Thank A Veteran Today

We`re not the ones who spit on our soldiers Tuesday so your so called "love" for our military can never again be taken seriously.

Actually, you are. One of you spit on my brother when he arrived back from Vietnam. This resulted in the spitter's jaw being broken in three places.
Bullshit! There`s no proof that any vet was spit on....until Tuesday.

We`re not the ones who spit on our soldiers Tuesday so your so called "love" for our military can never again be taken seriously.

Actually, you are. One of you spit on my brother when he arrived back from Vietnam. This resulted in the spitter's jaw being broken in three places.

Ask the guy who ate through a straw for six weeks or so! :laugh2:

Tell me his name and I`ll ask him. Which hospital was he treated at?

I'll ask my brother next time I see him, just for you.

tell us, augie...

which branch did you serve in that you didn't see or hear of it happening?

When I served we didn't care about political affiliations, just doing our job and finding something to do when bored...

I served during the Vietnam era, at the tail end so didn't go but I remember seeing the "Baby Killers" bumper stickers and hearing about returning soldiers being spit on and trashed in pop culture. The "news" was no better and there was NO alternative back in those days. Lefties were totally brainwashed getting only one side of the story. We had people like John Kerry claiming they raped and pillaged villages "in the manner of Genghis Khan".

This day and age there's no excuse for that level of ignorance.

Your alternate reality is just that, not real. There are recent events as well.

Fraternity Boys Spit On Veteran, Urinated On American Flag

tell us, augie...

Nobody saw it and no police reports or news stories about those alleged incidents exist. Pure fantasy created by bitter vets. I don`t blame them for being bitter but why the fairy tales?
Spitting Image

tell us, augie...

Nobody saw it and no police reports or news stories about those alleged incidents exist. Pure fantasy created by bitter vets. I don`t blame them for being bitter but why the fairy tales?
Spitting Image

Misread the question?

Here it is again
tell us, augie...

Bullshit. You have been lied to.
My deceased ex was one of them. It scarred him for life how he was treated, leading to his eventual overdose, much worse than being a Marine during that war.

Disrespect for Vietnam vets is fact, not fiction
But Lembcke (august west) is refuted by many other sources, including Jim Lindgren, a Northwestern University law professor who cited news accounts that documented many spitting incidents. One example: A 1967 Bucks County Courier Times article reporting that two sailors were spat on outside a high school football game by a gang of about 10 young men. One of the sailors was stabbed.

Others:

• In October 1967, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter James Reston's front page article in the New York Times described his eyewitness account of protest behavior so vulgar that spitting was the least of the transgressions.

• Even Medal of Honor recipients were abused and "spat upon as 'monsters'," according to the head of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, WWII medalist Thomas J. Kelly. Kelly recounted how about 200 anti-war protesters showed up one year to harass the Medal of Honor recipients at their annual dinner. WWII Medalist James Conners was unable to avoid a particularly obnoxious man yelling, "Killer, killer, killer." Conners decked him.

• Other spitting incidents were reported by Pulitzer Prize winners Max Frankel in the New York Times (November 1969) and Carl Bernstein in the Washington Post (May 1970).

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image

Misread the question?

Here it is again
tell us, augie...

Like most americans, I wasn`t in the military. What`s that have to do with vets lying about being spit on?
https://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Image-Memory-Legacy-Vietnam/dp/0814751474&tag=ff0d01-20

Bullshit. My deceased ex was one of them. It scarred him for life how he was treated, leading to his eventual overdose, much worse than being a Marine during that war.

Disrespect for Vietnam vets is fact, not fiction
But Lembcke (august west) is refuted by many other sources, including Jim Lindgren, a Northwestern University law professor who cited news accounts that documented many spitting incidents. One example: A 1967 Bucks County Courier Times article reporting that two sailors were spat on outside a high school football game by a gang of about 10 young men. One of the sailors was stabbed.

Others:

• In October 1967, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter James Reston's front page article in the New York Times described his eyewitness account of protest behavior so vulgar that spitting was the least of the transgressions.

• Even Medal of Honor recipients were abused and "spat upon as 'monsters'," according to the head of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, WWII medalist Thomas J. Kelly. Kelly recounted how about 200 anti-war protesters showed up one year to harass the Medal of Honor recipients at their annual dinner. WWII Medalist James Conners was unable to avoid a particularly obnoxious man yelling, "Killer, killer, killer." Conners decked him.

• Other spitting incidents were reported by Pulitzer Prize winners Max Frankel in the New York Times (November 1969) and Carl Bernstein in the Washington Post (May 1970).

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image
But still....no proof.https://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Image-Memory-Legacy-Vietnam/dp/0814751474&tag=ff0d01-20

tell us, augie...

Spitting Image

Misread the question?

Here it is again
tell us, augie...

Like most americans, I wasn`t in the military. What`s that have to do with vets lying about being spit on?
https://www.amazon.com/Spitting-Image-Memory-Legacy-Vietnam/dp/0814751474&tag=ff0d01-20

So, since you didn't have the chance then, you've decided to hide behind a keyboard and spit on them now

Forum List

Back