cornbread dressing with a fig sauce and gravy. We are having Creole corn, collard greens, red beans and rice, bread pudding with rum sauce, Kentucky butter rum cake and a sweet potato pie.

Might have to add some collard greens now that you mention it.
The Wife makes some bad ass greens be they mustard or collard.

We are hosting this year... 19 people.
We will be roasting the turkey, making cornbread dressing and mashed potatoes (and of course gravy via the drippings)
Other family members are bringing other sides/desserts.

This Wednesday we are having "early Thanksgiving" with my kids, they are both respiratory core therapist and work Thanksgiving day.
Going to make Leg Quarters, Mashed Sweet Potato and Risotto. Kids are bringing salad/dessert.

And the bread pudding sounds great!!! But there being only two of us we're pushing the limit as it is.

The bread pudding is a must. Here is the deal. The whole order the turducken thing was so that we wouldn't be in the kitchen from 5 in the morning until the dishes are done. Then 75 other items were added in..........because of all the time we saved with the turducken.

Well, the daughter and wife will be making the traditional dishes. I am giving some thought to deep frying the turkey this year. Its been about five years since last I deep fried one of them bad boys.

Safety first boys and girls.

19 people.

Just the thought of 19 people congregated in one space makes me want to lock myself in a closet.
It helps our house is pretty good size, and more than one area people can congregate.
You must be like Bonzi, she likes people "in small doses" as she says. Some people get energized around people... others get drained. She is of the latter.

19 people.

Just the thought of 19 people congregated in one space makes me want to lock myself in a closet.
It helps our house is pretty good size, and more than one area people can congregate.
You must be like Bonzi, she likes people "in small doses" as she says. Some people get energized around people... others get drained. She is of the latter.

I'm anti-social. People are a whole bunch of nonsense.

19 people.

I'm anti-social. People are a whole bunch of nonsense.
I am good with small groups, family and close friends.
I despise fake people, which unfortunately a lot of people are.
I just want people to be who they are.

What in the world is turkducken?

RECENTLY PARDONED TURKEY FOUND DEAD AFTER CLAIMING TO HAVE DIRT ON HILLARY CLINTON.

It's a Turkey with a duck and then a chicken stuffed in it.

Brining a 22lb. Turkey now, about 3pm will make the herb/lemon butter and place that under/over skin...pack the cavity with onion/lemon/garlic... put in fridge and put it in oven at 6:00 am
Also have two pork tenderloins marinating in Fig basalmic in fridge.
That's the meats.

We're going to a friend's this year. (4 total) they pre-ordered a honeybees ham. Usual sides, and my honey just pulled this out of the oven:
20201125_180255.jpg

Forum List

Back