Texas lawmakers want to end state holiday commemorating Confederate veterans

Nobody's forcing you ... feel free to sit it out.

Besides ... you're not from Texas. Why would it keep you up at night?
I am not from Texas? Shh don't tell the wife. She's convinced I'm from Houston, and that fake birth certificate was expensive!

Nobody is forcing you. Feel free to sit it out.

I'm not sitting this out. I'm a strong advocate for removing any statues, celebration or veneration of those traitors and their murderous defense of tyranny.

We should absolutely remember them and the shame they brought on this nation. Each new generation should be taught of the evil they killed to defend and the stain their betrayal created.

I'm not sitting this out. I'm a strong advocate for removing any statues, celebration or veneration of those traitors and their murderous defense of tyranny.

We should absolutely remember them and the shame they brought on this nation. Each new generation should be taught of the evil they killed to defend and the stain their betrayal created.
New York? You sound like a New York.

You advocate whatever you want an tell whatever lies you want. We'll continue to correct you.

Do they still do airshows at the Arch? I remember when they had the Blue Angels flying and flew under it.

New York? You sound like a New York.

Half my family lives near San Marcos, between San Antonio and Austin. I've lived long stretches of my life in the Texas hill country.

You don't venerate traitors. I'd fight just as hard against Benedict Arnold High School.

Half my family lives near San Marcos, between San Antonio and Austin. I've lived long stretches of my life in the Texas hill country.

You don't venerate traitors. I'd fight just as hard against Benedict Arnold High School.
Benedict Arnold was actually a pretty good dude. You should take some time to learn some actual history and not just believe what is spoon fed to you.

Last edited:
Benedict Arnold was actually a pretty good dude. You should take some time to actually learn some actual history and not just believe what is spoon fed to you.

And if you tried to venerate that traitor, I'd fight you just as hard as I am your attempt to honor and laud confederate traitors.

You don't celebrate traitors. You don't build statues to them. You don't build monuments honoring them.

You teach each new generation about the horrors and tyranny they murdered Americans to defend.

And if you tried to venerate that traitor, I'd fight you just as hard as I am your attempt to honor and laud confederate traitors.

You don't celebrate traitors. You don't build statues to them. You don't build monuments honoring them.

You teach each new generation about the horrors and tyranny they murdered Americans to defend.
That is because you are a very simplistic thinker who has never taken the time to contemplate history or warfare.

But...that's a typical Democrat... unbelievably superficial in their cognition.

I was a soldier. There was a time I fell for that ooh ra propaganda that your enemy is evil and kills and eats babies.

But the truth is that the soldiers on both sides are very much cut from the same cloth. Benedict Arnold made a decision that made perfect sense to him at the time. The man was no coward. His men loved him. Read the article.

This thread is a hoot. Butthurt Democrats hating on their Democrat ancestors for asserting their state's rights and defying a Republican President.

:laughing0301:
The Demwitties trying to dumb down the rest of the country to lose their free speech privileges. The same people who defended the Maplethorp erotic art exhibit want everyone else to just stfu about issues they don't support. So what's new? :aug08_031:I grew up in Southern-sympathizing country, so people's opinions on any given issue range for free-for-alls to freedom-for-alls. People who discriminate against others for any reason frequently exclude people who disagree with them as strongly as Pelosi tried to wipe out support for President Trump and lost her marbles over it. That turned a lot of Democrats to seek the Walk Away movement from the Democrat Party. I still remember in the 50s people were still extremely tolerant of everyone, having just gotten over the unity WWII gave the whole country. They had respect for each other, because the guy who saved a husband's life in battle could have been a person who belonged to the other party, and appreciation for each other regardless of party brought about a loyalty to each other unlike the current intolerance for people who voted the other party. It was particularly disgusting when Biden accused half of the country who supported President Trump of being "fascists." It didn't go down well in Republican ranks, and it pretty much solidified President Trump's merits as admirable to people in both parties who don't worship the MSM due to their unfairness in issues of political positions. We shouldn't have to go through a toxic war to appreciate each other. Religion helps with unity. Atheism doesn't, and it just ticks off the extremist barracudas. :cranky:

Forum List

Back