Texas providing a valuable lesson

Nationalize the damn grid and have us pay our energy bills as part of our taxes, just like Social Security, etc.

This is so freakin' stupid that one snowstorm just shuts down the 2nd biggest state in the country, and all these poor people have huge bills, and all these people are resigning, and all these companies going under. Just freakin' nationalize the industry. Save us all money

It was below freezing along the Rio Grande river for more than a week. There are only about 700 snow plow trucks in the state of Texas. Nobody could have been prepared for record cold for almost a month. The windmills screeched to a stop and it is likely to cost billions to get them started again.

Their biggest problem stems from playing the futures and when the futures skyrocketed the companies fell short of cash and lost out.
Futures markets, because of their low margin and difficult to predict volatility, are inherently very risky.

They are not for poor widows and orphans who cannot weather a storm.

They are for educated intelligent gamblers with iron balls who can afford to risk losing their entire investment faster than the blink of an eye.

My brilliant high school Home Economics teacher taught myself and my classmates that lucrative tidbit of knowledge in the 10th grade. And Sylvia Porter taught my Home Economics teacher. And I am passing on that knowledge to all of my fellow USMB forumers.

The internet rocks

Last edited:
It was below freezing along the Rio Grande river for more than a week. There are only about 700 snow plow trucks in the state of Texas. Nobody could have been prepared for record cold for almost a month. The windmills screeched to a stop and it is likely to cost billions to get them started again.
That's ok, they can use all the money they saved by not winterising the systems to pay for it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back