And you offer crap with henry.
“Crap” :lmao:

Henry Morgenthau Jr. was the Secretary of the Treasury and the architect of the “New Deal”. He’s literally the expert.

Watching you people deny science, facts, reason, logic, and history is comical. The ideology has such a tight grip on you leftists, that you can’t even function.

Dude, take a deep breath and just learn to accept reality. Even when it doesn’t align with the extremist ideology that has a grip on you.

Regardless of what they called it at the time, the Great Depression started in 1929.

The 1920s had been a time of great prosperity but also a time of a massive wealth gap. Banks made a pantload of money loaning money to Europe to rebuild, the credit system allowed regular humans to buy new kitchens or whatever on credit, and tax cuts benefitted the rich. Harding, Coolidge, and (at the start) Hoover practiced "laissez faire" economics, meaning that the government mostly stayed out of the business business. Businesses and banks took the biggest advantage of that time that they could, resulting in the Stock Market crashing in October 1929, only a few months into Hoover's administration.

Hoover tried dealing with it the way he knew how, with tariffs and so on, but they didn't work well and everything got a lot worse. Unemployment was at about 12% in 1931, then about 20% in 1932, and climbing, and along came FDR. His ideas, the New Deal, spent money to bring relief to people who were broke, jobless, and starving, to stimulate recovery, and to reform the system so the shenanigans of the 20s didn't happen again.

Most historians agree that, while it didn't magically solve the Depression, the New Deal corrected the inequities of the 20s, infused a positive attitude into the people, and put us on the right track. Unemployment, again as an example, rose to its highest in 1933 at about 25%, then dropped steadily throughout the decade as the programs mostly worked. Historians that disagree with that majority view tend to be conservative or libertarian (like FEE dot org, for example) that would have rather we had stuck to the Harding/Coolidge/Hoover economic model.

As for Morgenthau's quote, he wasn't saying that to the general public, but to House Democrats in the Ways and Means Committee. It is an easy (and inflammatory) quote to take out of context to condemn the entire New Deal, but the in reality he was exaggerating if not completely wrong. What they were doing was working, they did make good on their promises, and the unemployment rate was lower than when they started (about 17% by then). I suspect he was trying to motivate them, or something. Who knows, but that one quote does not comprise undeniable proof that the whole system was a bomb.

As for Morgenthau's quote, he wasn't saying that to the general public, but to House Democrats in the Ways and Means Committee. It is an easy (and inflammatory) quote to take out of context to condemn the entire New Deal, but the in reality he was exaggerating if not completely wrong. What they were doing was working, they did make good on their promises, and the unemployment rate was lower than when they started (about 17% by then). I suspect he was trying to motivate them, or something. Who knows, but that one quote does not comprise undeniable proof that the whole system was a bomb.
Bwahahaha!! I love tools like Pellinore here.

“Don’t believe the actual words of a person - believe my fucked-up interpretation of someone else’s words”

Dude, you sound like a desperate lunatic. “Who knows?”. Um, we all know. Because we know what Henry Morgenthau Jr. said.

Who knows, but that one quote does not comprise undeniable proof that the whole system was a bomb.
When the architect of a “deal” says the deal failed, it is “undeniable proof that the whole system was a bomb”.

But time and time again here on USMB, you’ve illustrated your total inability to accept any fact that doesn’t support your ideology. So I’ll give you more data other than that “one quote”. Hard-left UCLA did a study and also concluded that FDR’s policies caused/prolonged the Great Depression.

Now what, Chief? You going to assume UCLA was trying to “motivate” someone? :lmao:

As for Morgenthau's quote, he wasn't saying that to the general public, but to House Democrats in the Ways and Means Committee.
Which just further supports it as fact. A Democrat isn’t likely to admit publicly that they failed, and that Republican policy was the correct policy.

But they do discuss this stuff privately. So thank you for contradicting yourself and proving me right.

These people like Dagosa can't possibly be as stupid as they come across....can they?

Can you see what I mean when I say these people are likely trolls who act stupid and post the most ridiculous BS just to get a rise from conservatives so they keep the place busy?

If Dagosa really believes the horseshit he posts.....Good GAWD !

Calling "Red states" the most dangerous without the context that it is the BLUE controlled cities in those states that comprise 95% of that violence is just dishonest or supremely ignorant. (or both)

We can show what? 100 videos of Democrats looting and rioting.....and ZERO conservatives doing it. Gee. Go figure.

Which just further supports it as fact. A Democrat isn’t likely to admit publicly that they failed, and that Republican policy was the correct policy.

But they do discuss this stuff privately. So thank you for contradicting yourself and proving me right.

The "Republican" party is so awash with RINOS anymore it's hard to call it the 'Republican" party anymore.

Calling "Red states" the most dangerous without the context that it is the BLUE controlled cities in those states that comprise 95% of that violence is just dishonest or supremely ignorant. (or both)
@Dagos knows that blue states / blue cities are overrun with crime due to failed left-wing policy. But he also knows that the Democrat Party ensures his gravy train.

The handouts stop coming if the Democrats aren’t in power. So he and people like him will lie 24x7 about the failures of the Democrat Party to ensure all of those handouts keep coming their way.

Forum List

Back