Thank you, Governor De Santis, for your hurricane press conference

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Reaching at any excuse for a silver lining: I caught some of this morning's hurricane briefing with Florida Governor De Santis. What I saw during that time:
  • He didn't go off on childish tangents about how wonderful and effective he is
  • He didn't pollute his comments with ridiculous hyperbole and insulting grandiosity
  • He didn't restrict his comments to only terms that would animate his political base
  • He thanked a wide variety of states for their assistance without regard to their politics
  • He didn't pat himself on the back for any and every positive thing that has taken place
  • He spoke very well extemporaneously, using adult words and clear sentence structure
  • He focused on informing and not on entertaining or persuading or selling
  • He gave no indication that he was trying to bullshit anyone or downplay the situation
  • He appeared stable and in control given the terrible circumstances his state faces
  • He clearly understood the gravity of the situation and behaved accordingly
  • He gave the impression of an intelligent and serious adult who sees the big picture.
In short, I was left with the impression that, when things really matter, he is capable of rising to the occasion, eschewing standard partisan trolling, and displaying adult leadership qualities. If we find him in a higher position at some point, my confidence has increased that he'll be able to maintain those qualities.

What a relief that was, and such a refreshing change from his party's standard bearer.

Reaching at any excuse for a silver lining: I caught some of this morning's hurricane briefing with Florida Governor De Santis. What I saw during that time:
  • He didn't pollute his comments with ridiculous hyperbole and insulting grandiosity
  • He didn't restrict his comments to only terms that would animate his political base
  • He thanked a wide variety of states for their assistance without regard to their politics
  • He didn't pat himself on the back for any and every positive thing that has taken place
  • He spoke very well extemporaneously, using adult words and clear sentence structure
  • He gave no indication that he was trying to bullshit anyone or downplay the situation
  • He appeared stable and in control given the terrible circumstances his state faces
  • He gave the impression of an intelligent and serious adult who sees the big picture.
In short, I was left with the impression that, when things really matter, he is capable of rising to the occasion, eschewing standard partisan trolling, and displaying adult leadership qualities. If we find him in a higher position at some point, my confidence has increased that he'll be able to maintain those qualities.

What a relief that was, and such a refreshing change from his party's standard bearer.

Got an egg timer?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he talks to Biden about aid for Florida....

Got an egg timer?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he talks to Biden about aid for Florida....
Set your timer for about 10 days, within that time your dream will come true

Let me splain

Maggots are intermediate stages in the life cycle of flies, they only live for around 8 – 10 days before molting into the pupal stage and turning into flies.

I guess he's too busy, this week to keep snatching migrants in Texas to supply Florida paid air travel transportation to resort island communities on the Northeast coast.

Unlike Diaper Man.

I'm glad to see that you are praising the Florida governor, but would you vote for him if he runs for VP in 2024?

Got an egg timer?

According to reports biden refuses to call DeSantis about the hurricane

Thats how it can be with old people and dementia

This is an opportunity to demonstrate his leadership during a crisis
We shall see how he does in the next 48 hours

His state needs him

This won't play well with his base.

Don't kid yourself. DeSantis is worse than Trump. Much worse.

According to reports biden refuses to call DeSantis about the hurricane

Thats how it can be with old people and dementia

If Biden hates DeSantis so much, why then does Biden keep calling his 12 year old daughter on the phone?

Makes no sense.

But I guess Biden has been doing this sort of thing since he was in his 30's, at least according to Joe.

I guess he's too busy, this week to keep snatching migrants in Texas to supply Florida paid air travel transportation to resort island communities on the Northeast coast.
Yeah what an asshole…doesn’t he know that foreign criminals shitting in our face and on our Declaration Of Independence have rights?
How dare he do whats best for Americans!

He was on-point for the most part…BUT not one mention of the storm being racist and targeting minorities…that was disappointing. Almost Dead Joe, Obamala Harris and all retarded woke Mexicrat governors/mayors wouldn’t dare have left out such an accurate detail.

The potential is certainly there, given the fact that he's more intelligent, more savvy, less clownish and far less damaged.

But I'll take pretty much anything at this point.
Your lying lib media can change that public image given time

Look what your people on the left did to john mccain and mit romney when they won the GOP nomination and became Public Enemy Number One

Forum List

Back