Thank God For President Bush

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
I have wavered and been tempted. Online poker is a sin, I know, but thank God our President Bush and our Republican Congressmen have saved me from having to make the difficult decision of whether I should play poker online or stick with the Elks Lodge. Thank you, Focus on The Family. I deeply appreciate your work in helping to get this sinful activity banned. You have also helped me decide what I should see on the tube or hear on the radio, too. It just saves me a lot of trouble having to do all this thinking and making all of these choices for myself. It's so much simpler and better when our Government decides what's good for us. Our Government knows best! Thank you.

http://www.technewsworld.com/rsstory/53611.html

Figures. I have a friend whose boyfriend is a professional online poker player. She says it's insane the amount of money he makes at it.

It's just like with the Indian cigarette companies. They couldn't stop them from selling cigarettes, but they could stop the credit card companies from doing business with them. I could buy 3 cartons of cigarettes for $99 at a time. Now I have to pay $52 a carton because I'm just not willing to let these people have access to my checking account.

Balls.

I have wavered and been tempted. Online poker is a sin, I know, but thank God our President Bush and our Republican Congressmen have saved me from having to make the difficult decision of whether I should play poker online or stick with the Elks Lodge. Thank you, Focus on The Family. I deeply appreciate your work in helping to get this sinful activity banned. You have also helped me decide what I should see on the tube or hear on the radio, too. It just saves me a lot of trouble having to do all this thinking and making all of these choices for myself. It's so much simpler and better when our Government decides what's good for us. Our Government knows best! Thank you.

Obviously someone needs to think for you.

I noticed that betting on horse racing is still legal, along with brick-and-mortar gambling establishments and of course, state lotteries. This legislation was snuck into another bill at the last minute too. I like congressman Ron Paul's proposal: each bill shall deal with one subject and there would be a 10 day waiting period before taking a vote. Congressmen often vote on bills that are finalized mere hours before being voted upon, and/or they let their staffers skim through the material and summarize it for them.

Another thing I've heard about from poker players. Apparently this isn't going to really stop online poker. You'll just have to transfer funds to an offshore account or something. One of the companies I heard about (sort of like paypal from what I gather) is in europe somewhere, they've been slowly gaining market share but this will probably make them the dominant company in their market instead of a distant #2.

Today's conservative:

He'd wet his pants if he had to do anything about the 38 illegal Mexicans hanging out in the parking lot of 7-11 and turning America into a craphole, but he's going to make sure you don't play online poker. Talk about rearranging the deck chairs.

A total waste of time, and money.

congress should be held accountable for passing, no, even considering this kind of stuff.

People will do what people want to do.

This country just doesn't seem to "get it".

Kinda like, "make work", I'd fire you for it....:duh3:

For once I agree with GunnyL. Someone definitely needs to do your thinking for you. In the abstract, however, don't thank Bush. Thank the DEVIL HIMSELF who may actually be Bush. The paradox is undeniable.

Actually I get it, bush lover. Buy a Chevy Truck. It's Industrial Strength.

Psychoblues

PS. I like bush too, just not the current pResident Bush.

For once I agree with GunnyL. Someone definitely needs to do your thinking for you. In the abstract, however, don't thank Bush. Thank the DEVIL HIMSELF who may actually be Bush. The paradox is undeniable.

Actually I get it, bush lover. Buy a Chevy Truck. It's Industrial Strength.

Psychoblues

PS. I like bush too, just not the current pResident Bush.

:dance:

Wuzzup, Stinky?

Psychoblues
meancats-vi.gif

:thup:

Must I repeat? Wuzzup, Stinky?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!

What's up......Loser.....:dance:

You just ain't got a thing for imagination, do you, Stinky? In the famous words of my favorite bluesman, Billy G. Gibbons, "When you get that stanky stank on you, good lawd the whole fam'bly gonna know about it.

Psychoblues

No doubt about it. You need to pay more attention to the stanky thang,,,if you know what I mean. Nope, it's what you posted that got you the temp ban and you are rapidly approaching another~ed.

Psycho blues

Your so full of shit....I never had or asked that you be banned for calling me a w****.....Your words could never hurt my feeling, because, I find the words of an idiot, a joke.... And they make me :rotflmao:

New Topics

Forum List

Back