Texas opens 100% -- NO MASKS -- NO MANDATES

I only wear them to make others feel better, I don't wear them for my health.
Masks are chiefly worn to protect others from your bodily fluids, not to protect yourself.

A year into the pandemic, a functioning adult has NO excuse for not understanding this. None. You should feel embarrassed.

I only wear them for others to make them feel better. I don’t wear them for my health. What is in error in what I stated?

Ill bet dollars to donuts that Biden's Feds play Cuomo's game and release a couple of thousand infected illegal aliens on the poor people of Texas just to make a political point.

Janet Reno threatened banks to give loans to unqualified minorities.
Yes, the Clinton administration caused the housing collapse

I wouldn't go that far. President Bush was lax in controlling the problem himself. In an effort to try and get more minority votes for him and the party, he allowed this to continue and even promoted it.

I will agree with you this idea and much of the problem started with Clinton. Even Bill Clinton admitted he made a mistake in all this in an interview years after he left the White House. However Republican representatives gave out the warning ahead of time, and the Democrats fought tooth and nail to make sure there was no oversight on Fanny and Freddy, and what they were creating.

Here is a video that points all this out if you haven't seen it yet.

And that attitude will spread the virus and make this mess last longer

For one we don't know if they even helped, and probably won't know for a number of years. Two, we are vaccinating over a million Americans a day, and Johnson & Johnson just got FDA approval for their vaccine, so look for those numbers to grow. Three, summer decreases the spread of the virus because more people spend less time inside and more time outside.

If you are concerned about the virus, then why did you vote for Biden? He's allowing all these foreigners into the country and a good number of them are not being tested. Don't worry about us, worry more about them.

I don't think any state wanted to shut down business throughout the state.

Of course they did. They wanted the worst possible economy to try and make Trump look bad before the election. Of course they wanted to destroy businesses and lives. Power means everything to a commie no matter who's expense it's at. A Democrat politician would sell his or her soul to the devil for power.

Look at how fast the commie cities started talking about the need to open up schools and businesses again after Biden won. The virus problem was worse right after the election than when they closed everything down in the first place. It's all about politics with leftist.

And that attitude will spread the virus and make this mess last longer

For one we don't know if they even helped, and probably won't know for a number of years. Two, we are vaccinating over a million Americans a day, and Johnson & Johnson just got FDA approval for their vaccine, so look for those numbers to grow. Three, summer decreases the spread of the virus because more people spend less time inside and more time outside.

If you are concerned about the virus, then why did you vote for Biden? He's allowing all these foreigners into the country and a good number of them are not being tested. Don't worry about us, worry more about them.
So your excuse is that since we have a vaccine (but few people vaccinated yet) that we no longer have to mask up?

Really?

Here's an idea covidiot...wait until we get people vaccinated and THEN remove the mask mandates

So your excuse is that since we have a vaccine (but few people vaccinated yet) that we no longer have to mask up?

Really?

Few people?

Since vaccine distribution began in the U.S. on Dec. 14, more than 78 million doses have been administered, reaching 15.6% of the total U.S. population, according to federal data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The U.S. is currently administering over 1.9 million shots a day.

Yeah, a few people. As I stated, J&J will be contributing to this number, and remember that it's likely that the survivors of Covid which are in the tens of thousands are already immune, at least for several months.

The point is that as more people are incapable of getting it, the lower the numbers go. My personal feeling is that by June of this year, the virus will be out of existence no matter if we have masks or not.

Really?

Few people?

Since vaccine distribution began in the U.S. on Dec. 14, more than 78 million doses have been administered, reaching 15.6% of the total U.S. population, according to federal data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The U.S. is currently administering over 1.9 million shots a day.

Yeah, a few people. As I stated, J&J will be contributing to this number, and remember that it's likely that the survivors of Covid which are in the tens of thousands are already immune, at least for several months.

The point is that as more people are incapable of getting it, the lower the numbers go. My personal feeling is that by June of this year, the virus will be out of existence no matter if we have masks or not.
Great. Wait till we have a shitload vaccinated and THEN drop the masks...your personal feelings mean shit and a lot of people are gonna die because of this

Well, currently, they are #2 in virus deaths. Maybe Abbott wants to be #1. Good choice to just open things up to make that happen. Bet it will do wonders for his political career.
Hey, you guys think while you're planning your huge secession you can find some way to keep the lights on and make sure that people have clean water?

That scumbag Abbott and his sidekick Paxton are so friggin' busy being Holier Than Thou Art that they can't be bothered with actually seeing to the needs of their supposed constituents. Maybe they are on their knees right now asking their gawd to provide some clean water. This is what happens when a state is as gerrymandered as Texas is.

Great. Wait till we have a shitload vaccinated and THEN drop the masks...your personal feelings mean shit and a lot of people are gonna die because of this

My personal opinion is no different than yours. But the fact is there is no evidence that masks do much of anything given the results in commie areas like CA, NY and Chicago that have much more mandates including masks compared to non-commie areas that didn't.

The fact of the matter is that deaths and new cases are falsely reported. I know this from talking with people in the medical field and I also know this because it happened in my very own family. This is not to say that Covid isn't real, but it's way overblown.

The removal of mask mandates only means that people will actually be allowed to make their own choices, open up their businesses before they are entirely lost, and determine their own risk factors instead of government. It's understandable how you cradle-to-gravers are upset by this because government is not telling you how to live your lives, but the rest of us believe that this is and should be our own decision.

Liar!
It was BUSH who changed the law giving no down payment loans to people with bad credit for more than the property was worth. Most of the abandoned houses were abandoned by WHITE real estate speculators, then those bad loans were packaged together by greedy WHITE bankers and sold to greedy WHITE speculators as AAA bonds.
Then racist scum like you blamed blacks.

Funny how there were many shovel ready jobs in Dem states, but none in GOPQ states.

Hussein said it himself: Those shovel ready jobs were not so shovel ready.

During the Clinton administration, it was his efforts to get more minorities and poor to get their own homes. Bush may have kept the same polices and even promoted it, but it was Clinton that started the movement in the reduction of qualifications to get home loans because so many blacks didn't have down payment or proper credit history to secure a standard loan.
In RED states, because the GOPQ governors used the stimulus moner to pay down their debt rather than create jobs to make sure Obama was a one term president.

And Clinton only allowed loans to QUALIFIED minorities, but to racist scum like you, no minority is ever qualified for a loan. It was BUSH and only BUSH who changed the law giving no down payment loans to people with bad credit for more than the property was worth. It was the key feature of his 2004 campaign to steal minority voters from the Dems.

USATODAY.com - Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership

Bush seeks to increase minority homeownership
By Thomas A. Fogarty, USA TODAY

In a bid to boost minority homeownership, President Bush will ask Congress for authority to eliminate the down-payment requirement for Federal Housing Administration loans.

In announcing the plan Monday at a home builders show in Las Vegas, Federal Housing Commissioner John Weicher called the proposal the "most significant FHA initiative in more than a decade." It would lead to 150,000 first-time owners annually, he said.

Nothing-down options are available on the private mortgage market, but, in general, they require the borrower to have pristine credit. Bush's proposed change would extend the nothing-down option to borrowers with blemished credit.

The FHA isn't a direct lender, but guarantees loan payments for mortgages on moderately priced owner-occupied property. The FHA guarantee now permits private lenders to finance as much as 97% of the purchase price of a home for millions of low- and middle-income borrowers.

In the proposal soon to be delivered to Congress, Bush would allow the FHA to guarantee loans for the full purchase price of the home, plus down-payment costs. As a practical matter, the FHA would guarantee mortgages as high as 103% of the value of the underlying property.

The seeds of the mortgage meltdown were planted during Bill Clinton’s presidency.

Under Clinton’s Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary, Andrew Cuomo, Community Reinvestment Act regulators gave banks higher ratings for home loans made in “credit-deprived” areas. Banks were effectively rewarded for throwing out sound underwriting standards and writing loans to those who were at high risk of defaulting. If banks didn’t comply with these rules, regulators reined in their ability to expand lending and deposits.

These new HUD rules lowered down payments from the traditional 20 percent to 3 percent by 1995 and zero down-payments by 2000. What’s more, in the Clinton push to issue home loans to lower income borrowers, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a common practice to virtually end credit documentation, low credit scores were disregarded, and income and job history was also thrown aside. The phrase “subprime” became commonplace. What an understatement.

Next, the Clinton administration’s rules ordered the taxpayer-backed Fannie and Freddie to expand their quotas of risky loans from 30 percent of portfolio to 50 percent as part of a big push to expand home ownership.

Don't complain about the source either. It's one of your very own. The rest of the MSM did what they could to cover it up.

Really?

Why didn't you mention the opinion piece was by Lawrence Kudlow and Stephen Moore, chief economist at the Heritage Foundation?

The same RWNJ that stated,

“We have contained this. I won’t say [it’s] airtight, but it’s pretty close to airtight,” Kudlow told CNBC’s Kelly Evans on “The Exchange.” He added that, while the outbreak is a “human tragedy,” it will likely not be an “economic tragedy.”
“There will be some stumbles. We’re looking at numbers; it’s a little iffy,” Kudlow said. “But at the moment ... there’s no supply disruptions out there yet.”
www.cnbc.com/2020/02/25/ larry-kudlow-says-us-has

Take your own chances.
I will wait until I get the vaccine.
Maybe you don't know anyone who has died from Covid
I do, and it is a tough way to go.

I know half a dozen people dead. Not from covid, from the shutdown. Expect to lose at least one more by April. Two others are trying to figure out how to survive, since they are out of work (one a caterer, one a cook) and the building they own is generating no rent, hasn't been since last summer...and they can't actually do anything about it. Best case, they "only" lose the apartment building.

Forum List

Back