Thanks Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
This is one time I wish I wasn't an admin., otherwise I would have written this awhile ago. I'd like to thank Greg for buying this board and making the improvements he has. I chose to join him when asked, in large measure to my agreement with the rules changes he had written originally, BEFORE he asked me to 'change position.' Those who know me recognize that 'anything goes' really isn't my style. I adapted previously, but this feels like a better fit.

Why? Because of my desire to have a place to 'spout off' on politics, the war, and everyday issues. I'm more comfortable in a venue geared towards 'ideas' rather than 'guts.' My 'takes' are not for everyone, which is why the net is so great, there are no limits on where one can find their best fit. There are many sites, messageboards, blogs that cater to whatever interests you have.

Greg's vision of this community just comes closer to my own and that may be inadvertent. I think his interest in politics is limited and the opinions he may hold differ mostly from my own. :eusa_think: Where we agree however, is in the level of discourse. I do not think it's polite for me to flame someone with vastly different opinions or mores than my own, nor them me. We will not tolerate that.

In approximately two months the 'skin' has changed to something easier on the eyes. The level of discourse has been raised, with flaming way down. We are gaining members that are informed from all sides of the political spectrum; retaining some of the best from the past; and even hosting those that have chosen to leave keep coming back to read and share on other boards. Interesting to me, we are gaining more international members, as we are allowing for differences to be heard. All that is good.

We've added the blogging section, some post more than others. They cover the gamut from personal to general interests. If this isn't something you're all that familar with, perhaps you'd like to read through some? Leave some comments, (especially on mine. ;) ) Start your own?

Well since the admin. hat is worn, :eusa_silenced: if you have some suggestions or additions you'd like to see, please feel free to add them or pm Greg or me. Yes, it's safe to pm us. :cool:

Again, thanks Greg! I know it's not been the smoothest ride, but we are moving along splendidly!

This is one time I wish I wasn't an admin., otherwise I would have written this awhile ago. I'd like to thank Greg for buying this board and making the improvements he has. I chose to join him when asked, in large measure to my agreement with the rules changes he had written originally, BEFORE he asked me to 'change position.' Those who know me recognize that 'anything goes' really isn't my style. I adapted previously, but this feels like a better fit.

Why? Because of my desire to have a place to 'spout off' on politics, the war, and everyday issues. I'm more comfortable in a venue geared towards 'ideas' rather than 'guts.' My 'takes' are not for everyone, which is why the net is so great, there are no limits on where one can find their best fit. There are many sites, messageboards, blogs that cater to whatever interests you have.

Greg's vision of this community just comes closer to my own and that may be inadvertent. I think his interest in politics is limited and the opinions he may hold differ mostly from my own. :eusa_think: Where we agree however, is in the level of discourse. I do not think it's polite for me to flame someone with vastly different opinions or mores than my own, nor them me. We will not tolerate that.

In approximately two months the 'skin' has changed to something easier on the eyes. The level of discourse has been raised, with flaming way down. We are gaining members that are informed from all sides of the political spectrum; retaining some of the best from the past; and even hosting those that have chosen to leave keep coming back to read and share on other boards. Interesting to me, we are gaining more international members, as we are allowing for differences to be heard. All that is good.

We've added the blogging section, some post more than others. They cover the gamut from personal to general interests. If this isn't something you're all that familar with, perhaps you'd like to read through some? Leave some comments, (especially on mine. ;) ) Start your own?

Well since the admin. hat is worn, :eusa_silenced: if you have some suggestions or additions you'd like to see, please feel free to add them or pm Greg or me. Yes, it's safe to pm us. :cool:

Again, thanks Greg! I know it's not been the smoothest ride, but we are moving along splendidly!

But not safe to PM others ?

Cuckoo???? You mean there wasn't a big deal about PM reading? Greg even posted about it himself. Seems like the work of some dastardly do-badders to me.

Again, why are you here? It's obvious you are not comfortable, so go where you are. The previous owner sold the site, didn't you get the memo? The new owner has made his policies clear. If you feel you can get on board post here, there, anywhere. If not, go there or anywhere.

If you came to stir, you are going to be gone. That's what I meant in the first post thanking Greg. We are NOT looking for stirrers. We want and need those that will engage and expand on discourse.

Or an unscupulous attempt to lure posters to a new board.... ;)

Hey, that would never be done. As for here, we're comfortable with what we are doing. We want posters that are too. If not, they should go where they are comfortable. Messageboards are all over, for all sorts of ideas and perspectives. We have ours and want posters that agree with our ideas on how it's conducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back