Texas to make performing an abortion a felony

We're getting closer and closer to being Iran every day. It's time for republicans to celebrate

It's fully legal, supported, and even encouraged in some states.

And in Texas, it is a full-blown felony. America is about as divided as it's ever been and I can't help but think civil war is very near to the horizon.

That being said, Hopefully Texas goes as far as to make illegal abortions punishable by death.

You know, the whole eye for an eye thing.

Texas is the state that gave us Roe V Wade, and Texas is the state that will give it back!

If this was about life, the governor (Abott) would’ve done something about Child Protective Services a long time ago.

if this was about life, those 19 children in Uvalde would still be alive enjoying their summer break right now

if this was about life, shooting deaths through guns wouldn't be the leading cause of deaths for children in Texas

Proud of my state today.

Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade will make abortions illegal in Texas in 30 days. The Texas Legislature passed a “trigger law” in 2021 that makes performing abortions in Texas a felony 30 days after the Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade.

“The U.S. Supreme Court correctly overturned Roe v. Wade and reinstated the right of states to protect innocent, unborn children,” Texas Governor Greg Abbott said in a written statement following the SCOTUS decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. “Texas is a pro-life state, and we have taken significant action to protect the sanctity of life.”

One of those steps was the creation of a “trigger law,” House Bill 1280, that makes performing an abortion a felony beginning 30 days after the court’s decision. State Representative Giovanni Capriglione authored the bill and Governor Abbott signed it into law in June 2021.

The bill makes it a crime to perform, induce, or attempt abortion. The law provides exceptions for a life-threatening condition of the mother that could lead to her death or serious bodily injury. A violation of the law is a felony of the second degree. The death of the unborn during the abortion would increase the offense to a felony of the first degree. The person performing the abortion could also be subject to a civil penalty of up to $100,000 for each violation.

The law does not impose any penalty or fine on the pregnant female, the law states. Rep. Capriglione told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

What if you take a morning after pill?

yep,no surprise,texas has always made me proud the way they stand up to government corruption.they honor what patriot davie crokett stood for.

they will be second right behind missouri and banning it. here is a good video on it. they been talking about succeeding from the states sense the evil government has so many corrupt politicians and congressmen running it,thankfully Abbot is not one of them,yahoo!!!

again you should watch the video here.

You sure don't know anything about Davey Crockett.

Best way to get rid of Democrats I can think of.
They can move back to CA and NY where they can kill all the babies they want.
On the contrary… the forced births that would have otherwise been abortions is only going to increase “the left”. Get ready for a wave of welfare liberals in about two decades.

The answer is simple ladies. Vote against the Neo-GOP for every local and state wide position in every county in every election.

Take back your rights while you still can.

The answer is simple ladies. Vote against the Neo-GOP for every local and state wide position in every county in every election.

Take back your rights while you still can.
I’m sure many women, even pro-choice, are appalled that some states are allowing abortions up to the point of labor. Perhaps they will vote for a Republican Governor, such as in my state, where it will be banned at the 15 - 20 week point (still being negotiated).

I’m sure many women, even pro-choice, are appalled that some states are allowing abortions up to the point of labor. Perhaps they will vote for a Republican Governor, such as in my state, where it will be banned at the 15 - 20 week point (still being negotiated).
The procedure still needs to be legal in the cases of severe fetal anomalies. You know like the fatal anomaly Gov. Northam was hypothesizing about when all the so called Christian Right just out right lied about what he said. Still do to this day.

The procedure still needs to be legal in the cases of severe fetal anomalies. You know like the fatal anomaly Gov. Northam was hypothesizing about when all the so called Christian Right just out right lied about what he said. Still do to this day.
It will be available for severe fetal anomalies, but those are known well before labor begins.

Forum List

Back