Thanks Biden! Just paid $3.09 for gas. Dropping under $3.

Well, according to the latest info for 2021 (2022's numbers come out later I think), we were actually a net EXPORTER for oil.

In 2021, the United States imported about 8.47 million barrels per day (b/d) of petroleum from 73 countries. Petroleum includes crude oil, hydrocarbon gas liquids (HGLs), refined petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel fuel, and biofuels. Crude oil imports of about 6.11 million b/d accounted for about 72% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports in 2021, and non-crude oil petroleum accounted for about 28% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports.

In 2021, the United States exported about 8.54 million b/d of petroleum to 176 countries and 4 U.S. territories. Crude oil exports of about 2.96 million b/d accounted for 35% of total U.S. gross petroleum exports in 2021. The resulting total net petroleum imports (imports minus exports) were about -0.06 million b/d in 2021, which means that the United States was a net petroleum exporter of 0.06 million b/d in 2021.

I'm guessing that if we had to, we could shut off all the exports we are sending out and be energy independent. But, that would involve cutting off oil supplies to other countries that depend on us. Interestingly enough, Canada seems to be who we get the most oil from for our imports.
Not arguing our net exports. I’m arguing the policies of this administration and their ability to keep LONG TERM Prices at or below $3.00.

That’s odd since Trump handed off gas at $2.34 to your Vegetable Messiah.

Explain that, Simp.
I explained the oil rig shut down Trump allowed and the OPEC cut. Trump sabotaged America on the way out. Explain that.

Not arguing our net exports. I’m arguing the policies of this administration and their ability to keep LONG TERM Prices at or below $3.00.
Biden is out producing every President in history for oil production. What is your complaint?

Thanks to Joe Biden gas prices have been tamed and the outlook is even better. I paid $3.09 for gas in NC and it’s likely to be under $3 soon.

View attachment 728238
In keeping with the message board gas law, this has nothing to do with the president because presidents are only linked to decreasing gas prices if they are republicans, and to increasing gas prices if they are Democrats. External factors contributing to gas price changes will only be mentioned in the case of decreasing gas prices during a democratic presidency. Thanks.

In keeping with the message board gas law, this has nothing to do with the president because presidents are only linked to decreasing gas prices if they are republicans, and to increasing gas prices if they are Democrats. External factors contributing to gas price changes will only be mentioned in the case of decreasing gas prices during a democratic presidency. Thanks.
That is both sides, they both want to take credit for good, but the other side is to blame for the bad. Pelosi blamed Bush for high gas prices, and the right blamed Obama, it is what politics do.

Biden is out producing every President in history for oil production. What is your complaint?
my complaint is Biden’s policies still have US too dependent on foreign oil. Production under Biden can set records but if his policies has US is too dependent on on foreign oil, then we run the risk of high energy prices over the LONG TERM.

my complaint is Biden’s policies still have US too dependent on foreign oil. Production under Biden can set records but if his policies has US is too dependent on on foreign oil, then we run the risk of high energy prices over the LONG TERM.

Post 218 has a link for US oil production, and it shows that we were a NET EXPORTER of oil to the tune of 0.06 million bbl/day. If we are exporting more oil than we import, then I'd say we weren't exactly dependent on foreign oil. If we get to the point where we are importing more than we export, the solution is simple, stop exporting the oil and use it ourselves.

Post 218 has a link for US oil production, and it shows that we were a NET EXPORTER of oil to the tune of 0.06 million bbl/day. If we are exporting more oil than we import, then I'd say we weren't exactly dependent on foreign oil. If we get to the point where we are importing more than we export, the solution is simple, stop exporting the oil and use it ourselves.
Being a net exporter is great…. I don’t argue that. I say given the level of demand here in the US and that our economy is still dependent on oil in general until a viable alternative is able to stain the economy, we should pursue policies that put US towards less dependency on foreign oil. Being a net exporter is not enough.

Thanks to Joe Biden gas prices have been tamed and the outlook is even better. I paid $3.09 for gas in NC and it’s likely to be under $3 soon.

View attachment 728238
And lower prices to come

Why ? Drive the price lower by driving more efficient cars and trucks over time as we need a new car. I doubt that I’d ever change cars just for the mileage but making that a priority for the next is a sane measure

View attachment 728238

Still a long way to go until prices are back to where they were when Biden took office (despite his lies about it).

I don't think he's going to make it.

LOL

Still a long way to go until prices are back to where they were when Biden took office (despite his lies about it).

I don't think he's going to make it.

LOL
Not really and we expect they will drop LOWER. Of course the really low prices were during gop led recessions. The trump recession meant people were losing jobs and driving less

Why ? Drive the price lower by driving more efficient cars and trucks over time as we need a new car. I doubt that I’d ever change cars just for the mileage but making that a priority for the next is a sane measure

Did that when I needed to buy a new car. Went from a 2002 PT Cruiser (20 - 23 mpg) to a 2008 Honda Civic (30 mpg normal driving, 35 mpg when doing highway cruising). Actually kept track of the mpg when I bought the Civic and was more than pleasantly surprised. Not only that, but when I bought it, damn thing almost looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. The person that had it before me took excellent care of it.

Did that when I needed to buy a new car. Went from a 2002 PT Cruiser (20 - 23 mpg) to a 2008 Honda Civic (30 mpg normal driving, 35 mpg when doing highway cruising). Actually kept track of the mpg when I bought the Civic and was more than pleasantly surprised. Not only that, but when I bought it, damn thing almost looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. The person that had it before me took excellent care of it.
Yup. I hear you.,
Right now, all electrics aren’t worth the price nor disadvantages in cold weather. We had three Corollas over the years and like the Civics were all 30 plus mpg. Even full size Camrys and Accorder do that now. We will dabble in hybrids the next time we need a new car, but EVs are about 5 plus years away. Now we’re stuck with 4 wd living off road. So we just bite the bullet with the gas mileage. There us nothing very economical for trucks and bigger SUVs.

A gallon of gasoline today still costs 150% more than it did the day before Biden took office.

Only an idiot liberal would find that something to celebrate...

Forum List

Back