Texas to make performing an abortion a felony

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Proud of my state today.

Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade will make abortions illegal in Texas in 30 days. The Texas Legislature passed a “trigger law” in 2021 that makes performing abortions in Texas a felony 30 days after the Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade.

“The U.S. Supreme Court correctly overturned Roe v. Wade and reinstated the right of states to protect innocent, unborn children,” Texas Governor Greg Abbott said in a written statement following the SCOTUS decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. “Texas is a pro-life state, and we have taken significant action to protect the sanctity of life.”

One of those steps was the creation of a “trigger law,” House Bill 1280, that makes performing an abortion a felony beginning 30 days after the court’s decision. State Representative Giovanni Capriglione authored the bill and Governor Abbott signed it into law in June 2021.

The bill makes it a crime to perform, induce, or attempt abortion. The law provides exceptions for a life-threatening condition of the mother that could lead to her death or serious bodily injury. A violation of the law is a felony of the second degree. The death of the unborn during the abortion would increase the offense to a felony of the first degree. The person performing the abortion could also be subject to a civil penalty of up to $100,000 for each violation.

The law does not impose any penalty or fine on the pregnant female, the law states. Rep. Capriglione told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Proud of my state today.

Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade will make abortions illegal in Texas in 30 days. The Texas Legislature passed a “trigger law” in 2021 that makes performing abortions in Texas a felony 30 days after the Supreme Court overrules Roe v. Wade.

“The U.S. Supreme Court correctly overturned Roe v. Wade and reinstated the right of states to protect innocent, unborn children,” Texas Governor Greg Abbott said in a written statement following the SCOTUS decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. “Texas is a pro-life state, and we have taken significant action to protect the sanctity of life.”

One of those steps was the creation of a “trigger law,” House Bill 1280, that makes performing an abortion a felony beginning 30 days after the court’s decision. State Representative Giovanni Capriglione authored the bill and Governor Abbott signed it into law in June 2021.

The bill makes it a crime to perform, induce, or attempt abortion. The law provides exceptions for a life-threatening condition of the mother that could lead to her death or serious bodily injury. A violation of the law is a felony of the second degree. The death of the unborn during the abortion would increase the offense to a felony of the first degree. The person performing the abortion could also be subject to a civil penalty of up to $100,000 for each violation.

The law does not impose any penalty or fine on the pregnant female, the law states. Rep. Capriglione told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Best way to get rid of Democrats I can think of.
They can move back to CA and NY where they can kill all the babies they want.

yep,no surprise,texas has always made me proud the way they stand up to government corruption.they honor what patriot davie crokett stood for.

they will be second right behind missouri and banning it. here is a good video on it. they been talking about succeeding from the states sense the evil government has so many corrupt politicians and congressmen running it,thankfully Abbot is not one of them,yahoo!!!

again you should watch the video here.

I love the Irony how Missourian here being in that state obviously was the first to jump on this news and have it ahead of everybody else

and you a texan,was on this news about texas being the second to follow right being missouri, how bout that? makes sense him a missourian would know that about his state and post it befoe everybody else did and you a texan would be the first to get this out on texas huh? LOL

Proud of my state today.

It's like watching ignorant cracker Taliban slowly take over.

FWDSu0RX0AY6Npm.jpg

Proud of my state today.

Basically it is saying that a woman will need to have her abortion outside Texas. There is no charge on her so she can have it where it is legal. More expensive and time consuming but she can still have an abortion if need be,

Proud of my state today.

I think this will encourage more consistent use of birth control, since an unwanted pregnancy will require a long and inconvenient bus ride to New Mexico. That’s a good thing.

I think this will encourage more consistent use of birth control, since an unwanted pregnancy will require a long and inconvenient bus ride to New Mexico. That’s a good thing.
It is so easy to miss. My daughter was at hospital with her husband who they thought had some fatal illness and forgot to take her pill. Along came grandson no 3.

It is so easy to miss. My daughter was at hospital with her husband who they thought had some fatal illness and forgot to take her pill. Along came grandson no 3.
It happens. Congrats on your new grandson.

But she would still have had options, as per the SCOTUS ruling. She could have taken a bus, or her husband could have driven her, to a neighboring state where abortion remains legal.

It happens. Congrats on your new grandson.

But she would still have had options, as per the SCOTUS ruling. She could have taken a bus, or her husband could have driven her, to a neighboring state where abortion remains legal.
yes, that is what will be happening now. It will be like it used to be in Ireland when they came over to the UK. Still do from Northern Ireland.

Proud of my state today.

Good.

I don't say that out of political, or religious views. I say it because abortion is murder and last time I checked murder was illegal.

Adults that murder each other I don't give a shit. But I have a particular distaste for harming kids even in the womb because it's cowardly.

Proud of my state today.

You can shoot children in schools, but you can't have an abortion....

Forum List

Back