Texas House Bill To Make It Legal For Drivers To Mow Down Protesters Blocking Their Path

Seriously that is a stupid bill and probably will not pass even in a controlled republican states.

They usually include a clause such as "exercising due care," which will always end up in court. The only people who would even considered running over someone already has mental problems. Exercising due care by running someone over. Yeah I wonder what the time limit on that is before it becomes a matter of being annoyed and in a hurry.

If you have a permit then the permit allows them to be in the street and as long as they are in the right location as permitted. IF they are not then they have to move.

Protesters cannot block traffic in public places. IF they do the police can tell them to move.

So to run them over is overkill.

Well, the article in the OP cited a bill that was introduced in 2017. It never made it out of committee. In Texas, the legislature meets for 90 days every two years so the earliest this can be re-considered is May 2021. I'm pretty sure it will be one of the "front burner" topics is the blob wins re-election and Texas remains red (both of which would seem to be tied to one another incidentally). If the blob is voted out or if Texas flips blue, you'd see a bit more conciliatory posture from the pachyderms in Austin. A lot of the politics in that state is based on pop culture and opportunism. Its slowly sinking into the GOP majority that a state income tax is needed because the property-tax model is not supporting the infrastructure and the upper limits of taxing homeowners is being reached. Now that covid has destroyed the tax income from the tourists taxes, the state income tax is a real possibility. The lottery didn't pan out they way they thought it would. So if Biden becomes President, you may see the packies in Texas push through a state income tax and blame it on Biden.

I did not know that they only meet twice a year. Reading up on it and it appears that their are 3 other states that meet every two years. Sounds ridiculous as it must be hard to respond to changes. I guess it is more power to the Gov.

The guy who submitted this bill did so at the same time that the young woman got run over during the 2017 protests and he received a lot of hate mail on that one. He quickly condemned the media and said the bill would not hurt criminal prosecution.

The bill appears to really only protects the driver from civil liability and does not protect then from criminal liability. So relatives are limited if they want to sue and the only regress is to depend on the criminal justice system.

The author of this bill says "Does the Far Left know the difference between lawfully protesting in a street and illegally blocking a hwy!?" which was tweeted by him.. Well do you not know the difference between a street and a highway.

So he changed the bill to reflect that it did not include streets instead only refers to highways. With the limited time that they are in session this bill will probably never be a priority.

its every other year for 90 days. It is a clue as to why Texas is the spot god would stick the nozzle if he wanted to Give the world an enema.

and fortuitously enough, right when I just got a new set of wheels, too!

combine-3.jpg
Can I buy one of them too, I could make literally tons of fertilizer a day

Those nigs dont give a shit if you're an old hag as long as you have no teeth and your white.

Classy typical Trump supporter.

Hush boy...

Stay classy.

I'm as classy as the situation warrants.
Sooooo.....

Not sure how the situation warrants you calling them "nigs". Classy.

So maybe I should take a page out of their playbook and go black bear hunting.
Or maybe ambush some cops and shoot em the head.
Sorry Nancy but they've thrown all civility out the window. Me calling em nigs is lightweight in comparison.

Those nigs dont give a shit if you're an old hag as long as you have no teeth and your white.

Classy typical Trump supporter.

Hush boy...

Stay classy.

I'm as classy as the situation warrants.
Sooooo.....

Not sure how the situation warrants you calling them "nigs". Classy.

So maybe I should take a page out of their playbook and go black bear hunting.
Or maybe ambush some cops and shoot em the head.
Sorry Nancy but they've thrown all civility out the window. Me calling em nigs is lightweight in comparison.

Or you can also not murder people and not call them "nigs" either.

But that would require some class.

This would get more traction if I made a thread on it's own... but... It's directly talking about what we are here. I agree with what he is saying, and MORE INFORMATION IS GIVEN. More video proof of what happened.

Edit:

Last edited:
It's about time for this bill to pass.
Hopefully it will encourage other states to do the same.

Do you honestly think this is going to past constitutional muster? If you think that this law will stand up in the Supreme Court you are even dumber than I thought you were.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
  • Thanks

They should have a point system and open season.

Of course...the Right is inherently violent.

• Thanks

Do you honestly think this is going to past constitutional muster? If you think that this law will stand up in the Supreme Court you are even dumber than I thought you were.

Hell, progressives pass sanctuary laws all the time. What's good for the goose....

So who wins in this scenario. Driver decides to run over protestors, protestor takes out a gun and stands his ground and shoots driver. Only in Texas or Florida would this ever happen.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
So who wins in this scenario. Driver decides to run over protestors, protestor takes out a gun and stands his ground and shoots driver. Only in Texas or Florida will this ever happen.
Protester is not allowed to stand his ground in the middle of the fucking road, just like a trespasser has no right.
I am not sure if that is true. If I am standing on or near the road and a car speeds up to hit me, I am within my rights to defend myself.

So who wins in this scenario. Driver decides to run over protestors, protestor takes out a gun and stands his ground and shoots driver. Only in Texas or Florida will this ever happen.
Protester is not allowed to stand his ground in the middle of the fucking road, just like a trespasser has no right.
I am not sure if that is true. If I am standing on or near the road and a car speeds up to hit me, I am within my rights to defend myself.
But if you're standing in the middle of the road in the path of vehicles, you do not have the right to stand your ground. You are blocking traffic. It is illegal in Texas for protesters to block traffic. You do not have the right to stand your ground in the middle of the fucking road.

That is all.

Forum List

Back