Texas attorney general’s office sought state data on transgender Texans

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Interesting. I wonder if this violates any rules/laws about information disclosure by trying to get Driver's license informaiton on Texas citizens for a non driving purpose.

HOUSTON — Employees at the Texas Department of Public Safety in June received a sweeping request from Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office: to compile a list of individuals who had changed their gender on their Texas driver’s license and other department records during the past two years.

“Need total number of changes from male to female and female to male for the last 24 months, broken down by month,” the chief of the DPS’s driver license division emailed colleagues in the department on June 30, according to a copy of a message obtained by The Washington Post through a public records request. “We won’t need DL/ID numbers at first but may need to have them later if we are required to manually look up documents.”

After more than 16,000 such instances were identified, DPS officials determined that a manual search would be needed to determine the reason for the changes, DPS spokesman Travis Considine told The Post in response to questions.

“A verbal request was received,” he wrote in an email. “Ultimately, our team advised the AG’s office the data requested neither exists nor could be accurately produced. Thus, no data of any kind was provided.”
Asked who in Paxton’s office had requested the records, he replied: “I cannot say.”
The behind-the-scenes effort by Paxton’s office to obtain data on how many Texans had changed their gender on their license came as the attorney general, Gov. Greg Abbott and other Republican leaders in the state have been publicly marshaling resources against transgender Texans.

Thats fair, but it doesn't change my query. Additionally what was his intent? Searching Texas citizens to find "X" people sounds like a terrible idea.

America's fight against LGBTQ's should be abandoned now. The rest of the world has moved on to being tolerant on sexual preferences.

Obviously there can be ID fraud if a man uses female as his gender in an ID application.
A genetic test would verify a person's true gender.
Fraudulent ID issues could be a big problem in court cases.
The state has an obligation to ensure that IDs have valid information.

You want the government to have genetic tests on al driver's license holders?

They shouldn’t be allowed to change the accurate sex on their driver’s license.

Your cosmetic surgery doesn’t change reality. This is an ID card. Facts are all that should be on there.

If this is even allowed, at all, we need to write to our state reps and fix this error.

They should invalidate any license with this fraudulent data on it immediately.

Last edited:
Kids have more to worry about with so called straight men. But you just keep on collecting names for whatever creepy purpose you have in mind.
you dont think those white men need put on a list and stopped??

sounds to me like youre trying to deflect from stopping pedos,,

Forum List

Back