Texas redistricting - You won't believe it

DrLove
You do know the Dems jerrymander just as much as the Reps do. Every chance they get.

Maybe, but since you control more state legislatures, y'all get to do most of the fudging. Also, Dems tend not to be quite so obvious about it. ;)

JGVO3JNKHU4RZLA3TK4WRGF7QE.png

MisterBeale
I get it that your team doesn't believe that anyone can be a largely apolitical professional, but in fact - They're out there. More of them I'll wager than there are hyper partisans.
First, I don't have a team.

Second, folks that work for the establishment, that are non-partisan, tend to have their own separate ideology, which now that the STATE and the Establishment have grown larger than the private sector, is a cancerous ideology of its own. It is, its' OWN STAKEHOLDER, separate from party.

Thus, when ever you leave a decision to the establishment, it will make decisions to grow the power of the STATE, at the expense of the people.

You don't get to tell a person that has studied all this at an institution of higher learning how this all works, I already know how it all works.

If you don't understand, that with the exponential growth of government, and the bureaucracy, "apolitical professionals," themselves, and subcontractors of government, also themselves, BECOME the very stakeholders that apply political pressure that corrupts the system, and make it all less responsive to the constituency it was all originally meant to serve.

These folks don't give a shit about Democrats, Republicans, or "the people." They only care about power and control.

. . . I won't even hazard a guess as to what your interest in all this is. . . but what ever it is, it does not seem to be in the interest of the people. Whether on the left or the right...

Findings – The results indicate that in politics, as in business, controversy and confusion continue to
surround the stakeholder concept. Participants thought “stakeholder” should imply possession of a
legitimate interest in an issue, but did not believe this was always the case. There is a gulf between
how politicians think stakeholder status should be accorded in principle and what happens in reality.
In practice, power seems to play a far greater role than legitimacy in determining stakeholder salience
among political decision-makers.

Forum List

Back