Thank You Novak Djokovic

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
The world has been spared watching more of sneering, angry Rafael Nadal picking his butt, rubbing his forehead, his left temple, his right temple, pulling his left sleeve, pulling his right sleeve and rubbing his nose while bouncing a tennis ball on the ground with his racket prior to every single serve.

Thank you Novak! Well done.

Now that said, I hope Tsitsipas wins. Root for the underdog without all the trophies older players already have.
This may be his only chance. I also rooted for the Greek female contender, Sakkari, but alas.

NADAL PHILOSOPHICAL IN DEFEAT​

SATURDAY 12 JUNE 2021 - SIMON CAMBERS
Defending champion suffers just his third loss at Roland-Garros
Rafael Nadal, Roland Garros 2021, semifinal
© Philippe Montigny/FFT
A disappointed Rafael Nadal said Novak Djokovic was a worthy winner after the Spaniard lost at Roland-Garros for only the third time in his career in a thrilling semi-final encounter on Friday.
The 13-time champion had a set point in the third set but could not convert and as he tired in the fourth, Djokovic pulled away to set up a final against Stefanos Tsitsipas.

Why this isn't in sports I don't know.
But tennis would be well served by a Stefano Tsitsipas win today.
Djokovich has been a surly snarling presence for years and he's had his time in the sun.
Time for a new face. One not red with rage and anger.

Nadal must be pushing 40 if not 50 by now. He's a physical specimen with few equals. Jokovic is the Bjorg and Williams of their time. Almost unbeatable when he's merely interested in winning. Williams is still in her time....

Nadal must be pushing 40 if not 50 by now. He's a physical specimen with few equals. Jokovic is the Bjorg and Williams of their time. Almost unbeatable when he's merely interested in winning. Williams is still in her time....
I might have jinxed him.

Djokovic looks like he's going to win but a Grecian opponent has taken him to 5 sets.

He's only 35...

Forum List

Back